ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP. Tennessee transfer violation

NCAA =
Shocked Baby GIF

Its so easy for a coach to get in contact with players. All they have to donis find a player on the team that has any history with that player and have the player reach out to the player they want. Their player let's his buddy know that his coach is interested in him. Other player reaches out to the coaches.

Reactions: Laner2
What about Iowa I believe McNamara was announced before the portal was even open. Just asking how that works

What about Iowa I believe McNamara was announced before the portal was even open. Just asking how that works
I’m guessing if the player reached out to the school first, it’s probably ok. That said, I have no idea who started the conversation, the player or the university.

Last edited:
Reactions: tzuuuu
Why do people keep acting like the NCAA has power? They have none. There is nothing they can do anymore.

Take away scholarships? Okay...so now the player just gets more NIL money if the school still wants him there.

Why do people keep acting like the NCAA has power? They have none. There is nothing they can do anymore.

Take away scholarships? Okay...so now the player just gets more NIL money if the school still wants him there.
Bowl suspensions. Scholarships are still a big deal in part because of the 4 year guarantee by major conferences. At some point they’ll figure out effective enforcement actions against the schools.

Bowl suspensions. Scholarships are still a big deal in part because of the 4 year guarantee by major conferences. At some point they’ll figure out effective enforcement actions against the schools.
B1G is the only major conf that guarantees scholarships for 4 years

B1G is the only major conf that guarantees scholarships for 4 years
From what I’ve read supposedly all power 5 conferences do now. I read lots of articles on the rules when we were discussing how Rhule was going to get to 85. I think some are just more aggressive about finding other opportunities for guys they want to process. Our new OT is a guy we should love to have but he was too much of a project for Georgia to wait on. No doubt he was told he wouldn’t play for 2 more years if at all. That can light a fire under a kid.

Reactions: king_kong_
From what I’ve read supposedly all power 5 conferences do now. I read lots of articles on the rules when we were discussing how Rhule was going to get to 85. I think some are just more aggressive about finding other opportunities for guys they want to process. Our new OT is a guy we should love to have but he was too much of a project for Georgia to wait on. No doubt he was told he wouldn’t play for 2 more years if at all. That can light a fire under a kid.
pac 12 also guarantees scholarships for 4 years, contrary to my previous statement

the football conferences (big 12, ACC, SEC) are "granted leeway" to do so, but have not come out and said it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT