ADVERTISEMENT

Since Nebraska . . .

8th Street

Walk On
Dec 1, 2009
has been thoroughly dissected, let's start on Creighton.

That super-tough Big East offense finally ran into someone who plays defense.

I know, using a Big 12 team and defense in the same thought is . . .

Reactions: baseball31ne
Creighton got a #8 seed in large part because of how they played before Krampelj tore his ACL and when Ronnie Harrell was healthy. At the end of the year, they were more of an NCAA bubble team or NIT-level team. So I wasn't too surprised to see them lose yesterday, but wasn't expecting Foster to play so poorly.

Kind of reminded me of a few years ago when Colorado got seeded because of how they played with Spencer Dinwiddie, but he got hurt about halfway through conference play. Buffs got a #8 seed and were matched against Pitt, who beat them by 40 points.

Reactions: saluno22
Good to see another Creighton thread on the Husker board. Too bad Creighton can’t support a football program so there wouldn’t be any need for these threads.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I still feel like Nova losing to Creighton down the stretch was a conference “gift” to get a struggling team into the dance.

I still feel like Nova losing to Creighton down the stretch was a conference “gift” to get a struggling team into the dance.
So did Creighton and Xavier lay down in the conference tournament to Providence for the same reason, or does your elaborate fantasy extend that far?

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedhuskerred
Creighton didn’t need Bruce to get in. They had the resume and deserved to be there. They had an RPI in the 20’s. Here’s an idea, how about Nebraska actually starts fielding decent basketball teams so that the fan base doesn’t have to be butt hurt and try to tear down the small Jesuit school up the road that is actually doing good things with their program. I won’t hide the fact that I like Creighton basketball and I wish the rest of the Nebraska fan base could be happy a local team is actually competitive in basketball rather than be jealous and petty. There’s room for both schools to succeed outside of one day a year.

Creighton didn’t need Bruce to get in. They had the resume and deserved to be there. They had an RPI in the 20’s. Here’s an idea, how about Nebraska actually starts fielding decent basketball teams so that the fan base doesn’t have to be butt hurt and try to tear down the small Jesuit school up the road that is actually doing good things with their program. I won’t hide the fact that I like Creighton basketball and I wish the rest of the Nebraska fan base could be happy a local team is actually competitive in basketball rather than be jealous and petty. There’s room for both schools to succeed outside of one day a year.
I don't really care if people like Creighton or hate Creighton - that's entirely up to them. But the lengths some people will go in order to make themselves feel better about losing to Creighton the past six years and McDermott absolutely owning Tim Miles is nothing short of hilarious.

Last edited:

So Iowa fans should root for Iowa State basketball and be happy when they are competitive?

No, I will not care about how well Creighton Basketball does, just because they are in the same state.

Reactions: gomerxx and mgbreis
So Iowa fans should root for Iowa State basketball and be happy when they are competitive?

No, I will not care about how well Creighton Basketball does, just because they are in the same state.

That's fine, but there are a lot of people that do care...in a negative way. And that I just don't get. I'd rather have an instate school succeed than pretty much anyone else, even if it's not the team I primarily root for. People on this site and in this state seem to jump on board and support local people in the spotlight doing all sorts of random things, why not act the same for athletics and support all in state teams when they aren't playing Nebraska?

I’m sorry man. It’s dumb as hell to wish fans of one school would like another school because of geographic proximity. If you like both, fine. No problem with that as long as you aren’t s-talking one over the other when they play, but to try to act like someone should support something because it’s in their same state is asinine.

I’m sorry man. It’s dumb as hell to wish fans of one school would like another school because of geographic proximity. If you like both, fine. No problem with that as long as you aren’t s-talking one over the other when they play, but to try to act like someone should support something because it’s in their same state is asinine.

People from Nebraska support things just because its "from Nebraska" all the time. Heck, that's the only reason most people support UNL athletics...or any type of sports team for that matter. The majority of Husker fans are not alumni. We support things that are close by and we have a connection to. We can agree to disagree, but the idea in and of it's self isn't stupid and people use similar logic for things all the time (Hannah Houston comes to mind as just one example).

How hard is this to understand? Nebraska and Creighton are competitors in D1 basketball. Creighton is better. I don't like them. I have no connection to the school at all. Call me butthurt or whatever clever witticism you want to come up with, but isn't that how sports work? Everyone can do as they wish, but for me there is A. My team, and B. everyone else. Don't care that Creighton is in the same state. You like them, I don't. Why is it okay for you to like them and not okay for me to not like them?

Hannah Houson. Nice comparison.

People from Nebraska support things just because its "from Nebraska" all the time. Heck, that's the only reason most people support UNL athletics...or any type of sports team for that matter. The majority of Husker fans are not alumni. We support things that are close by and we have a connection to. We can agree to disagree, but the idea in and of it's self isn't stupid and people use similar logic for things all the time (Hannah Houston comes to mind as just one example).
Supporting a individual is different than supporting an entity, whether that is a business or sports team. You can support in state products and people because you are not competing against them. Creighton and Nebraska compete for players, fan support and other sources of revenue generated through sports( primarily basketball).

Kentucky hates Louisville, Florida hates Florida State, Indiana hates Purdue, Ohio State hates Cincinnati, Wisconsin hates Marquette, Penn State hates Pittsburgh, Iowa hates Iowa State...etc..... If you like an in state team just because they are in state, cool. It's not hard to fathom why Husker fans dislike Creighton though.

Maybe Auburn and Alabama should root for each other too, maybe North Carolina and Duke can scrimmage together. Sorry to pile on but instate rivalries are some of the best. It's hard to turn off that dislike after the two have played. It goes against the competitive nature.

They are both top 10 in country in attendance. They aren’t competing for fans, both programs have them in spades. Sharing conferences and competing for conference titles is different, as one doing well directly affects the other. They compete for a few recruits but honestly I really haven’t seen many recruits come down to Crieighton vs Nebraska. And outside of one day a year, I would argue both programs doing well only helps the other in terms of RPI and national respect.

I know some on here have blind hatred and will never change their mind, and that’s fine. I don’t get it but to each their own. I’m out on this one.

Yeah...and all that is kinda dopey too, but acting like you’re some kind of pillar of righteousness because you root from things from an arbitrary geographic area is...extremely dopey. At best. Nebraska is unique in this, especially the scolding of people who are normal and don’t root for their rival to succeed. So yes. It’s stupid.

They are both top 10 in country in attendance. They aren’t competing for fans, both programs have them in spades. Sharing conferences and competing for conference titles is different, as one doing well directly affects the other. They compete for a few recruits but honestly I really haven’t seen many recruits come down to Crieighton vs Nebraska. And outside of one day a year, I would argue both programs doing well only helps the other in terms of RPI and national respect.

I know some on here have blind hatred and will never change their mind, and that’s fine. I don’t get it but to each their own. I’m out on this one.
It's not blind hatred, and it's not exclusive to Nebraska fans. People who are fans of a program won't root for another program just because they are closer than another team they don't root for.

Florida fans won't root for FSU, North Carolina won't root for Duke, Indiana won't root for Purdue and Ohio State won't root for Cincinnati just because they share a state border.

You are free to root for whoever you want, but calling out others for not agreeing with you and painting them as blind haters is stupid and narrow minded. They have their reasons for disliking Creighton.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Creighton got a #8 seed in large part because of how they played before Krampelj tore his ACL and when Ronnie Harrell was healthy. At the end of the year, they were more of an NCAA bubble team or NIT-level team. So I wasn't too surprised to see them lose yesterday, but wasn't expecting Foster to play so poorly.

Kind of reminded me of a few years ago when Colorado got seeded because of how they played with Spencer Dinwiddie, but he got hurt about halfway through conference play. Buffs got a #8 seed and were matched against Pitt, who beat them by 40 points.

Gotta be a tough loss for Foster. Wasnt KSU his former team?

I will always cheer for anything from Nebraska...Hell right now I am flipping between Creighton womens basketball, Nebraska Wesleyan basketball, and Jack Sock playing doubles tennis...Doesnt make me any less of a Husker fan just love my state

Creighton is not in Nebraska. They exist in a place to good for nebraksa, mostly transplants trying to disassociate from true Nebraskans.

KrumpleJ avg 12/8...Hegner went 12/8 last night.
K-state was without their best player as of 10 minutes before the game.

I know you Jay lovers think Coach McUses is amazing but he was, once again, out coached.

They will be lucky to win 18 games next year.

I know you Jay lovers think Coach McUses is amazing but he was, once again, out coached.

You misunderstood my point. I never said Creighton would have beaten K-State if Krampelj was healthy - I was only talking about where Creighton was seeded. As horribly as Foster played last night, I have no doubt that Creighton loses even if Krampelj had played. The game was not as close as the final score suggested.

You misunderstood my point. I never said Creighton would have beaten K-State if Krampelj was healthy - I was only talking about where Creighton was seeded. As horribly as Foster played last night, I have no doubt that Creighton loses even if Krampelj had played. The game was not as close as the final score suggested.

Yep, I agree.

Yep, I agree.
Yeah Krampelj would have helped some - Hegner wasn't filling in for him, the big Australian kid was. But it certainly wouldn't have been decisive. K-State completely shut foster down, and Creighton had no answer for that.

Your right about a lot of things. First Yes I love Creighton. I’m a Jaysker or whatever they hell you call it. Sorry some have an issue with it.

But back to your post, Yes Creighton choked. Yes they choke every year lately. Yes Creighton should have handled K-State but they didn’t.

But your wrong in thinking The Jays will be lucky to win 18 next year. That’s what they said after last year when they lost Patton & Watson. That’s what they said when Dougie McBuckets left. But Coach McDermott can actually coach. Don’t be a hateful just because Tim Miles sucks. I want Nebraska basketball to be better too. I want to NU to have a real coach and not just some dork with a clipboard.

And don’t hate on the Big East. When it’s all said and done, the Big East & the B1G will have done just fine in this tourney. Should make up 5 out of 16 in the next round. That’s not too shabby considering the love all year went to an average SEC conference who got its ass handed to it this second round. SEC Lucky to get 1 in the sweet 16. Had Zona advanced, not sure they’d have gotten that.

And hate that BS Joe Lunardi and what he does to this tournament year after year. He nut hugs ACC & SEC basketball. And let’s face it, there is only 3 total schools in those conferences worth a crap, for the most part. Duke, UNC, & UK. The rest are pretenders every year and most certainly this year. But those conferences get this perceived notion that they are good all around and when they beat up on each other’s, the computer ranks them higher. NCAA basketball RPI system is a joke. But don’t hate on Creighton for it. They deserved an NCAA bid. Beat the best team in the Nation and were robbed against Xavier, or else would have 2 wins against top 4 teams.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Your right about a lot of things. First Yes I love Creighton. I’m a Jaysker or whatever they hell you call it. Sorry some have an issue with it.

But back to your post, Yes Creighton choked. Yes they choke every year lately. Yes Creighton should have handled K-State but they didn’t.

But your wrong in thinking The Jays will be lucky to win 18 next year. That’s what they said after last year when they lost Patton & Watson. That’s what they said when Dougie McBuckets left. But Coach McDermott can actually coach. Don’t be a hateful just because Tim Miles sucks. I want Nebraska basketball to be better too. I want to NU to have a real coach and not just some dork with a clipboard.

And don’t hate on the Big East. When it’s all said and done, the Big East & the B1G will have done just fine in this tourney. Should make up 5 out of 16 in the next round. That’s not too shabby considering the love all year went to an average SEC conference who got its ass handed to it this second round. SEC Lucky to get 1 in the sweet 16. Had Zona advanced, not sure they’d have gotten that.

And hate that BS Joe Lunardi and what he does to this tournament year after year. He nut hugs ACC & SEC basketball. And let’s face it, there is only 3 total schools in those conferences worth a crap, for the most part. Duke, UNC, & UK. The rest are pretenders every year and most certainly this year. But those conferences get this perceived notion that they are good all around and when they beat up on each other’s, the computer ranks them higher. NCAA basketball RPI system is a joke. But don’t hate on Creighton for it. They deserved an NCAA bid. Beat the best team in the Nation and were robbed against Xavier, or else would have 2 wins against top 4 teams.

1. I am not a Husker basketball fan, so I don't care about Miles and the Huskers.
2. The rest of your post I didn't care about either.

'Your" OK with "Nebraskans"?

Grammer police anoying as hell.....we all know Gramur, just not a tope priority for those that are not anil.

It's a pet peeve. I don't expect people on here to write like professional writers, but using the wrong to/too/two, your/you're, there/their/they're is always more annoying than anybody playing grammar police.

Do better.

ADVERTISEMENT