ADVERTISEMENT

Sideline attire

A lot of NFL coaches wear sweat pants on the sidelines now. I don't see what the big deal is with what a coach wears.

Robert_Devaney.jpg

I agree. Suit up!

The entire coaching staff needs to immediately stop wearing the camouflage Larry the Cable Guy/Trump supporter husker hats. We need to attract recruits that shoot pistols not shotguns and that’s why all of the Florida guys are in the transfer portal. Blow chunks

I get the whole dress for success mentality, but we’re talking about football here, I wouldn’t be running out there in a three piece suite either... these coaches are going to coach how they coach weather they wear sweat pants and a t-shirt or if they’re in Khakis and a polo, or a tuxedo t-shirt. My point is, there are many things you could choose to nitpick with this staff, how they dress probably shouldn’t be one of them... I assure you how Frost dressed did not determine if we won or lost, the constant bad snaps did, the muffed punt did, the untimely penalties did, the turnover did, you know all the things we’ve been seeing for the past 8 years through three coaches that alll dressed different

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Does anyone else have an issue w/ frost looking like a complete slob on the sideline?

looks like he’s just rolled out of bed after a bender. wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.
It didn't bother me enough to really notice, but now that you bring it up, I do think it's important for any coach to dress in a way that is responsible as you have many young guys looking up to that coach.

He could certainly do much better with his attire.. I mean he wears yeezy's and such.. so I agree, not a kid anymore, he could stand to dress more like an adult and coach like one. We sure are paying him an adult wage.

I get the whole dress for success mentality, but we’re talking about football here, I wouldn’t be running out there in a three piece suite either... these coaches are going to coach how they coach weather they wear sweat pants and a t-shirt or if they’re in Khakis and a polo, or a tuxedo t-shirt. My point is, there are many things you could choose to nitpick with this staff, how they dress probably shouldn’t be one of them... I assure you how Frost dressed did not determine if we won or lost, the constant bad snaps did, the muffed punt did, the untimely penalties did, the turnover did, you know all the things we’ve been seeing for the past 8 years through three coaches that alll dressed different
I think there's something to be said to a degree of portraying how you want to perform. Like maintaining a clean work area.

As an example, I work in engineering. I can tell you exactly how a designer's work is going to look just by scanning their desk. Messy desks correlate to messy documents, organized desks to organized documents.

Our team right now lacks discipline and attention to detail. I like how when Frost took over, he made it clear everyone was essentially going to wear the same thing (shoes, socks, etc), whereas under Riley, it was a free for all (seeing Lane Hovey wearing a hoodie under his uniform made my stomach churn).

To that end, I can appreciate wanting to take it a step farther and have our coaches look more professional as well.

The entire coaching staff needs to immediately stop wearing the camouflage Larry the Cable Guy/Trump supporter husker hats. We need to attract recruits that shoot pistols not shotguns and that’s why all of the Florida guys are in the transfer portal. Blow chunks
I also agree with this, as crass as your post is haha. I know it will tick people off, but much like having alternate uniforms appeals to some players, wearing attire in this environment that more closely aligns with one end of the political spectrum or the other depending on the individual is self limiting to recruiting whether you like it or not.

As Michael Jordan responded when asked to back a black Democratic candidate, "Republicans buy sneakers, too."

< Mods, feel free to delete if this is deemed political and against board policy. My point is there is an appeal portion to recruiting and knowing your politics at least don't start an adversarial relationship is important (though not necessary to align), not to start a political argument. >

he could dress like a leprechaun and it wouldn't come close to overshadowing the abysmal performance of the team he runs out of the tunnel each gameday or the humiliation of complaining about clapping as a reason for not being able to snap the ball well into your third season

tenor.gif

lose a bit - every little thing is going to get picked apart.
win a bit - not as much. criticism, but less.
wouldnt hurt to look like hes getting paid, but id also rather he win like hes getting paid.

Maybe you should watch the NFL tomorrow and get educated about football coaches attire...
Their dress code forces them to wear NFL licensed gear. But it's their choice on whether than want to look like a slob or not. I don't care much either way, but if you show up unshaven, in a cut off hoodie or with your hat on backwards... you better win. If you look like a slob and your team plays sloppy, I think that effects your image.

As for Frost, I think his camouflage hat looks stupid. A Husker coach should wear a solid red "N" hat if you ask me. The camouflage adds nothing.

Their dress code forces them to wear NFL licensed gear. But it's their choice on whether than want to look like a slob or not. I don't care much either way, but if you show up unshaven, in a cut off hoodie or with your hat on backwards... you better win. If you look like a slob and your team plays sloppy, I think that effects your image.

As for Frost, I think his camouflage hat looks stupid. A Husker coach should wear a solid red "N" hat if you ask me. The camouflage adds nothing.

Duly noted.. But Frost doesn’t wear his hat backwards..
Did you happen to see what the Indiana football team was wearing against Maryland yesterday..

Camouflage uniforms

Duly noted.. But Frost doesn’t wear his hat backwards..
Did you happen to see what the Indiana football team was wearing against Maryland yesterday..

Camouflage uniforms
With the hat on backwards and unshaven, that was an NFL reference to Matt Patricia. Speaking of Patricia, he was also known for bitching at players for showing up late for meetings and while Patricia himself was late more often than anyone.

Reactions: scarletred
As an example, I work in engineering. I can tell you exactly how a designer's work is going to look just by scanning their desk. Messy desks correlate to messy documents, organized desks to organized documents.
Agree. One of my keys to success during my career was clean desk, clean computer, a place for everything and everything in its place. It is mind-boggling how much time people waste sorting through stacks of paper and overflowing cabinets and desk drawers trying to find stuff.

However, I don't really care what Frost wears on the sideline, but the whole sweats thing may be indicative of him coaching as "one of the guys" rather than an authoritarian figure, which may be related to all the mistakes because nobody pays the price.

Does anyone else have an issue w/ frost looking like a complete slob on the sideline?

looks like he’s just rolled out of bed after a bender. wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.
Am I the only one that couldn't tell you what Frost was wearing on the sidelines?

The only reason people care is because we suck. And when you suck everything looks bad.

I've never cared what a coach wears on the sideline. When you think about it, it's silly that basketball coaches wear suits to games. It's silly that baseball managers wear full on uniforms. I'd argue that football actually has the most appropriate attire of any of the sports when it comes to their coaching staffs.

I've never cared what a coach wears on the sideline. When you think about it, it's silly that basketball coaches wear suits to games. It's silly that baseball managers wear full on uniforms. I'd argue that football actually has the most appropriate attire of any of the sports when it comes to their coaching staffs.

Basketball head coaches are starting to not wear no tie or suits from what few games I’ve seen so far..

It is a small thing, true. But you have to admit that there is a disconnect between Frost wanting his players to be more serious and dedicated while he isn't dressed well enough to work at McDonald's.

he dresses fine when he is on the side lines.....the thing I noticed is he looks like a homeless guy when he is addressing the media afterwards...and he needs to shave that scraggly beard. Perception is reality and he doesn't put out a good look when he looks like that after a game.....just my opinion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT