ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP- Malachi Coleman Reopens Commitment

Dallas Buyers’ Club? Really?

Just sayin. There are plenty of boosters ready to pull the plug over this hire, over specifically the last three hires. I’m one of many. Riley and HCSF consistently recruited mediocre classes, and have had consistently mediocre results. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that our win % has been reflective of our Talent? What am I missing?
Hysterical drama queen in the house.

No we don’t. This is more about Ruehl than Mickey, IMHO. Or both. Same comment though… bad start to Ruehl’s attempt to put together a recruiting class. If this guy is worth a shit, is he’s worth even a FRACTION of that ridiculous contract, it’d better be STELLAR by February.

He immediately lost our most talented recruit. Bad start. Really bad start, and a really bad omen….
Ho Lee fuk.

Dallas Buyers’ Club? Really?

Just sayin. There are plenty of boosters ready to pull the plug over this hire, over specifically the last three hires. I’m one of many. Riley and HCSF consistently recruited mediocre classes, and have had consistently mediocre results. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that our win % has been reflective of our Talent? What am I missing?
I think you should pull your money. Send Trev a strongly worded email and tell him you're done.

I'm sure that will really shake him up.

Truthfully, the more "boosters" that hate this hire makes feel that much better about it.

Last edited:
We've been focusing on winning the recruiting game and NU has done well there, at least according the the service rankings. Whatever was going on in practice and the training facilities after they got to Lincoln hasn't worked.
100%, this is why I am excited about Rhule. I think our recruiting will be about the same, but hopefully he develops the shit out of guys and will recruit the right guys and not just because they have 4 stars. He seems to have an eye for the correct talent.

Reactions: BleedRed78
100%, this is why I am excited about Rhule. I think our recruiting will be about the same, but hopefully he develops the shit out of guys and will recruit the right guys and not just because they have 4 stars. He seems to have an eye for the correct talent.
The prior staff seemed to have a knack for attracting blue chips who were busts.

tZQUxZu.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
I think you should pull your money. Send Trev a strongly worded email and tell him you're done.

I'm sure that will really shake him up.

Truthfully, the more "boosters" that hate this hire makes feel that much better about it.
never expect anyone to give a shit about what I do, was just putting out there that there's a sizable % of folks just from personal observation (completely circumstantial) who do NOT like this hire, and much less than w/ even HCSF. It's a chilly as it was with Riley. They all have/had roughly the same pedigree, same story of 'developing players'... just feels like we're being setup for more of the same mediocrity. Don't see really anything in this guy's resume which indicates he'll have any level of consistent success in the Big10, recruiting from Nebraska.

And this isn't a hysterical conversation, it's at most a business decision, NOT throwing 10K a year into what for all purposes appears to be a program destined for the same mediocrity.

Mostly, I honestly wanna know why people ARE optimistic about this hire. Other than 'he's turned around a couple programs and has a history of developing 3-Star talent). Said the same about our last two coaches. What makes Ruehl so different?

• Haha
@Tetonia who should Trev had hired?
would have started with someone with a history of consistent attracting elite talent. If you counter with 'this is the best we could have done', that's honestly a great answer I could wrap my head around.

This guy's history is developing mostly 3-star players in conferences that we've all seen where that can actually work well (before they get demolished by the SEC team loaded with more talent).

Tell me which team in the Big10 has consistently won with 3-star talent. Honest question.

never expect anyone to give a shit about what I do, was just putting out there that there's a sizable % of folks just from personal observation (completely circumstantial) who do NOT like this hire, and much less than w/ even HCSF. It's a chilly as it was with Riley. They all have/had roughly the same pedigree, same story of 'developing players'... just feels like we're being setup for more of the same mediocrity. Don't see really anything in this guy's resume which indicates he'll have any level of consistent success in the Big10, recruiting from Nebraska.

And this isn't a hysterical conversation, it's at most a business decision, NOT throwing 10K a year into what for all purposes appears to be a program destined for the same mediocrity.

Mostly, I honestly wanna know why people ARE optimistic about this hire. Other than 'he's turned around a couple programs and has a history of developing 3-Star talent). Said the same about our last two coaches. What makes Ruehl so different?
Then you're not paying attention or know college football.

would have started with someone with a history of consistent attracting elite talent. If you counter with 'this is the best we could have done', that's honestly a great answer I could wrap my head around.

This guy's history is developing mostly 3-star players in conferences that we've all seen where that can actually work well (before they get demolished by the SEC team loaded with more talent).

Tell me which team in the Big10 has consistently won with 3-star talent. Honest question.
Northwestern won the West what, twice in like three or four years with more like two start talent. Of course we wanna win the B1G, but winning the West is a start. So long as it stays for another year or so anyway.

Do you mean other than Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa?

Which SEC team demolished Baylor?

Mostly, I honestly wanna know why people ARE optimistic about this hire
1. Honestly, it beats the alternative of being pessimistic and miserable.

2. He has made chicken salad out of chicken shit at 2 completely different programs in different regions of the country.

3. The college football play-off is expanding to 12 teams and that's gonna change the landscape of college football. The teams that get most of the top talent are still gonna occupy the top bracket spots, but programs that can develop 3 star and low 4 star players into NFL prospects are gonna capture a lot of those at large bids. Husker fans should feel pretty good about since Rhule has a reputation as a coach that does just that.

JMO, but I just don't see the need to believe the sky is falling. Mostly because it's not.

NU's problem has not been talent, it has been developing talent. Also, much of the 4* and up talent is no longer on the roster (14/25 kids from 2019-2021) and a good chunk of the kids were busts. So lack of development plus mediocre evaluation (at best) of recruits. It seems Frost and Co could sniff out recruiting misses like a truffle pig.
I'm willing to try a guy who has a proven record of getting kids to play above their recruiting eval.

To be fair, he probably thought he was till he decided to be a ****ing ass hat. (Yes I know we don't know the whole story, but my point still stands)
As I told a long time Jewish friend “it’s a good thing Jesus died for my sins because there’s no way I could be perfect like you”. 😉. I don’t think there’s enough rams for me to sacrifice to cover for my bad behavior.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT