ADVERTISEMENT

Smoke signals indicating we may finish this class with two 4* on signing day

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
DB Avante Dickerson and OLB Davon Townley

If that happens, that’s a pretty nice finish to an already solid class.
I know our luck with 4* isn’t always the greatest, but the goal of acquiring 4* athletes should never waiver.

Townley is a project, but we’re simply not able to recruit the most coveted “ready made” players.

If one or both don’t sign, I’d expect the transfer portal to fill in the gap, possibly best available player there.

Overall, Nebraska’s streak of losing seasons not hindering our ability to recruit ~Top 20 classes is impressive.

I know our luck with 4* isn’t always the greatest, but the goal of acquiring 4* athletes should never waiver.

Townley is a project, but we’re simply not able to recruit the most coveted “ready made” players.

If one or both don’t sign, I’d expect the transfer portal to fill in the gap, possibly best available player there.

Overall, Nebraska’s streak of losing seasons not hindering our ability to recruit ~Top 20 classes is impressive.
Is there any particular reason why you are saying Dickerson to Nebraska? From what I’ve seen the signs are pointing to him being a Duck.

Reactions: t7w0c1
Is there any particular reason why you are saying Dickerson to Nebraska? From what I’ve seen the signs are pointing to him being a Duck.
Some reporters feeling good about him staying home. But I’m not holding my breath.
I wasn’t expecting him, so it would just be bonus to get a top athlete.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Just imagine if we can develop the new faces. Winking
This is brought up plenty, and I almost added it to the original post.
Along with minimizing bad attrition, Frost and Co. absolutely need to prove they can take whatever raw clay they have and mold it into an NFL level product.
They get paid to make that happen, which is what leads to wins. It is their job to maximize whatever talent they have.
So far, saying we’ve seen “mixed results” may be generous.

And then one year from now, Sean does an article "Reclassifying the BIG 2021 Recruiting Class" after a couple recruits decide to leave.

This is brought up plenty, and I almost added it to the original post.
Along with minimizing bad attrition, Frost and Co. absolutely need to prove they can take whatever raw clay they have and mold it into an NFL level product.
They get paid to make that happen, which is what leads to wins. It is their job to maximize whatever talent they have.
So far, saying we’ve seen “mixed results” may be generous.
Maybe they should go to the Iowa school of developing college talent that goes on to play in the NFL and plays

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Imagine what we can do if we start winning....

Hope we get them, but AD could end up at Oregon and Townley at PSU.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Some reporters feeling good about him staying home. But I’m not holding my breath.
I wasn’t expecting him, so it would just be bonus to get a top athlete.
I’m hearing the same thing. Greg Smith from Hail Varsity also believes he stays but this could change from one day to the next. I really hope we land this kid. That will make it 4 out of top 5 instate kids to sign with us.
Also, how about Kaden Helms and Devon Jackson getting offers from Oklahoma? I like our chances with Helms.

I’m hearing the same thing. Greg Smith from Hail Varsity also believes he stays but this could change from one day to the next. I really hope we land this kid. That will make it 4 out of top 5 instate kids to sign with us.
Also, how about Kaden Helms and Devon Jackson getting offers from Oklahoma? I like our chances with Helms.
I’d like to see us pull off the Oklahoma upset in the fall and give them reason to stay here.

Last edited:
I’d like to see us pull off the Oklahoma upset in the fall and give them reason to stay here.
it doesn't appear as though many recruits require winning as a reason to come here. apparently they like the coaches or the training table

it doesn't appear as though many recruits require winning as a reason to come here. apparently they like the coaches or the training table

We’ve done ok, but there’s plenty of other schools getting better recruits, likely on accounts of their winning performance.

Wins should only widen our recruiting net.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Imo, AD is all Oregon, that is the only smoke I see. The other kid wasn't even sure he wanted to play football, no thanks. I get the feeling Townley would be like Alex Davis. The guy looked the part, had the speed and athletic ability but didn't know how or have the instincts to play football. I think we have enough projects, go find a 3 star that is going to play passed off please.

I also don't think we would take both of them. We only have 2 spots left and we need to save one for a portal or JUCO guy after the Spring. We we have transfers or injuries at a a position, we will want a scholarship to address it.

Has anyone told Dickerson about the dangers of covid-1984? Stay home, stay safe, play football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT