ADVERTISEMENT

Smooth talkers..

Chuck003

Junior
Nov 6, 2016
Sucked in by Moos, Trev, Mickey.. All of them. Prove the shit on the field. How does any Husker fan get taken in by this crap without results? Moos is done. Screw him. But Trev and Mickey and all of these other smooth talkers? Prove it on the field, and I will be the first one to say I'm sorry. Until then, talk is cheap. From every last one of them.

agree to an extent. the immediate love affair with MJ when his only experience is getting killed by OU is a little much. would love for him to prove me wrong, but as of now he seems like another John Blake; tremendous at getting talent in the door but not HC material. frankly, i'm not sure i've been impressed with the WR play under his tutelage either.

most husker fans need to get over this irrational desire for everyone in the administration to have some ties to nebraska/the midwest. not saying there aren't quality coaches with those things, but it doesnt need to be a requirement for someone willing to come here and win.

agree to an extent. the immediate love affair with MJ when his only experience is getting killed by OU is a little much. would love for him to prove me wrong, but as of now he seems like another John Blake; tremendous at getting talent in the door but not HC material. frankly, i'm not sure i've been impressed with the WR play under his tutelage either.

most husker fans need to get over this irrational desire for everyone in the administration to have some ties to nebraska/the midwest. not saying there aren't quality coaches with those things, but it doesnt need to be a requirement for someone willing to come here and win.
Thank you. That says what i was trying to say without the Buffalo Trace running through my veins. I like Mickey, but I am not sure exaacly what he has done other than his 2 LSU recruits. When he has results, I will shut up. His receiving corp is sevricable, but they are not exactly lighting in up when it comes to fundementals (like catching the ball).

0-1 as a head coach and already written off. Wow.

I get the need to not be taken in, but don’t go overboard the other way either. Holy crap. John Blake??? He at least had a few seasons to show his incompetency as a coach. Give MJ more than just a game before declaring him as a failed head coach.

And thanks @thall_ for creating a new screen name overnight to share this very important observation. :rolleyes:

I guess one could look at it this way, did Frost or Joseph inherit a bigger mess?

Funny that Frost was afforded so much patience, there were those who said 7-10 years is all he needs. Now Joseph inherits one of the worst teams in D1 college football, after the season started, and with a make shift staff that overall has proven little and his first game was with OU. I don't think it could get much more challenging than that.

Joseph is a complete mess from top to bottom. Nebraska football has fallen so far, it is barely recognizable.

Unfortunately no one will walk in and fix this mess overnite, Its much worse than with Reynolds’s or Riley.

I dare you to compare what we have in Football to what we have in Basketball . Both are made up of middle of the road recruits cast offs from other teams. Neither programs are good and simply getting better coaching will not change what you have.

Only Michigan State Football made this type of union work. And that will wind up being a one year fix, it’s now a mess as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: augdog2012
Not sure what you'd expect. This season is a write off. Let's see how this all plays out. Joseph is a good edition to our staff. You can see why they want to keep him in the fold. Whether he can elevate us or not will determine if he keeps the HC position. I can see Mickey hiring a totally new staff at seasons end.

Sucked in by Moos, Trev, Mickey.. All of them. Prove the shit on the field. How does any Husker fan get taken in by this crap without results? Moos is done. Screw him. But Trev and Mickey and all of these other smooth talkers? Prove it on the field, and I will be the first one to say I'm sorry. Until then, talk is cheap. From every last one of them.
I would not consider Mickey or Frost smooth talkers. Moos and Trev speak like you would expect an AD at a massive athletic institution to speak.

0-1 as a head coach and already written off. Wow.

I get the need to not be taken in, but don’t go overboard the other way either. Holy crap. John Blake??? He at least had a few seasons to show his incompetency as a coach. Give MJ more than just a game before declaring him as a failed head coach.

And thanks @thall_ for creating a new screen name overnight to share this very important observation. :rolleyes:
get over yourself.

obviously he gets more than one game, but i'm not going to pre-emptively slobber at the notion of hiring another husker who says pretty things like most of you.

Reactions: oldjar07
Not sure what you'd expect. This season is a write off. Let's see how this all plays out. Joseph is a good edition to our staff. You can see why they want to keep him in the fold. Whether he can elevate us or not will determine if he keeps the HC position. I can see Mickey hiring a totally new staff at seasons end.
Mickey Joseph is not going to be our coach. Just stop.

get over yourself.

obviously he gets more than one game, but i'm not going to pre-emptively slobber at the notion of hiring another husker who says pretty things like most of you.
Thanks Newbie. Way to go 180 degrees from what I mentioned. Give the guy more than one game is a far cry from a pre-emotive slobbering. After just 1 game you are already comparing him to John Blake. Don’t be a newbie and a douche at the same time. If you are, don’t be surprised people question your motives for posting.

Have a nice day.

Thanks Newbie. Way to go 180 degrees from what I mentioned. Give the guy more than one game is a far cry from a pre-emotive slobbering. After just 1 game you are already comparing him to John Blake. Don’t be a newbie and a douche at the same time. If you are, don’t be surprised people question your motives for posting.

Have a nice day.
get over yourself [x2]

I don’t care how long you’ve been posting here, and don’t be pissy when I respond to your condescending attitude with the same energy.

I will repeat, I would love for Mickey Joseph to be the guy, but there is nothing to argue in favor of that yet. ~3 decades of coaching without ever being a coordinator certainly doesn’t help that argument.

Obviously, we will see if that changes as the season plays out.

get over yourself [x2]

I don’t care how long you’ve been posting here, and don’t be pissy when I respond to your condescending attitude with the same energy.

I will repeat, I would love for Mickey Joseph to be the guy, but there is nothing to argue in favor of that yet. ~3 decades of coaching without ever being a coordinator certainly doesn’t help that argument.

Obviously, we will see if that changes as the season plays out.
How thin skinned are you? My first response wasn’t “pissy” at all. I was questioning your comparison to John Blake after just ONE game. I don’t think there could be a more knee-jerk reaction than that.

In response, You told me to get over myself, claiming fans like me are slobbering over MJ. If anyone is being pissy here it would be you.

If you’re upset with the newbie comment, pay your dues. We all had to, don’t expect to come in and be accepted with open arms as a husker fan at a time when there are more trolls than ever. If you knew how to read the room, you would get that and not be so easily offended.

So in conclusion, get over yourself.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Mickey is a straight talker not a smooth talker. There is a big difference

How thin skinned are you? My first response wasn’t “pissy” at all. I was questioning your comparison to John Blake after just ONE game. I don’t think there could be a more knee-jerk reaction than that.

In response, You told me to get over myself, claiming fans like me are slobbering over MJ. If anyone is being pissy here it would be you.

If you’re upset with the newbie comment, pay your dues. We all had to, don’t expect to come in and be accepted with open arms as a husker fan at a time when there are more trolls than ever. If you knew how to read the room, you would get that and not be so easily offended.

So in conclusion, get over yourself.
not reading your novel lol

thats cool/sorry that happened tho

Reactions: oldjar07
You kind of have to be a smooth talker to get any sales, no matter what business you are in.. heck, to even get a girlfriend.. it's a skill that every guy should learn and get good at. Even Tom was smooth with his spiel..

If you are on the buying side of the equation, yeah, it's all talk, you have to look for clues that what you're being sold is legit.

Girls wear makeup for a reason right? Such is life I guess. lol

Reactions: HuskerDana
ADVERTISEMENT