ADVERTISEMENT

Sipple Article

Stai actually made some honest critique ON AIR after the Minnesota game and it appeared that Frost got the message with their game plan at Rutgers. I don't care what you think, you're wrong if you think Stai would be dishonest for a paycheck. Don't be a doofus. Stai doesn't need the money. What he DOES want is to do what's best for Husker football and it still appears that in his VERY intelligent and educated opinion that Frost is the best hope for success for Husker football. Get help.

Didn't Stai support the hiring of Bill Callahan? Asking for a friend.

Didn't Stai support the hiring of Bill Callahan? Asking for a friend.
I don't remember that. Uncle Miltie did for sure. Stai I'm sure could appreciate Bill's ability to coach an O line. Callahan's offense wasn't our problem and IMO IF Tom had let Bill fire his DC and a couple of defensive assistants and keep his job, we probably wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. JMO.

Get Amart a run game where the backs generate yardage and then there is less pressure on AM to pull rabbits out of his hat.
That sure helped against Rutgers. It would have worked against Minnesota too IMO. Hopefully Frost and Lubick have rewatched all of their games again and have figured that out. We can not abandon the run. It didn't work for KC Sunday and it won't work for us.

Reactions: bshirt73
If memory serves, Stai was on the Raiders at the time that Callahan was the head coach and the OL coach under Gruden. I’m pretty sure he endorsed the Hire
I don't think Stai ever played for the Raiders. Winking Personally I think IF Tom had told Bill to fire his DC and Elmo and let him keep his job that we might not have the mess we do now. I can't imagine that Stai was asked about hiring Callahan before it happened. From my booster of substance source, NOBODY had any idea about Callahan until it was announced. Callahan would have had Joe Ganz as his starting QB that next year, likely a stud QB recruit and LOADS of defensive talent. Give him an average DC and a DB coach who could form a sentence and who knows how many games Callahan would have won that next year.

Reactions: scarletred
I don't think Stai ever played for the Raiders. Winking Personally I think IF Tom had told Bill to fire his DC and Elmo and let him keep his job that we might not have the mess we do now. I can't imagine that Stai was asked about hiring Callahan before it happened. From my booster of substance source, NOBODY had any idea about Callahan until it was announced. Callahan would have had Joe Ganz as his starting QB that next year, likely a stud QB recruit and LOADS of defensive talent. Give him an average DC and a DB coach who could form a sentence and who knows how many games Callahan would have won that next year.
Perhaps is was Adam Treu.

Perhaps is was Adam Treu.
Treu was a Raider in 2004. From all accounts, his offensive line charges liked Callahan. I think he could have been successful if Tom hadn't canned him. Tom at the helm would have stopped all of the back biting that was going on. Hell Tom was able to prop up a nut job for 7 years. He sure as hell could have worked with Callahan.

Treu was a Raider in 2004. From all accounts, his offensive line charges liked Callahan. I think he could have been successful if Tom hadn't canned him. Tom at the helm would have stopped all of the back biting that was going on. Hell Tom was able to prop up a nut job for 7 years. He sure as hell could have worked with Callahan.
I just knew it was a four letter surname with as many vowels as consonants.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
That sure helped against Rutgers. It would have worked against Minnesota too IMO. Hopefully Frost and Lubick have rewatched all of their games again and have figured that out. We can not abandon the run. It didn't work for KC Sunday and it won't work for us.

Exactly! We've been doing endless priority #1 fluff-ball for years and all we ever do is lose, lose, lose & lose.

"It didn't work for KC Sunday and it won't work for us." 100% accurate sir.

ADVERTISEMENT