ADVERTISEMENT

Sipple Article

As a society, we seem to have developed "replies" to things we don't agree with it. This board is no exception.

If someone says something political we don't agree with, they are racist.

If they say something in this board, they must be a troll.

If someone says something positive about Iowa, it is Iowa sucks.

Just had this discussion at church today. We don't debate facts anymore, we have to attack the messenger and degrade them.

You said former players aren’t donating to the current project because they are unhappy, which is 100% BS. Your proof is a quote from 15 years ago, about a different project. Which is idiotic. Which is what you do.
Nope. I said it could be a reason and you said that’s not possible. I proved it is very possible based on Frost direct quote. Wrong again

As a society, we seem to have developed "replies" to things we don't agree with it. This board is no exception.

Just had this discussion at church today. We don't debate facts anymore, we have to attack the messenger and degrade them.
Very true. Good post. I don’t like the facts so I’ll attack the person

I agree with your sentiment. However, in this instance, we literally have someone making up their own facts and attacking anyone and everyone that doesn’t live in their fantasy land. It’s one thing to have an opinion, it’s another to flat lie. That my friend is trolling and it is the OP’s MO.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I agree with your sentiment. However, in this instance, we literally have someone making up their own facts and attacking anyone and everyone that doesn’t live in their fantasy land. It’s one thing to have an opinion, it’s another to flat lie. That my friend is trolling and it is the OP’s MO.
Making up direct quotes from Scott frost? How did I make that up. Good job. Don’t like the facts. Criticize the person.

What we have is a little band of board members that attack others just like what happened with the Riley days. It's exactly like that all over again.

History has proven that group during the Riley era to be absolutely wrong.

The same will happen to this group.

Reactions: Huskerz99
Making up direct quotes from Scott frost? How did I make that up. Good job. Don’t like the facts. Criticize the person.

Do you honestly not know what “facts” are? If you are an idiot and not a troll, I apologize.

It is not a quote about this situation. You took something someone said about a different situation 15+ years ago and are trying to apply it to today, as if he just said it about today. That is not a fact. That is lying, which is what you do.

Do you honestly not know what “facts” are? If you are an idiot and not a troll, I apologize.

It is not a quote about this situation. You took something someone said about a different situation 15+ years ago and are trying to apply it to today, as if he just said it about today. That is not a fact. That is lying, which is what you do.
It was about facilities. The quote is about facilities. There are other quotes from frost being critical of Callahan and there are many similarities to today.
Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
A coach who criticized the west coast offense and said we got away from power football and then brings a soft offense back when it’s his turn.

Good to see this kaffeeklatsch (where gossip and coffee are served virtually) has gotten to four pages. Yes, Frost and program continue to struggle. But the defense that I saw give up against Iowa the year before Frost showed up is now a defense that shows up and competes. Far from perfect, but a significant improvement. Frost may need to address some underlying schemes in his run offense in order to consistently be able to move the ball in the B1G. But no one would deny that he now has a younger, more talented offensive line that now has actual game experience. NU hasn't hit yet at RB, but the Stepp kid looks to be a load and there are four other scholarship kids. Basic probability would dictate that one of these kids should be a B1G level player. I am less concerned about QBs and WRs than the RB position. Give Martinez a consistent run game and his own run game becomes more productive and the pass game flows from that. If opposing Ds need to constantly keep their eyes on the run game, receivers have more room to operate.

100% on the money. If your running game is working everything else is far easier.

Please ...

Brendan Stai is on the scott frost gravy train
His job is to pump sunshine to donors and potential donors so they will write checks

He is employed as a propaganda peddler.

“Brenden Stai joined the Nebraska Athletic Department in July of 2018 as a Director of Development. As a member of the Huskers Athletic Fund staff Stai is responsible for fostering relationships with donors in the state of Nebraska and the western part of the United States.”
Stai actually made some honest critique ON AIR after the Minnesota game and it appeared that Frost got the message with their game plan at Rutgers. I don't care what you think, you're wrong if you think Stai would be dishonest for a paycheck. Don't be a doofus. Stai doesn't need the money. What he DOES want is to do what's best for Husker football and it still appears that in his VERY intelligent and educated opinion that Frost is the best hope for success for Husker football. Get help.

Stai actually made some honest critique ON AIR after the Minnesota game and it appeared that Frost got the message with their game plan at Rutgers. I don't care what you think, you're wrong if you think Stai would be dishonest for a paycheck. Don't be a doofus. Stai doesn't need the money. What he DOES want is to do what's best for Husker football and it still appears that in his VERY intelligent and educated opinion that Frost is the best hope for success for Husker football. Get help.
Do you remember what was said?

The number of people agreeing with me is growing.....

Yep

everyones-doing-it.jpg

Nope. I said it could be a reason and you said that’s not possible. I proved it is very possible based on Frost direct quote. Wrong again

Wow, you are a piece of work! After the first page I swore I wouldn't read the next 4 pages, but much like a rubbernecker at a car wreck, I had to keep looking. You appear to have a very inflated opinion of yourself based on nothing more than conspiracy theory level stuff. You talk about players against, but I remember this from him coming home.

I'll also just drop this right here!

Moos set up weight room greeting between Frost, former players; more than 150 show up

Wow, you are a piece of work! After the first page I swore I wouldn't read the next 4 pages, but much like a rubbernecker at a car wreck, I had to keep looking. You appear to have a very inflated opinion of yourself based on nothing more than conspiracy theory level stuff. You talk about players against, but I remember this from him coming home.

Moos set up weight room greeting between Frost, former players; more than 150 show up
You showed evidence for. Which I’m not disagreeing with. But there is evidence against. Obviously those people stay quiet.

it’s like 2 weeks ago when 10 players got on twitter and mentioned how much they love scott frost and Nebraska. So does that mean everything is perfect and everyone likes him? Nope. I’m sure the guys who don’t like him are going to get on twitter and say “our coach is an idiot im just here to finish my playing days”. No. So out of the 2500 alumni football players we have 100 came to support. And that disproves my point?

Thanks for sharing this..Sherman99 is a troll.

Reactions: headcard

Doesn’t matter. He knows what he knows and that’s all he’s gonna say about it.

#facts.

Do you remember what was said?
Not word for word, but he commented on not sticking with the run game. He was obviously upset that we didn't exploit Minnesota's weakness against the run. He had some comments on ways to help the O line be more effective too IF I remember correctly. Minnesota was GIVING us the passing game and the challenge is for a play caller to not be duped in to doing something that your QB has trouble executing. Then if you get down by more than a TD the error is thinking you have to abandon the run.

Last edited:
You showed evidence for. Which I’m not disagreeing with. But there is evidence against. Obviously those people stay quiet.

it’s like 2 weeks ago when 10 players got on twitter and mentioned how much they love scott frost and Nebraska. So does that mean everything is perfect and everyone likes him? Nope. I’m sure the guys who don’t like him are going to get on twitter and say “our coach is an idiot im just here to finish my playing days”. No. So out of the 2500 alumni football players we have 100 came to support. And that disproves my point?
So you get to pick and choose who’s telling the truth. Whenever Frost says something that doesn’t pan out he was telling the truth and an idiot.

But when all these players (way more than 10) say they love and support Frost, they’re lying.

What world do you live in?

So you get to pick and choose who’s telling the truth. Whenever Frost says something that doesn’t pan out he was telling the truth and an idiot.

But when all these players (way more than 10) say they love and support Frost, they’re lying.

I’m not saying they all hate him. Never said that. I’m saying there are some that do. You don’t listen well

if anyone's point has been proven in this thread, it's mine, which was simply this:

starting a thread for the sole purpose of saying 'I told you so' makes you the softest kind of puss and will get you derided worse than any 'fact' you'll ever post, right, wrong or otherwise.

That’s like saying Donald Trump had the biggest rallies. Everyone loves Donald Trump. Nope. Lowest approval rating of any president.

if anyone's point has been proven in this thread, it's mine, which was simply this:

starting a thread for the sole purpose of saying 'I told you so' makes you the softest kind of puss and will get you derided worse than any 'fact' you'll ever post, right, wrong or otherwise.
Okay. But I told you so.

Okay. But I told you so.
congrats?

your entire point has boiled down to this, if I'm understanding - if one single former player dislikes Frost, then you're correct on a post you made at some undetermined point in the past.

wow. might have the next Nostradamus on our hands! incredible stuff.

I’m not saying they all hate him. Never said that. I’m saying there are some that do. You don’t listen well
Regarding what Frost says, here’s a tip: he is a P5 coach and 97% of what he says is coach speak.

Once you understand that you won’t quote it as gospel truth in the next 50 threads you post in.

Last edited:
Not word for word, but he commented on not sticking with the run game. He was obviously upset that we didn't exploit Minnesota's weakness against the run. He had some comments on ways to help the O line be more effective too IF I remember correctly. Minnesota was GIVING us the passing game and the challenge is for a play caller to not be duped in to doing something that your QB has trouble executing. Then if you get down by more than a TD the error is thinking you have to abandon the run.
Seems pretty common sense I guess. I didn't know Minnesota's run defense was that bad to be honest. I think it's just another situation of Frost wanting his spread to work that badly no matter the conditions or who he's playing against.

Regarding what Frost says, here’s a tip: he is a P5 coach and 97% of what he says is coach speak.

Once you understand that you won’t quote it as gospel truth in the next 50 threads you post in.
Ha ha. Coach speak. So I shouldn’t believe him when he says this is the first year where he had a team to compete for the west? What he really means is be happy with 7-5?

congrats?

your entire point has boiled down to this, if I'm understanding - if one single former player dislikes Frost, then you're correct on a post you made at some undetermined point in the past.

wow. might have the next Nostradamus on our hands! incredible stuff.
Been a little more than that. Keep your heads in the sand

Have you ever been on a team? Did you play college athletics by chance? Because those of us that did can tell you. That isn’t how it works. It didn’t split the team and you didn’t have to pick sides. A guy hooked up with someone’s ex 25 years ago. That’s has nothing to do with today.
What college teams did you play for and would you be willing to prove it? Seriously, I bet you wouldn't know how to put on a strap.

Hey post a link to the original discussion where you were called a troll. I want to get the whole picture. BTW, if you're using a Sipple article to vindicate yourself you're getting desperate. Personally I don't care what a few players from 20+ years ago think. It has zero to do with wins and losses.
Everything about this program is about what happened 20 years ago. Get back to those days, the dominance, having the current players play like they did in 2000. They did everything right then but they are now wrong. Many of those guys have connections to the players the Huskers need today so I would at least listen.

You are a crazy person. I honestly can’t think of a single thing you have been right about. Which in itself is an amazing feat.
You feeling the need to insult anyone that doesn't agree with your narrow, uninformed, and predictable opinions is so hilarious. We have had this discussion once before, you just would let up. Nobody had to be the smartest guy in the room every time.

Man, if we can't say "Iowa sucks", I'd only have like 12 posts and 3 likes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT