ADVERTISEMENT

Sipple Article

Tou can try to rewrite history all you want, but you have not been correct about one single thing to date, just trolling and moronic accusations that are shot down left and right.

Ron Brown: This one is possible, but I doubt it. You bitched about Brown and his beliefs and then after he changes positions you pound your chest and say see I told you. Maybe you made some prediction before he changed positions. I don’t recall that, just you taking shots at him as a person.

Wandale; As usual you known nothing. Wandale gave his reason and all your dumb theories look pretty stupid now. He did go home to a terrible offense, with no QB. You saying something over and over doesn’t make it true.

Luke: This info was on other boards weeks before you ran over here to stir the pot. In fact, yours wasn’t even the only post to get erased about it. You just whined the loudest.

Warner: WTF are you even claiming here. There was a post with a tweet that you jumped in on, because of course you did. Warner wants his kid to play more, every dad does. You don’t have any info from Kurt Warner you are just trolling, as usual.

In every one of these instances you are bragging about, you bring nothing. No information, no insights. You just bitch constantly and hate everything. And then when something you perceive as negative happens, you pound your chest and claim you were validated. If you have some actual issues, that’s fine we all do. But this childish nonsense of yours is nothing more than pathetic trolling.
Nope. You are wrong again. You said wandale went home because his mom and had no issues with frost. Then reports came out he didn’t like the offense and wasn’t used properly.
Rob brown I said frost needed to move because he doesn’t relate well to players and we had a ron brown appreciation thread but frost moved him and I guarantee those reasons are because he doesn’t relate well to current players. But frost won’t say that. Just wait on Kurt Warner. I bet more info will come out one day about it but I believe Kurt was unhappy With frost and the program. Just reading between the lines. But keep your head in the sand. Pretend we won the west again.

What’s he not being objective about?
I think he has made a lot of player management mistakes. Call it mismanagement. The ghost of his past telling him he was not a QB, then proving everyone wrong in college and winning a championship, and then having to switch positions in the NFL. It's a big chip on his shoulder, and he brings that to the table here unfortunately.

I can't profess to know everything going on with Scott, but coming back to your alma mater adds a unique perspective on things that would not be present at another school that doesn't have the history/baggage.

I am positive Scott could walk into another program in a talent rich area and have things working much easier..

Prior coaches had to deal with the fishbowl and lack of nearby talent, which can be overcome.. but they didn't have to deal with traumatized memories of the past as a player, nor good memories of your mentor who is still watching you. It's a huge extra amount of stuff that would keep most of us, myself included, from being as objective as we need to be to run a program and make the best decisions for the entire team.

Reactions: Huskerz99
Nope. You are wrong again. You said wandale went home because his mom and had no issues with frost. Then reports came out he didn’t like the offense and wasn’t used properly.
Rob brown I said frost needed to move because he doesn’t relate well to players and we had a ron brown appreciation thread but frost moved him and I guarantee those reasons are because he doesn’t relate well to current players. But frost won’t say that. Just wait on Kurt Warner. I bet more info will come out one day about it but I believe Kurt was unhappy With frost and the program. Just reading between the lines. But keep your head in the sand. Pretend we won the west again.

So in every single case you were never proven correct, you just went through some mental gymnastics to convince yourself you are.

th

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun and Dharry
my prediction is 7-5 next year maybe 8-4. The defense may be the most experienced defense in the history of college fb in terms of cumulative years in the program. That has got to mean something positive.
but defense will take a huge hit when they lose so much the following year. They better win some games this year i'm not sure how great the following year will be with so much loss on the defense

Sometimes it takes a sports writer to write controversial material to get you to click and read that's what they do. People will always believe what they want and refuse what the don't. All I know from Frosts playing days is he helped win a National Championship for Nebraska and that should make most people happy. By the way if anyone wants to they can take a look at that National Championship Trophy at the stadium when it opens up again.

Reactions: timnsun
Let’s all argue about a guy who has frustrated his former team mates because of things he’s said and has gone 12-20. Is anyone even hearing themselves? Isn’t this common sense? They’re probably saying the same things that people on here repeat for 10 months a year waiting for week 1 to start. Next recycled topic please? Anyone know if Moos was drunk this week as a legal adult to consume alcohol? JFC

Sometimes it takes a sports writer to write controversial material to get you to click and read that's what they do. People will always believe what they want and refuse what the don't. All I know from Frosts playing days is he helped win a National Championship for Nebraska and that should make most people happy. By the way if anyone wants to they can take a look at that National Championship Trophy at the stadium when it opens up again.
Aaron Hernandez helped win titles too so no matter what he does the rest of life it’s excused because he helped win trophies?

Aaron Hernandez helped win titles too so no matter what he does the rest of life it’s excused because he helped win trophies?

Jesus. Even for you this is off the deep end. Having a bad press conference or calling a bad play on the goal line is equal to murder? Get a grip man.

EDIT: On second thought this post is very on brand for you.

Jesus. Even for you this is off the deep end. Having a bad press conference or calling a bad play on the goal line is equal to murder? Get a grip man.

EDIT: On second thought this post is very on brand for you.
Well to be fair if we want to examine a mans life and his worst situations we probably wouldn’t mention bad press conferences or calling bad plays. We would bring up frost hiding in a closet while an innocent women was being beaten up and potentially killed. And that’s all we know about.

For reference here is the article, that the OP failed to link:

In this article Sipple quotes one lineman from the 70’s, who says the team is portly coached. He also says he has heard similar from some of Frost former teammates.

OP now makes the leap that he is correct in his assessment that Frost’s former teammates want Frost to fail because of the “LP stuff”, 25 years ago. I’ve read the article multiple times, that leap is beyond crazy. Like actually insane.

my prediction is 7-5 next year maybe 8-4. The defense may be the most experienced defense in the history of college fb in terms of cumulative years in the program. That has got to mean something positive.
but defense will take a huge hit when they lose so much the following year. They better win some games this year i'm not sure how great the following year will be with so much loss on the defense
I like your post a lot because it highlights that there really isn't any problem on the defensive side of the ball, and so by that alone, we are half way there. If we can get the offensive side of the ball to come together, we could meet those targets pretty easily.

Can I just remind everyone to re-read the title of this thread? Sipple got two angry emails from SOMEONE, writes an “a lot of people are saying” article, and here we are. To OP, who just wants to be “right” - I’m not saying there isn’t a handful of former players who don’t like Frost. I’m saying to date he’s been a terrible coach. One has nothing to with the other and only one matters.

Can I just remind everyone to re-read the title of this thread? Sipple got two angry emails from SOMEONE, writes an “a lot of people are saying” article, and here we are. To OP, who just wants to be “right” - I’m not saying there isn’t a handful of former players who don’t like Frost. I’m saying to date he’s been a terrible coach. One has nothing to with the other and only one matters.
You might be correct. I just get angry people won’t acknowledge that like you said frost has been a terrible coach. So when others bring facts to support this they are labeled troll. I hate the fans who point the finger at certain players but rarely point the finger at the man steering the ship.

I like your post a lot because it highlights that there really isn't any problem on the defensive side of the ball, and so by that alone, we are half way there. If we can get the offensive side of the ball to come together, we could meet those targets pretty easily.
You're forgetting about special teams. Both the offense and special teams must improve to have a 7-5 or 8-4 season.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
You might be correct. I just get angry people won’t acknowledge that like you said frost has been a terrible coach. So when others bring facts to support this they are labeled troll. I hate the fans who point the finger at certain players but rarely point the finger at the man steering the ship.
SF has done a terrible job after 3 years but he still had to clean up Riley’s softness and no accountability..

So what’s your point again Sherman..

SF has done a terrible job after 3 years but he still had to clean up Riley’s softness and no accountability..

So what’s your point again Sherman..
Cleaning it up? What are examples he is cleaning it up? Why do you consider Riley’s program soft? Give me an example of why it was soft? If it’s just strictly lifting I’ll give you that

I think he has made a lot of player management mistakes. Call it mismanagement. The ghost of his past telling him he was not a QB, then proving everyone wrong in college and winning a championship, and then having to switch positions in the NFL. It's a big chip on his shoulder, and he brings that to the table here unfortunately.

I can't profess to know everything going on with Scott, but coming back to your alma mater adds a unique perspective on things that would not be present at another school that doesn't have the history/baggage.

I am positive Scott could walk into another program in a talent rich area and have things working much easier..

Prior coaches had to deal with the fishbowl and lack of nearby talent, which can be overcome.. but they didn't have to deal with traumatized memories of the past as a player, nor good memories of your mentor who is still watching you. It's a huge extra amount of stuff that would keep most of us, myself included, from being as objective as we need to be to run a program and make the best decisions for the entire team.
How can you say any player has been mismanaged? Who would know more about what went into player decisions than the head coach? Certainly not fans.

Then how did he win at UCF? Did he just forget how to coach?
another fact that goes over the heads of the haters
Frost will get this foundation in and we will see a much deeper team, we need real depth, something Neb hasn't had for a very long time

How can you say any player has been mismanaged? Who would know more about what went into player decisions than the head coach? Certainly not fans.
Did you use this same logic when Riley was the head coach? You trusted Riley and said he knows more than anyone?

This is a made up narrative in your head. I do not think there is a single poster on here that is happy with the job Frost has done or who doesn’t have concerns. I am also failing to see anyone pointing the finger at certain players.

What you fail to see is the reality, that it is just about the results on the field. We are losing because we throw interceptions in the endzone, hold on big plays, settle for FG’s in the red zone. Those are the issues. You want to throw out crazy conspiracy theories about any and everything (Smothers transferring). You want to bitch and moan about things that don’t matter (CTB dancing). You name call and attack everyone associated with the program on a personal level (comparing Frost to Aaron Herneandez in this very thread). The list goes on and on. That is the definition of trolling. I see no one defending the result on the field, I see a lot of people calling out a troll for being a troll.

This is a made up narrative in your head. I do not think there is a single poster on here that is happy with the job Frost has done or who doesn’t have concerns. I am also failing to see anyone pointing the finger at certain players.

What you fail to see is the reality, that it is just about the results on the field. We are losing because we throw interceptions in the endzone, hold on big plays, settle for FG’s in the red zone. Those are the issues. You want to throw out crazy conspiracy theories about any and everything (Smothers transferring). You want to bitch and moan about things that don’t matter (CTB dancing). You name call and attack everyone associated with the program on a personal level (comparing Frost to Aaron Herneandez in this very thread). The list goes on and on. That is the definition of trolling. I see no one defending the result on the field, I see a lot of people calling out a troll for being a troll.
Okay. Let the players dance. So why was dancing on the sideline an issue during the Riley years? Answer that. Don’t you remember former players mentioning it? Pretty sure even Matt Davison criticized dancing on kickoffs and now his boy is in charge and we still got dancing but it’s N.

Cleaning it up? What are examples he is cleaning it up? Why do you consider Riley’s program soft? Give me an example of why it was soft? If it’s just strictly lifting I’ll give you that
“Hip hip hooray”
“Ice cream with sprinkles”
Physical appearance the entire time

soft as hell

Reactions: wkato

one of the few logical posters still left on the board
a true breath of fresh air
thank you

“Hip hip hooray”
“Ice cream with sprinkles”
Physical appearance the entire time

soft as hell
What physical appearance all the time?

Dancing is N

best practice we ever had

they will have to adjust to us

They were clapping

we wore hoodies

the schedule is too hard

thats a winnable game

Okay. Let the players dance. So why was dancing on the sideline an issue during the Riley years? Answer that. Don’t you remember former players mentioning it? Pretty sure even Matt Davison criticized dancing on kickoffs and now his boy is in charge and we still got dancing but it’s N.

It was a two second clip you have went nuts over.
I have given you examples of players doing the same thing at OSU, Clemson, Nebraska under Pelini, etc. But that is somehow different? And you wonder why you are called a troll.

And what is you obsession with this Riley stuff? First this was an issue and shouldn’t happen, but now it’s an issue that poor Riley was attacked for it? Man you are all over the place in your outrage.

Last edited:

I quote: After Ioway beat Nebraska 40-10, NU defensive coordinator Mark Banker told reporters that the hawkeyes practices must be a bloodbath because the physical way they played us..

“Riley team practices like there in the PAC 12“ Gerry DNardo.

It’s taken SF and Duval 3 years to get Nebraska strong and physical again after 3 years of no accountability from the previous staff..

GTFO, Sherman.

This is a made up narrative in your head. I do not think there is a single poster on here that is happy with the job Frost has done or who doesn’t have concerns. I am also failing to see anyone pointing the finger at certain players
OMG thank you headcard. There is NO ONE who thinks Frost has been remotely good. But there sure is a select group who beats the drum EVERY FREAKING DAY. You can recognize them, they spend a lot of time telling us all how they've been vindicated and have been proven right.

Sipple mentioned that some of Frost’s former teammates reach out to to express concern over Frost. This prompted a reporter to ask Frost about it last week.
I mentioned that I heard from former teammates and players they had issues with Frost but I was told it was lies and I was a troll. I said a faction of players don’t like Frost dating back to when he first transferred to Nebraska.
However, Steven Sipple’s article in the LJS proves this to to true.
I know Frost says he wants former players to come back but I’m worried those relationships might be done.
Now winning will solve a lot of this and you can’t please everyone. But it’s troubling when former players who did amazing things for this program are unhappy especially with their own. I just wonder if there is more we don’t know about.
Do your constant negative attacks on our football program and head coach make you feel better about yourself? Get help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT