ADVERTISEMENT

Since we're not hiring a new basketball coach....

How long dingle.. this is a joke... how come mediocrity and flat out garbage is asked for 1more year.. i say bull crap hes had enough time.. recruiting classes etc..he hasnt even been close.. i dont care if he did win the Big reg season last year..he did everything he could to lose it!! In fact backed his way into it.. it is a garbage conference that should be there for the taking for any competant coach.. min every single year..especially with the support the university has shown him.. im sick of these results.. just like football and just like basketball.
Erstad has given an amazing amount of time and money to UNL. He deserves to be treated with respect. Period. It turns my stomach to see the fair weather fans on here calling for his head. Things will work out the way they're supposed to work out without all of the negative comments about one of our own. We should be better than that.

Erstad has given an amazing amount of time and money to UNL. He deserves to be treated with respect. Period. It turns my stomach to see the fair weather fans on here calling for his head. Things will work out the way they're supposed to work out without all of the negative comments about one of our own. We should be better than that.
The amount of money Erstad has given to the university should have no bearing on his job status. That line of thinking is one of the few reasons his hiring was bogus in the first place. Whether he can turn it around in the future(if he’s still here) remains to be seen but he has been mediocre at best ever since he blew smoke up everybody’s ass at his hiring PC.

There is not a single individual or team statistic in which Nebraska is in the top 50 nationally.

In the following offensive team statistics Nebraska is outside the top 100:

Hitting Percentage
Hits
Runs
Home Runs
Slugging
Stolen Bases
On Base Percentage

Our team fielding percentage is ranked 186th in the country.

But sure its the pitching injuries that is the problem.

it's time to make a change.

Last year probably bought Erstad a couple of more seasons, so I don't bother speculating about him being fired. But it's amusing to think back to when Erstad was hired, when a handful of us were supposed to hide our head in shame because of our downright treasonous opinion that it wasn't the right move. Now we're supposed to give Erstad a pass because he donated a lot of money to the program? That's hilarious.

dingle lives in his own world when it comes to Miles and Erstad. pretty sure he's trolling
I hope so because i respect dingles opinion.. however he couldnt be more wrong on this topic.. i like erstad.. want him. To be successful now and forever..but he gets paid to do a job.. he is not getting that job done...next

Reactions: HuskerDana
I don't think anyone is disrespecting erstad!! It just some of us have a different opinion of his job as a coach and really he's never really been that successful way to much of a roller coaster and when regional tournaments come around he's terrible. Now that's my opinion I don't think it's being disrespectful.

I don't think anyone is disrespecting erstad!! It just some of us have a different opinion of his job as a coach and really he's never really been that successful way to much of a roller coaster and when regional tournaments come around he's terrible. Now that's my opinion I don't think it's being disrespectful.
Its not.
Erstad is a great guy, will always be a Husker, carried himself with class and played his ass off. Has represented NU well as coach too. Im sure hes trying.
But its obvious its just not working out. I wont be upset if he gets another year to prove it, but i wont be upset with him leaving. He has to know it aint workin.
Theres nothing wrong with stating the truth. Truth is it aint workin.

Its not.
Erstad is a great guy, will always be a Husker, carried himself with class and played his ass off. Has represented NU well as coach too. Im sure hes trying.
But its obvious its just not working out. I wont be upset if he gets another year to prove it, but i wont be upset with him leaving. He has to know it aint workin.
Theres nothing wrong with stating the truth. Truth is it aint workin.

EXACTLY. That is all I am saying. I love Erstad. I love what he has done for the University. Unfortunately, this has turned into a train wreck.

He's completely laid an egg at the end of the season in the only couple decent years he's had. The rest of the years have been mediocre at best and he may be having his poorest season yet. It's time for a change.

you all want to fire the guy who coached them to the big ten championship last year. it's called a down year, injuries, guys going pro, kids having to play who aren't quite ready for the level,give him a break and see what happens next year, he is a good coach and i believe a few years ago he donated like a mil to the athletic fund, i get it's like year 6 but things don't happen overnight. PATIENCE is a must.

A couple of things. Coaching is always what have you done for me lately. Second any moneys donated to the University should not even be considered. To even bring it up is just wrong. Year 6? He took over a team that moved to an easier conference and that had not had a losing season in quite a few years. Patience?? What are we being patient for?? He is having a 4-8 type of year on the baseball field. Now that does not mean it is time for him to be removed. However if that decision is made it sure would not be because the admin had not been patient!

Reactions: yunginsNU2
see what happens next year, he is a good coach and i believe a few years ago he donated like a mil to the athletic fund
Why does it matter what happens next year? He will still have donated a lot of money to the NU Athletic Fund, so doesn't that argument endure forever?

Reactions: yunginsNU2
People preaching patience sound a lot like the people who said the same things for years about John Sanders former player bad coach. Look what happened when that change was made.

you all want to fire the guy who coached them to the big ten championship last year. it's called a down year, injuries, guys going pro, kids having to play who aren't quite ready for the level,give him a break and see what happens next year, he is a good coach and i believe a few years ago he donated like a mil to the athletic fund, i get it's like year 6 but things don't happen overnight. PATIENCE is a must.

Based on what exactly?

Who then proceeded to lose to Yale and Holy Cross in regional play. But, I’m sure when Erstad was hired if I said after six years he would have produced one regional win over Binghamption, one league title, and zero Big Ten tournament titles people would have laughed and said I was crazy. That’s of course barring a major turnaround this year. Hang your hate on last year all you want. When it mattered most the team flamed out which is pretty typical of Erstad to this point.

You didn't mention us going 2 and Q and being the first team out of the B1G tournament. That angered me as much as the Regional FAIL. And now we're looking at not making the tournament at all. That should make for some real excitement in Omaha this year.

Looks like Moos has shot down all you Erstad haters. at least that is why Mr. Moos makes the dough he makes, he knows what to do with what he has.

Moos did what he had to do if he was keeping Erstad. Nothing more nothing less. Moos did not say Erstad was his coach for any time past next season.

The amount of money Erstad has given to the university should have no bearing on his job status. That line of thinking is one of the few reasons his hiring was bogus in the first place. Whether he can turn it around in the future(if he’s still here) remains to be seen but he has been mediocre at best ever since he blew smoke up everybody’s ass at his hiring PC.
I agree with the sentiment about the money. That isn't the point. I just think it's wrong for a supposed Husker fan to publicly bash Erstad on a message board. Moos is going to deal with the issues. I think it's chicken shit to call for the head of one of our own on a message board. Put your name and phone number on it if you want to call for a guy like Erstad's head. He knows their performance isn't acceptable. Moos knows it too.

I know it's raining, but I think it's a sign of how far things have fallen for both programs. There are maybe 1000 people at the Nebraska Creighton game. I remember in the mid 2000's when that game would be played at Rosenblatt and they'd get 15k people.

I agree with the sentiment about the money. That isn't the point. I just think it's wrong for a supposed Husker fan to publicly bash Erstad on a message board. Moos is going to deal with the issues. I think it's chicken shit to call for the head of one of our own on a message board. Put your name and phone number on it if you want to call for a guy like Erstad's head. He knows their performance isn't acceptable. Moos knows it too.
I think just about everybody knows Erstad isn’t getting fired. But, that’s shouldn’t stop people from voicing their opinion on a Husker board or hoping like hell Erstad comes to the realization he is a mediocre college baseball coach.

You didn't mention us going 2 and Q and being the first team out of the B1G tournament. That angered me as much as the Regional FAIL. And now we're looking at not making the tournament at all. That should make for some real excitement in Omaha this year.
Before somebody else points out that Nebraska beat Purdue last year and was in fact 1-2 in the B1G Tourney: Erstad's still underachieving.

I feel like the Huskers kinda got hosed in the 8th. Hagge takes Ball 4 about 3-4 inches off the plate, doesn't get the call, then grounds into a DP ahead of Schreiber's HR. No guarantee, of course, that Schreiber goes deep if the bases were loaded, but the GIDP was huge in that inning.

Before somebody else points out that Nebraska beat Purdue last year and was in fact 1-2 in the B1G Tourney: Erstad's still underachieving.

Ah yes, I was thinking of the previous year when we went 0-2 in the tourney. All the post-season success just blends together after a while.

Well I was hoping the sweep over Nevada might give the team a little momentum and maybe they would make a run at 8th place, but not to be. If the fat lady hasn't sung, she's certainly warming up.

Well I was hoping the sweep over Nevada might give the team a little momentum and maybe they would make a run at 8th place, but not to be. If the fat lady hasn't sung, she's certainly warming up.

Fat ladies singing are overrated.

Well the Huskers did bounce back to take two of three from the Terps this weekend, so that pushes them up to 10th place. But Michigan State and Iowa also won today, so lots of work left in order to make the conference tournament.

Man, if someone had told me a few years ago that Nebraska and Maryland would be slugging it out for 10th place in this conference, I would have thought they were nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
Well the Huskers did bounce back to take two of three from the Terps this weekend, so that pushes them up to 10th place. But Michigan State and Iowa also won today, so lots of work left in order to make the conference tournament.

Man, if someone had told me a few of years ago that Nebraska and Maryland would be slugging it out for 10th place in this conference, I would have thought they were nuts.

Iowa won a series outside the conference...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT