ADVERTISEMENT

Sipple Article

Ha ha. Coach speak. So I shouldn’t believe him when he says this is the first year where he had a team to compete for the west? What he really means is be happy with 7-5?
Guess we’ll know in about 10 months, won’t we?

100% on the money. If your running game is working everything else is far easier.
What did we see last night in Tampa. The Bucs made the decision early to establish the run and by the second half were bullying the Chiefs. As far as things go in the run game at NU in recent years, Riley wasn't recruiting enough RBs even for his own offense (a check of the Rivals commit list is pretty damn underwhelming). Early on Frost was going for who could help immediately. Bell turned out to be a reach and Mo turned out have million dollar legs and a 50 cent head. My message to Frost would be to look at the league and see what types of backs are successful year in and year out. Less Rahmir, more Ziggy, Mills and Stepp. Get NU three backs like that on the roster.

What did we see last night in Tampa. The Bucs made the decision early to establish the run and by the second half were bullying the Chiefs. As far as things go in the run game at NU in recent years, Riley wasn't recruiting enough RBs even for his own offense (a check of the Rivals commit list is pretty damn underwhelming). Early on Frost was going for who could help immediately. Bell turned out to be a reach and Mo turned out have million dollar legs and a 50 cent head. My message to Frost would be to look at the league and see what types of backs are successful year in and year out. Less Rahmir, more Ziggy, Mills and Stepp. Get NU three backs like that on the roster.
Get two of Morrison, Ervin, Thompkins and Scott to develop behind Stepp which I don't think is far-fetched and that position immediately can become a strength.

Everything about this program is about what happened 20 years ago. Get back to those days, the dominance, having the current players play like they did in 2000. They did everything right then but they are now wrong. Many of those guys have connections to the players the Huskers need today so I would at least listen.
Listen to what exactly? What are the old players saying that is constructive to turning this dumpster fire around? Those balding middle aged men can't teach our center to snap straight or our QB how to spot open receivers. You want everyone pulling in the same direction, but after multiple losing seasons you're going to get anonymous chirping from wanna-be's that complain to Sipple. You say "get back to those days" like it's a choice and Frost can just snap his fingers. I never said anyone was "wrong". I'm saying Frost needs to focus on being a better coach and let the Monday morning quarterbacks (you, me, former players) do their thing.

But I guess Frost could just show up to spring practice, gather the team, and say "Hey guys, from today forward I'd like you to play like Nebraska did in 2000. Thanks." Why didn't he think of that before?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Listen to what exactly? What are the old players saying that is constructive to turning this dumpster fire around? Those balding middle aged men can't teach our center to snap straight or our QB how to spot open receivers. You want everyone pulling in the same direction, but after multiple losing seasons you're going to get anonymous chirping from wanna-be's that complain to Sipple. You say "get back to those days" like it's a choice and Frost can just snap his fingers. I never said anyone was "wrong". I'm saying Frost needs to focus on being a better coach and let the Monday morning quarterbacks (you, me, former players) do their thing.

But I guess Frost could just show up to spring practice, gather the team, and say "Hey guys, from today forward I'd like you to play like Nebraska did in 2000. Thanks." Why didn't he think of that before?
The game has changed so much but Tom Brady started college in 95. Maybe we should just get back to the option

Yes. "Bitching to bitch" is a fully adult phrase. "Excuse excusey face" is something I would have thought of in 6th grade in the early 2000s.
Public vote in 2016 named a boat boaty mcboatface. So the people have spoken. Timnsun is now “excuse mcexcuseface“

this thread is a hilarious study in how to completely nosedive credibility

@Huskerz99, the little you may have had prior to this has now cratered, and it has nothing to do with being right or wrong

you will not be missed

Eventually the mods need to put a lock on this thread it’s run it’s course..

it's very obvious that you care. a lot.

you started this thread purely due to 'vindication' of a previous post. "look at me! I was right!"

you continue to say 'prove me wrong' to posters who respond to you.

all in all, it's very, very sad.
I Wasn’t proven wrong....lol

Seems pretty common sense I guess. I didn't know Minnesota's run defense was that bad to be honest. I think it's just another situation of Frost wanting his spread to work that badly no matter the conditions or who he's playing against.
Well we still ran spread against Rutgers. I think the Minnesota game was more of Frost and Lubick seeing what Minnesota was doing defensively and how open we were getting guys so they kept chucking the ball. Dang it we had guys open all over the field and couldn't hit them. I don't know how much of it was Adrian making the decisions on RPOs to throw it instead or running it. Adrian makes me want to pull my hair out. Sometimes he'll make a really nice throw in to a tight window and the next minute he'll give you a WTH are you thinking toss. Lots of talent. Man I hope they can improve his decision making by this fall. That game film from Rutgers IMO may be helpful in drilling some things in to his brain.

Reactions: headcard

Bottom line, you didn't say anything I disagree with.

What college teams did you play for and would you be willing to prove it? Seriously, I bet you wouldn't know how to put on a strap.

Who the **** are you and what’s your problem?

Actually, don’t bother answering. I’ll just assume you are another obsessed, little D Iowa fan and just put you on ignore.

Bye, bye

Well we still ran spread against Rutgers. I think the Minnesota game was more of Frost and Lubick seeing what Minnesota was doing defensively and how open we were getting guys so they kept chucking the ball. Dang it we had guys open all over the field and couldn't hit them. I don't know how much of it was Adrian making the decisions on RPOs to throw it instead or running it. Adrian makes me want to pull my hair out. Sometimes he'll make a really nice throw in to a tight window and the next minute he'll give you a WTH are you thinking toss. Lots of talent. Man I hope they can improve his decision making by this fall. That game film from Rutgers IMO may be helpful in drilling some things in to his brain.
Just me personally but I think Verdu has him thinking too much, instead of just letting him play. Which, you know could work for some QBs and not work for others. Just based on Adrian’s freshman year to the rest of his time, it seems he’s really good at just playing backyard football and just reacting instead of “playing the system”. Don’t know if that’s good or bad cause he’s shown signs the last 2 years but it just seems he’s always just like 10% less sure than he should be and I think it’s just him thinking too much.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Just me personally but I think Verdu has him thinking too much, instead of just letting him play. Which, you know could work for some QBs and not work for others. Just based on Adrian’s freshman year to the rest of his time, it seems he’s really good at just playing backyard football and just reacting instead of “playing the system”. Don’t know if that’s good or bad cause he’s shown signs the last 2 years but it just seems he’s always just like 10% less sure than he should be and I think it’s just him thinking too much.
Get Amart a run game where the backs generate yardage and then there is less pressure on AM to pull rabbits out of his hat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT