ADVERTISEMENT

Slight Urban Meyer envy

huskerpete8

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
OK, I have to admit I felt a little envious when I watched the ESPN coverage of Ohio State's spring game. Why? Because Urban was critical. He said, "We did not get better as a team!" Then he added, "a few individuals got better and they are ...." I can't remember who they were.

The point is his standards are so high. It's why he's hospitalized for chest pain. He's in it to win championships and nothing less and obviously he's getting it done with multiple national titles at two different schools.

I like our new coaches I really do. I just hope there's some urgency. This is not Oregon State. It's not OK to get trucked by Oregon 5 years in a row.

I think our guys are great. I just hope they know we want championships. We MUST get Nebraska back to that. It's been missing for so long. Urban gets it. You can tell everything he does is designed to win titles. I just hope our guys feel the same way. Everyone's style is different but let's be honest: Our QBs did NOT get it done in the spring game. I kind of wish MR would have been a little more critical but maybe he's dong it privately and hist style is just different.

But as I said earlier Urban was really harsh in his evalutation of his team and they just won a nash. I kind of wish our dudes were a little more like that. Not gonna lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.