ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATED: SIAP: Some young Huskers looking impressive

Omar isn’t as young but hopefully he’s back on the right track! GBR!

k2_AyT_3oDt9IqKbHUR46hvmL87WRPnMEjqqQ5NN1iUGA2nvcnVRSgODrYs8g0zIZxDfE7A

He is rotating the plate which works primarily the forearms.
Indeed, he is rotating the weight. Yes, it works the forearms which includes the larger muscles of the fingers. Purpose remains the same. Better grasp on the football.

I heard Alante Brown is a candidate for early playing time and is turning heads. Type of athlete you need in this offense.

EDIT: sorry, that was an article from last year.
No big deal. You obviously enjoy living in the past. This thread is about the future.

Reactions: bennalee
I had no idea Sevion Morrison was that big. I thought he was more of a Mo Washington, slight build. He definitely looks the part of a B1G back to go along with the ridiculous speed.

Last edited:
I had no idea Sevion Morrison was that big. I thought he was more of a Mo Washington, slight build. He definitely felt looks the part of a B1G back to go along with the ridiculous speed.

We should not be surprised at all if this kid becomes a serious stud. He's not one of those "under the radar" types.

Last edited:
We should not be surprised at all if this kid become a serious stud. He's not one of those "under the radar" types.

Right. The physical gifts are in that room. The big questions will be health and heart. If they have those, that position will be a strength.

Between Stepp, Scott, Morrison, and Ervin, there's a lot of talent and good size. Add in Johnson and Thompkins and you've got plenty of legit talent. If they can stay healthy and if they play tough, it will be a better year there.

Right. The physical gifts are in that room. The big questions will be health and heart. If they have those, that position will be a strength.

Between Stepp, Scott, Morrison, and Ervin, there's a lot of talent and good size. Add in Johnson and Thompkins and you've got plenty of legit talent. If they can stay healthy and if they play tough, it will be a better year there.
I mean how do you know all those guys are legit talents? Running back is the room with the biggest question mark. Sure it’s stocked with players but have any of them made an impact in a game or made you think this guy is a stud?

Reactions: kakdawg
I mean how do you know all those guys are legit talents? Running back is the room with the biggest question mark. Sure it’s stocked with players but have any of them made an impact in a game or made you think this guy is a stud?

That's a fair question.

First, the transfer from USC has already shown what he's got. So, yes, thankfully he has made an impact on this level. Like I said, health is a big question with him and a couple of others, as health hit the room hard last year.

With the others, it comes from their high school performances and, along with that, the recruiting rankings together with the schools that offered them. All did well in high school and I was impressed with the offers they had. For example, Ervin was offered by Georgia, Florida State, Miami, Texas, and Iowa. I think they have a good eye for talent. Scott was offered by Alabama, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, Tennessee and Utah. I respect what I've seen of Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Minnesota's ability to evaluate backs. Morrison was a high four-star offered by them.

Without question, their health and their hearts have yet to be seen. I didn't intend to be unclear about that. Several staffs of very good programs thought enough of the players to offer them. So, if they feel the talent is there, I do, too. What they can't know, and what we don't know, is what kind of fire is inside of them. That's why I wrote, "The big questions will be health and heart. If they have those, that position will be a strength."

If history has shown anything about the RB room it's that lesser rated talent can beat out higher rated backs with more going on inside the player. Ameer and Rex are two guys who showed that. Ameer chased away more highly rated guys with his work ethic and heart.

Last edited:
That's a fair question.

First, the transfer from USC has already shown what he's got. So, yes, thankfully he has made an impact on this level. Like I said, health is a big question with him and a couple of others, as health hit the room hard last year.

With the others, it comes from their high school performances and, along with that, the recruiting rankings together with the schools that offered them. All did well in high school and I was impressed with the offers they had. For example, Ervin was offered by Georgia, Florida State, Miami, Texas, and Iowa. I think they have a good eye for talent. Scott was offered by Alabama, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, Tennessee and Utah. I respect what I've seen of Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Minnesota's ability to evaluate backs. Morrison was a high four-star offered by them.

Without question, their health and their hearts have yet to be seen. I didn't intend to be unclear about that. Several staffs of very good programs thought enough of the players to offer them. So, if they feel the talent is there, I do, too. What they can't know, and what we don't know, is what kind of fire is inside of them. That's why I wrote, "The big questions will be health and heart. If they have those, that position will be a strength."

If history has shown anything about the RB room it's that lesser rated talent can beat out higher rated backs with more going on inside the player. Ameer and Rex are two guys who showed that. Ameer chased away more highly rated guys with his work ethic and heart.

Not sure that applies to Rex. He was a highly rated RB coming out of Plano I believe. Rex didn't surprise or shock anyone if you followed recruiting. He was a stud before he got to Nebraska and it wasn't a surprise to see him do what he did.

Ameer absolutely did shock some because Green and the top 100 back from Ohio(forget his name) Heard? definitively came in with more hype and accolades.

Holla

Not sure that applies to Rex. He was a highly rated RB coming out of Plano I believe. Rex didn't surprise or shock anyone if you followed recruiting. He was a stud before he got to Nebraska and it wasn't a surprise to see him do what he did.

Ameer absolutely did shock some because Green and the top 100 back from Ohio(forget his name) Heard? definitively came in with more hype and accolades.

Holla

Yeah Burkhead was the DFW HS player of the year and a Texas HS legend.

ADVERTISEMENT