ADVERTISEMENT

Sledding Hills near Omaha?!?!?!

chrsmneric

Walk On
May 30, 2017
Any hot spots for sledding in or around Omaha? This 50 degree weather is only temporary...would love some ideas for the next snow fall!

Many years ago we used to hit the hill by the Sheraton Inn off 120 between L and Q. Its not the Sheraton anymore. Not even sure if thats still an option. If was steep and fast and you could catch a bit of air before crashing

That hotel is gone. The family that owned it ran that into the ground. Literally. Roach infested dump!

I had a friend who grew up near there and I hit that hill a few times. Was a lot of fun.

Reactions: chrsmneric
When I was a kid we used to use the hill on the back side of Dill softball complex at Benson Park. It was on the corner of 66th and Ames. Don't know what it looks like now, but 35 years ago it was great. ha ha ha

Many years ago we used to hit the hill by the Sheraton Inn off 120 between L and Q. Its not the Sheraton anymore. Not even sure if thats still an option. If was steep and fast and you could catch a bit of air before crashing

I'm not positive, but I think that is the hotel I was staying at with my parents, I think it was January of '93. We would go somewhere with a pool for a weekend to celebrate their anniversary. Anyway, it was cold, snowy and dark. I go out to the parking lot with my Dad and there's a guy just laying in the snow as the bottom of the hill, two kids nearby. Dad says, "Are you okay?", he says, "actually I think I might have broken my leg." Sledding accident!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT