ADVERTISEMENT

Sibling Rivalry NE/IA

Theolddog

Jan 22, 2019
My brother is Iowa Fan me a Husker, we bet on game every year and I have been on losing end so in effort to get some coin back I proposed a bet on the team that loses first, how much do I make bet for and is it a good bet? Discuss

Both teams will probably atleast one loss on Sept 29th. So you basically will be betting on Nebraska/Colorado or Iowa/ISU.

Reactions: ssmill777
Both teams will probably atleast one loss on Sept 29th. So you basically will be betting on Nebraska/Colorado or Iowa/ISU.
I don't think CU will be very good this season. Also ISU always finds a way to lose to Iowa these days.

I'm thinking your bet comes down to whether or not NU can upset Ohio St. If that happens then Iowa would need to counter by upsetting Michigan the following week.

Reactions: husker2612
I don't think CU will be very good this season. Also ISU always finds a way to lose to Iowa these days.

I'm thinking your bet comes down to whether or not NU can upset Ohio St. If that happens then Iowa would need to counter by upsetting Michigan the following week.
It isn't his bet. He butted into the conversation again, just like he does 24/7.

Lol.. At least we’re favored in our game.. :Cool:
I was off on my dates so I’ll revise. I think Iowa’s most likely loss on the season is Oct. 5th. Nebraska’s is Sept 28th. So you’d ask yourself, does Iowa lose to ISU? Colorado is the “toughest” opponent leading up to the OSU game but I agree with you that Nebraska likely leaves that game with a win.

CU will be lucky to keep this to within 2 TDs. If they can get to 5 wins that will be a success. While Iowa has a legit shot at losing to Iowa st.

My brother is Iowa Fan me a Husker, we bet on game every year and I have been on losing end so in effort to get some coin back I proposed a bet on the team that loses first, how much do I make bet for and is it a good bet? Discuss
Tough one. Nebraska is not losing to CU, PERIOD. So take that game out of the running. Our real legit shot at losing is Ohio ST on the Sept 28. Iowa plays Iowa St the 14th and could easily lose that game. However if they don't lose to Iowa St, their for sure loss will come against Michigan. I would take Iowa to lose first, but hey its not my money.

Just beat the hell out of your brother and call it good.

Reactions: SkerInCo
My son is a Hawkeye fan, So that makes the game day rather interesting there. Not sure why he is a Hawkeye fan other then the fact I think he secretly hates me since he is also a Chargers fan as I am a Chiefs fan and he picks divisional foes to cheer for.

I give my daughter a quarter for every time Nebraska scores. She's gonna be a Husker fan one way or the other.

I was off on my dates so I’ll revise. I think Iowa’s most likely loss on the season is Oct. 5th. Nebraska’s is Sept 28th. So you’d ask yourself, does Iowa lose to ISU? Colorado is the “toughest” opponent leading up to the OSU game but I agree with you that Nebraska likely leaves that game with a win.
It be only fair if you’d bring the beer and deer jerky when Iowa loses this year

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I bet my neighbor (Iowa fan) a six pack every year... I’ve been thirsty! GBR!!!!
It’s interesting how Iowa fan can be so tame as a neighbor and so hostile on a message board. Decades of mediocrity I guess. Someone should commission a study.....I bet the brain scans of all KSU, Colorado and Iowa fans show the same degradation.

Reactions: LikeNebraska
Not defending @HAWKS4LIFE but Iowa being 5-6 at that time is likely not going to happen. Both fan bases are going to drink their koolaid, but Iowa has solid lines, slows games down and will probably be around 7-9 wins this year and could be more if they get hot. I get the hate, but they have a solid team and are currently on a win streak against us. I think we are a better team this year and a match up nightmare for them, but we actually have to prove it.

We have a Husker/Hawkeye party every year. One table full of Husker theme drinks and snacks, one table of Hawkeye theme drinks and snacks. Lots of people about half and half with team colors on. It is actually a ton of fun. I don't hate most Hawkeye fans just some of the over the top annoying ones. This is one of the games I look forward to most not only for the game but to go back to the home town and see friends I usually only see once a year.

ECgypxeW4AA4O5r

this is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in sports. worse than the colts hanging AFC championship appearance banners.

what a bunch of no count losers lmao

ECgypxeW4AA4O5r

this is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in sports. worse than the colts hanging AFC championship appearance banners.

what a bunch of no count losers lmao

Sorry, but what is wrong with putting up Bowl pennants they participate in?

Granted Nebraska wouldn’t have room for 53 of these in their indoor facility..

Sorry, but what is wrong with putting up Bowl pennants they participate in?

Granted Nebraska wouldn’t have room for 53 of these in their indoor facility..

'what a great team that was in 2015. all the way to the Taxslayer Bowl!'
- kirk ferentz, probably

Wow I opened up a can lol, to think neither team will 5 wins going into Black Friday would mean you really haven’t been paying attention.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT