Sick as a dog Today

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Haven't been sick since 2018.

Got my 2nd dose of the vaccine yesterday.

Better sick as a dog for a day or two, than have your nephew log on to tell us you dead.

Couple alleve and chicken noodle soup bub. Maybe play it off for a couple sick days if you have that luxury

LandoPower

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2018
Better sick as a dog for a day or two, than have your nephew log on to tell us you dead.

Couple alleve and chicken noodle soup bub. Maybe play it off for a couple sick days if you have that luxury
RIP to Nebyank. But pretty sure he was 65 or older.

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
You were probably exposed way before that. Studies show a 2-5 day delay from exposure to symptoms. Keep fighting and you will beat this. Did you have to go to the Hospital last weekend?

Here's the deal on me, I now think I never had it. I think I had/still have severe anxiety, and not Covid. I went to Urgent care and my lungs were clear. I do think I had a fever though but from Anxiety. I have never had Anxiety before in my life, so I was unprepared how to deal with it.
Guess I missed the update.

LightningJack

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2002
Happened to every other Co-worker in my department, they all ended up taking a sick day or two. I'm the least healthiest person in my department and the 2nd shot didn't even register with me.

Reactions: nelsonj22

LandoPower

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2018
Happened to every other Co-worker in my department, they all ended up taking a sick day or two. I'm the least healthiest person in my department and the 2nd shot didn't even register with me.
My brother got Vaccinated 2 months ago. Didn't even affect him. He is much more out of shape than me and younger.

Reactions: LightningJack

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003

I got my second dose on thursday, had a hard time pulling myself out of bed on Friday and had a sore arm, and on Saturday I was back to normal. Hopefully you just have the one bad day.

Reactions: countrybob

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I got my second dose on thursday, had a hard time pulling myself out of bed on Friday and had a sore arm, and on Saturday I was back to normal. Hopefully you just have the one bad day.
I get my 2nd tomorrow. You guys are making me a little worried.

Reactions: steinek11

LightningJack

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2002
My brother got Vaccinated 2 months ago. Didn't even affect him. He is much more out of shape than me and younger.
Everyone in my department (but me) got 2-4 weeks off of work because they had Covid or had a member of their family that had it. Our company gave us all an additional 2 weeks off on top of the normal sick pay to keep the spread down. I applaud them for this, but I didn't get the extra time off. I'm certainly glad I haven't had Covid (that I know of) just still a little RAW I guess.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Pfizer for me

I had Pfizer and didn’t feel a thing with either. I’ve heard rumors But perhaps if you had Covid you have a more substantial response to the vaccine, I have not had that supported by any data though. But maybe that here’s why and you actually did have Covid when you thought you did.

TheSeventhBrat

Administrator
Jun 26, 2003
Omaha

Got my second dose Friday. Other than a sleepless night, I had no ill effects yesterday. Today I woke up to a wicked headache and soreness in my right arm from the shoulder to my wrist. I've had chills on and off all day.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I had Pfizer and didn’t feel a thing with either. I’ve heard rumors But perhaps if you had Covid you have a more substantial response to the vaccine, I have not had that supported by any data though. But maybe that here’s why and you actually did have Covid when you thought you did.
Seems to be the general consensus. I didn't have it that I know of. My arm was slightly sore and I crashed the night after the first dose. I hadn't slept much the couple nights before either though so I figured that was the real issue.

LandoPower

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2018

I have heard that also, but truthfully I don't think I ever had the rona. But, I also have never been tested for it, at all.

Reactions: philosophusker

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
This makes sense IIRC they have said like flu vaccine, those with the strongest immune systems have the most severe reaction to the vaccine.

Basically their immune system is kicking into high and that usually isn't too fun.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007

Get ready for your T cells to pwn your arm about 24 hours after the vaccine, and your body to hate them for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim14510

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007

The whole reason why you feel crappy on the second is because your adaptive immune is ready to role. If you have never seen the pathogen (or pathogen's protein), then you only have a couple hundred or so adaptive cells that will recognize that protein. But when they have been exposed to the protein, then replicate into 100s of thousands cells. when they contract a week or two later, they still leave a higher number (10 thousands), and when you get the second dose those cells are there are ready to roll pretty quickly.

If you have been infected already, then your body has already gone from the 100s of cells to 10 thousands of cells, and those cells will still be around for months (most likely). So it is very likely you are going to have the same exact side effects with the first dose (or the single J&J). This is why there have been some studies arguing that if you have already had COVID, you prolly only need one dose of any of the vaccines.

LandoPower

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2018
Somehow, I got a cold or cold symptoms the same time as I got the 2nd dose of the Vaccine. Coincidence or not.
According to Google these symptoms do not show up after you get the Vaccine.
Symptoms are a sore throat, runny nose and ear pain.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
I got my second a couple of weeks ago, played golf that afternoon and had forgotten I’d even gotten it until I noticed some slight soreness in my arm later that evening. Never noticed even the slightest of symptoms and I’m 62.

Reactions: Jim14510

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I got my second a couple of weeks ago, played golf that afternoon and had forgotten I’d even gotten it until I noticed some slight soreness in my arm later that evening. Never noticed even the slightest of symptoms and I’m 62.
I was tired from not sleeping and arm was a little sore but otherwise I'm all good today.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
I believe it's an undisputed fact that the worse your reaction is, the more robust your immune system is. I nearly died...prayers.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
I believe it's an undisputed fact that the worse your reaction is, the more robust your immune system is. I nearly died...prayers.
I slept with my wife two nights before she knew she had it. I got a bit sniffly the third day, got tested and it came back negative. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Wanted to be done with it.

Latest posts