ADVERTISEMENT

Sipple Article

Again. Missing the point. Influential people can help dictate where a certain recruit chooses to attend school. I.e. Iowa, Oregon, wherever. There are some influential football people in this state or even country who might steer players to other programs.
The recruiting is fine. We have enough talent to win games that we are losing. Frost has a lot to worry about but whether or not some teammates from three decades ago are actively trying to sabotage the program that they played for seems like something beyond his control to me. If they hate his guts that much there's nothing he can do about it anyway. As has been pointed out numerous times, Frost has been extremely successful signing locals despite the narrative that guys like you are trying to drive.

The recruiting is fine. We have enough talent to win games that we are losing. Frost has a lot to worry about but whether or not some teammates from three decades ago are actively trying to sabotage the program that they played for seems like something beyond his control to me. If they hate his guts that much there's nothing he can do about it anyway. As has been pointed out numerous times, Frost has been extremely successful signing locals despite the narrative that guys like you are trying to drive.
I think it is an issue because now when things aren’t going right the people he needs in his corner “fans” look to former players. Former players speak more negatively and it affects support. Don’t think for a second the temperature of the room doesn’t affect decisions in the athletic department. If enough former players are openly sending emails to reporters or contacting them it’s an issue. Clearly it’s gotten bigger since sipple did a whole article on it correct? So are these same players saying the same thing to Moos? I doubt Moos would just ignore alumni’s emails if the culture is so open to former players as they say?

You forgot the dancing.
Dancing hasn’t come to fruition yet. But former players were mad when mike Riley’s teams were dancing for kickoffs remember? And im sure you agreed with the former players back then. But dancing under this regime is celebrated as being N.

Dancing hasn’t come to fruition yet. But former players were mad when mike Riley’s teams were dancing for kickoffs remember? And im sure you agreed with the former players back then. But dancing under this regime is celebrated as being N.
What does this even mean, dancing hasn’t come to fruition yet? You complained vociferously about the one Nebraska player who was dancing.

What are you trying to say?

What does this even mean, dancing hasn’t come to fruition yet? You complained vociferously about the one Nebraska player who was dancing.

[/QUOTE]
It means in a year you will sit here and say Frost didn’t work out because of x, y, and z. You will say he didn’t instill the toughness Or discipline he was supposed to or said he would. You will say we have the talent to win but we just did too many dumb things That lead to losses.

I will then point out that we allowed dancing in practice and it was celebrated. that it seemed we had a soft culture because players danced in practice which is one thing. But saying players are N because they dance is another.

it’s like when we found out mike Riley had ice cream sandwich practices and fans criticized that. But if Frost did that you would say he loves his players.

It means in a year you will sit here and say Frost didn’t work out because of x, y, and z. You will say he didn’t instill the toughness Or discipline he was supposed to or said he would. You will say we have the talent to win but we just did too many dumb things That lead to losses.

I will then point out that we allowed dancing in practice and it was celebrated. that it seemed we had a soft culture because players danced in practice which is one thing. But saying players are N because they dance is another.

it’s like when we found out mike Riley had ice cream sandwich practices and fans criticized that. But if Frost did that you would say he loves his players.
[/QUOTE]
Keep on dreaming... you’ve got us all figured out.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Keep on dreaming... you’ve got us all figured out.
[/QUOTE]
You said the same thing about my posts on Ron Brown. I was right again.

I know. You’re never wrong. I should have never doubted.
I have been wrong. But more often than not I have been right. So when I say something you don’t like and am called a troll and a few weeks later or in some instances a year later I’m proved right then yeah it’s a little validating.

again, you get louder and more insulting the closer some of us are to the truth because you don’t like it.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I have been wrong. But more often than not I have been right. So when I say something you don’t like and am called a troll and a few weeks later or in some instances a year later I’m proved right then yeah it’s a little validating.

again, you get louder and more insulting the closer some of us are to the truth because you don’t like it.
Maybe it’s because of the way it’s presented. You may not realize it but at times, there’s a little too much glee in your posts. You exaggerate things as well. See the thread about the Sipple article. You stack criticisms one after another. And then you walk it back and say you want Frost to succeed.

It all seems just a little schizophrenic to me, and judging by the many posts against your schtick, I’m not alone in feeling this way.

Maybe it’s all on us. Or maybe, just maybe, you play a part in the insults that hurt your feelings so much.

Maybe it’s because of the way it’s presented. You may not realize it but at times, there’s a little too much glee in your posts. You exaggerate things as well. See the thread about the Sipple article. You stack criticisms one after another. And then you walk it back and say you want Frost to succeed.

It all seems just a little schizophrenic to me, and judging by the many posts against your schtick, I’m not alone in feeling this way.

Maybe it’s all on us. Or maybe, just maybe, you play a part in the insults that hurt your feelings so much.
Im usually right though. So I don’t get it.

Sipple mentioned that some of Frost’s former teammates reach out to to express concern over Frost. This prompted a reporter to ask Frost about it last week.
I mentioned that I heard from former teammates and players they had issues with Frost but I was told it was lies and I was a troll. I said a faction of players don’t like Frost dating back to when he first transferred to Nebraska.
However, Steven Sipple’s article in the LJS proves this to to true.
I know Frost says he wants former players to come back but I’m worried those relationships might be done.
Now winning will solve a lot of this and you can’t please everyone. But it’s troubling when former players who did amazing things for this program are unhappy especially with their own. I just wonder if there is more we don’t know about.
I know a couple/few former players. They don’t want Frost to fail. But they didn’t want Callahan, Pelini or Riley to fail either. They want the program to succeed...and to be honest I don’t think they care if that success comes from a former Neb QB or an outsider to the program. They just want to see the program do well. By the same token the few I know (in the end) will hold Frost up to the same standards as the other three. Is he making positive progress? Is Neb getting better? Is he the best guy for the job for the long term “best interest” of the program? If all those answers are “yes” they will continue to support him. If not, at some point, they’ll want to see change. Then they will support the new guy in their vision for Neb to do great things on the field. These former players I know aren’t buddies of Frost but they do love Nebraska FB. I can guarantee that much.

so validating that a thread must be started!

softer than your momma's titties, fella.

Reactions: Dharry and egaRdeR
Does any of this really matter? We are what we are. It’s year 4 and Frost has to prove it. We’ll have a more clear view if he’s our guy or not next next year. Any outside noise is shenanigans at this point. Win the damn games and everyone will shut up.
We said that same thing about him this past year, and he is clearly not our guy. Don’t move the goal posts man.

Sipple mentioned that some of Frost’s former teammates reach out to to express concern over Frost. This prompted a reporter to ask Frost about it last week.
I mentioned that I heard from former teammates and players they had issues with Frost but I was told it was lies and I was a troll. I said a faction of players don’t like Frost dating back to when he first transferred to Nebraska.
I know Frost says he wants former players to come back but I’m worried those relationships might be done.
Now winning will solve a lot of this and you can’t please everyone. But it’s troubling when former players who did amazing things for this program are unhappy especially with their own. I just wonder if there is more we don’t know about.

Who are these former players? You start a thread pretending you have inside info. Come out and say who they are. You claim you were right about Wan’Dale, Luke and Ron Brown. You must know who these guys are.

We said that same thing about him this past year, and he is clearly not our guy. Don’t move the goal posts man.

Have no option, he’s getting 5 years for sure. If he does not produce a winning season next year he’ll be a walking dead man in year 5. That year will essentially be a wasted year in recruiting. He has no option but to win in year 4.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Who are you?

Ron brown changing positions and why. Wandales real reasons for leaving. Luke leaving. Kurt Warner upset with program/frost. Frost former teammates unhappy with him and why. Just to name a few.
You need to get your butt to hollywood, youre loaded with drama

And as for influential people, theyd be the same ones that got Fidone to come here over sucky iowa

Honestly there's always going to be a certain percent of former players that don't like any coach including Frost. Nothing very surprising about that.

The bigger problem with Frost isn't just a lack of support by some former players, it's his inability to win games and have a winning record. He's currently got the worst record as a head coach of anyone is the post Devaney era. That's an issue for not only former players but Husker fans including me.

Great article Chatelain: Three years in, Scott Frost's words don't match reality

He was much too nice though..

I think Scott is just a BS'er.

That is how he is able to recruit, and what he is selling the fans is the same sort of schtick.

When you read the article by Dirk, he pulls in all those quotes from over the past 3 years, and it really drives it home that it has been nothing more than bs talk the whole time.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Great article Chatelain: Three years in, Scott Frost's words don't match reality

That is how he is able to recruit, and what he is selling the fans is the same sort of schtick.

When you read the article by Dirk, he pulls in all those quotes from over the past 3 years, and it really drives it home that it has been nothing more than bs talk the whole time.
Then how did he win at UCF? Did he just forget how to coach?

You said former players want him to fail because of “the LP stuff”. That is idiotic. Having concerns about Frost and the direction of the program is understandable. Not surprising you can’t see the difference.

Nailed it.

Does any of this really matter? We are what we are. It’s year 4 and Frost has to prove it. We’ll have a more clear view if he’s our guy or not next next year. Any outside noise is shenanigans at this point. Win the damn games and everyone will shut up.

No doubt about it...

Then how did he win at UCF? Did he just forget how to coach?
I think he's trying too hard.. too stubborn about his experience here as a QB.. something about him being a former player here, makes it so that he is not objective.. At UCF, he wasn't emotionally invested.. more objective.

With Tom still watching, that's just an educated guess on my part. Too much fishbowl maybe too?

Last edited:

He has lost his touch though.
Think how good he was to convince those 13 teams to all lose to his team

I think he's trying too hard.. too stubborn about his experience here as a QB.. something about him being a former player here, makes it so that he is not objective.. At UCF, he wasn't emotionally invested.. more objective.

With Tom still watching, that's just an educated guess on my part. Too much fishbowl maybe too?
What’s he not being objective about?

Who are these former players? You start a thread pretending you have inside info. Come out and say who they are. You claim you were right about Wan’Dale, Luke and Ron Brown. You must know who these guys are.
I was right. But ask sipple who the players are. He probably knows some too.

I was right. But ask sipple who the players are. He probably knows some too.

But you weren’t, at all, as usual.

You said former players are working against Frost and want him to fail because of the LP stuff. Sipple’s article does not saying anything like that. I really can’t see how you can read that and think he is saying that same thing you are. He’s not, no one is.

Ron brown changing positions and why. Wandales real reasons for leaving. Luke leaving. Kurt Warner upset with program/frost. Frost former teammates unhappy with him and why. Just to name a few.

You can try to rewrite history all you want, but you have not been correct about one single thing to date, just trolling and moronic accusations that are shot down left and right.

Ron Brown: This one is possible, but I doubt it. You bitched about Brown and his beliefs and then after he changes positions you pound your chest and say see I told you. Maybe you made some prediction before he changed positions. I don’t recall that, just you taking shots at him as a person.

Wandale; As usual you known nothing. Wandale gave his reason and all your dumb theories look pretty stupid now. He did go home to a terrible offense, with no QB. You saying something over and over doesn’t make it true.

Luke: This info was on other boards weeks before you ran over here to stir the pot. In fact, yours wasn’t even the only post to get erased about it. You just whined the loudest.

Warner: WTF are you even claiming here. There was a post with a tweet that you jumped in on, because of course you did. Warner wants his kid to play more, every dad does. You don’t have any info from Kurt Warner you are just trolling, as usual.

In every one of these instances you are bragging about, you bring nothing. No information, no insights. You just bitch constantly and hate everything. And then when something you perceive as negative happens, you pound your chest and claim you were validated. If you have some actual issues, that’s fine we all do. But this childish nonsense of yours is nothing more than pathetic trolling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT