ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Recruiting rankings for coaches at UNL

Interesting looking at all the old assistants on the list too, Papuchis, Beck, Warren, Norvell, Raymond...

Some dead recruiting weight, they better make up for it coaching
Not everybody has to be a star recruiter. Callahan's staff had a rep as being great recruiters. How did that work out? The key IMO is that Riley has put in place a MUCH stronger organization and is a MUCH better "closer" with recruits and parents. I can't imagine a single mom that watched Bo that would have said "yeah that's the guy I want mentoring my son for the next 4-5 years". Tom always had that going for him when he walked in a living room and IMO, Mike Riley will too.

Not everybody has to be a star recruiter. Callahan's staff had a rep as being great recruiters. How did that work out?

They couldn't coach, but they got some players. The question is "are we recruiting well enough", not "how good is the coaching". My thoughts are maybe NU+Riley is not pretty enough to land some big time recruits before the season has even started. It's July, we have to wait to see how everything plays out.

They couldn't coach, but they got some players. The question is "are we recruiting well enough", not "how good is the coaching". My thoughts are maybe NU+Riley is not pretty enough to land some big time recruits before the season has even started. It's July, we have to wait to see how everything plays out.

Need to toss this whole year out when it comes to recruiting rankings. Recruiting is about relationships over time. Next year is when we should really start to take notice. If our guys are in the 70's and 80's at that point then we will have a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT