ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Lubick hired

Not exactly the resume I'd look for in anew hire.
But he’s a friend of Frost.
Oh c'mon man. Enough with that "You must be a fan of another team bullsh*t". I'm not even responding to that anymore.

If Frost comes out and misses yet another bowl game in year 3 of his tenure, I can almost guarantee you he will get fired, and we'll hire someone else like an Urban Meyer, P. J Fleck, Brent Venables, or somebody who either has already or can figure things out.
I'll take that bet.

Oh c'mon man. Enough with that "You must be a fan of another team bullsh*t". I'm not even responding to that anymore.

If Frost comes out and misses yet another bowl game in year 3 of his tenure, I can almost guarantee you he will get fired, and we'll hire someone else like an Urban Meyer, P. J Fleck, Brent Venables, or somebody who either has already or can figure things out.
quite the range of coaches there lol

Reactions: headcard

I don't think you know what you feel you know, and your feelings don't deserve much of a response, as they sound to emotional, or, if not, destructive, like a fan from another team.

This coming year will be what it'll be, but no matter what, SF is not getting fired.
You can feel however you like, no one wants to stop you, but when you're wrong, it will get pointed out.

You see? You're not being strong. Either you're not a fan, or being weak, letting your emotions control what the rest of us know to you being wrong.
SF won't be fired next year, no matter how you feel, no matter what your motives are, and the fan base knows this, and is why I call you in question as being a real fan

You see? You're not being strong. Either you're not a fan, or being weak, letting your emotions control what the rest of us know to you being wrong.
SF won't be fired next year, no matter how you feel, no matter what your motives are, and the fan base knows this, and is why I call you in question as being a real fan

I just got one question:

Are you telling me, that despite the fact we just fired a coach for missing one bowl game in year 3, that you'd be content to keep a coach that misses 3 bowl games in a row? Yes or no.

The thing I kind of read about him, literally and between the lines, is the guy got burnt out on coaching when he moved to U-dub. Notice the time off from coaching. Apparently had a lot of personal issues and problems he needed to work out. Hopefully his time out gave him a fresh awakening.

I hope so, too. But the fact that he said he still hopes to spend as much time at his home in Colorado as possible, makes me wonder how much effort he will put into recruiting. Washington fans said he got lazy with recruiting his last year there.

I don't think you know what you feel you know, and your feelings don't deserve much of a response, as they sound to emotional, or, if not, destructive, like a fan from another team.

This coming year will be what it'll be, but no matter what, SF is not getting fired.
You can feel however you like, no one wants to stop you, but when you're wrong, it will get pointed out.

I get it now. You're the one trolling. Only a person who's not a fan of Nebraska would say some stuff like "We're keeping a coach who misses 3 bowl games in a row no matter what" Why? So you as an Iowa fan can cheer "Yes! Please keep him! Give him 5 more years!" because I can tell you with certainly that's exactly what their type of fan(s) would say if that happened with Frost in year 3. And hell no we wouldn't keep him. Hell, if he was ANY other coach right now than Scott Frost, then he would have definitely been fired just in year 2 for that last bowl-less season we just missed 2 years under his tenure. THAT was his mercy year because of his name and who he is to us. But obviously that grace and mercy will run out in year 3 as we have some of the most impatient fans in college football that have never tolerated a coach missing 3 bowl-games in a row. EVER!

This comment guarantees you are not a Nebraska fan. Every single Neb fans, like it or not, knows with 100% certainty Frost will not be fired no matter what the record says next year. Guarantee. Head back to the Iowa board troll.

I just got one question:

Are you telling me, that despite the fact we just fired a coach for missing one bowl game in year 3, that you'd be content to keep a coach that misses 3 bowl games in a row? Yes or no.
There is no simple answer, that's your problem, not mine.

My answer is, knowing we have 40 freshmen coming in this year, 16 of them 4 stars, some redshirts, some not, its still too early, as you read the 2017 post on here, you'd know only four are contributors from that class ,with two being starters.
Now, you certainly can see, only two starters per class means eight starters, so, theres a huge imbalance on this team.
Now, knowing this info, I want to know what the hell? Why?
We need go no further than you're mindset, fire the coach, well, we did, that class came apart, left no time for a true recruiting class, as the new early signing date hurts any late coaching changes even more than it did.
So, the 2018 class was somewhat thrown together, and, we have few starters from that class as well.

Now again, tell us, should we do this so cavalierly as you propose, yes or no, and careful here, you're heading into no fan land with the wrong answer

Oh, and as Ive made it habit
Getting Lubick is on track for better scheming and a overall better scheme fit between the OC, Lubick, and SF.
This will help in practice and in game as well.

My habit has been, everytime a poster gets the OP off track, I throw in with the potential and forwards moving the staff is getting this team, or, how good a player is, and his potential, as we've had several threads highjacked with nonsense

I get it now. You're the one trolling. Only a person who's not a fan of Nebraska would say some stuff like "We're keeping a coach who misses 3 bowl games in a row no matter what" Why? So you as an Iowa fan can cheer "Yes! Please keep him! Give him 5 more years!" because I can tell you with certainly that's exactly what their type of fan(s) would say if that happened with Frost in year 3. And hell no we wouldn't keep him. Hell, if he was ANY other coach right now than Scott Frost, then he would have definitely been fired just in year 2 for that last bowl-less season we just missed 2 years under his tenure. THAT was his mercy year because of his name and who he is to us. But obviously that grace and mercy will run out in year 3 as we have some of the most impatient fans in college football that have never tolerated a coach missing 3 bowl-games in a row. EVER!
d99.png

Phonies don't do logic, sometimes facts, if they've got a dumb enough audience to not recognize when they twist them.
It's a fact, SF will not be fired next year. It has nothing to do with how any one of us 'feels'

We just got a decent OC who's going to mesh well with the signal caller, move wrs into places where they'll win, and technique them to get them to win.

Phonies don't do logic, sometimes facts, if they've got a dumb enough audience to not recognize when they twist them.
It's a fact, SF will not be fired next year. It has nothing to do with how any one of us 'feels'

Dude you don't know how you gone feel if Frost comes out next season and not only misses another bowl game but also regresses in win total. So just stop. I can tell you how the rest of us would feel though.... Restless.

And you know what THAT feeling would urge us to do? Make changes. And you know where some of those changes could be? This staff, these players, and I don't know maybe even... the HEAD freaking COACH!

So hold off with that "we won't fire Frost no matter what" mindset. We don't know what's going to happen in 2020. If he makes a bowl game (which is my prediction), then he's safe. If less than that, then the chances he gets canned by Moos for a replacement goes up to at least I'd say 75-80% because then you have to wonder "What direction are we headed under him if there's this many seasons without a bowl game under him?"

I know his first recruiting class was a bust in which most of it or over half of it could not be put to used and got dismissed, but not for reasons you've said. Now that I think of it I'm actually not that mad at him for his lack of year 2 growth since he has a GREAT excuse of the reason why which was because he too busy making UCF a perfect unprecedented 13-0 in 2 years after them previously being winless 2 years before that he didn't carefully evaluate the players he brought onto Nebraska in his first year. Therefore, Frost did not know the integrity, morals, grades, and even actual real talent level of his first year's recruits. This is where we've seen multiple players getting busted for weed, rape, bad grades, being a bust in talent, etc that were all supposed to be big time contributors in this past season but it didn't happen. I swear I'm not mad at that because I really loved seeing Frost make UCF winless to perfect in 2 years for the first time in CFB history capped off with a Natty that goes down on Frost's resume which is literally allowing him to recruit so well for Nebraska right now.

But (and throw a BIIIIG "But" in it) he MUST at least make a bowl game in year 3 of his tenure. Over 75% of the roster will be his by then and although that previous excuse was veeerry valid for the lack of year 2 jump we've seen, he won't have that excuse in year 3 again with 75% of the roster now being his. So I'm not that mad at him for that lack of year 2 jump, but in year 3 there are no excuses. You can not blame the last coaching staff or any careless moves you did as a staff before you got here for 3 long years of quality recruiting and development. My expectations are not high and they are very reasonable, but make no mistake about it, if you can't at least make a bowl game in year 3 there is something seriously SERIIIIOOUSLYY wrong with your philosophy as a head coach.

Last edited:
Dude you don't know how you gone feel if Frost comes out next season and not only misses another bowl game but also regresses in win total. So just stop. I can tell you how the rest of us would feel though.... Restless.

And you know what THAT feeling would urge us to do? Make changes. And you know where some of those changes could be? This staff, these players, and I don't know maybe even... the HEAD freaking COACH!

So hold off with that "we won't fire Frost no matter what" mindset. We don't know what's going to happen in 2020. If he makes a bowl game (which is my prediction), then he's safe. If less than that, then the chances he gets canned by Moos for a replacement goes up to at least I'd say 75-80% because then you have to wonder "What direction are we headed under him if there's this many seasons without a bowl game under him?"

I know his first recruiting class was a bust in which most of it or over half of it could not be put to used and got dismissed, but not for reasons you've said. Now that I think of it I'm actually not that mad at him for his lack of year 2 growth since he has a GREAT excuse of the reason why which was because he too busy making UCF a perfect unprecedented 13-0 in 2 years after them previously being winless 2 years before that he didn't carefully evaluate the players he brought onto Nebraska in his first year. Therefore, Frost did not know the integrity, morals, grades, and even actual real talent level of his first year's recruits. This is where we've seen multiple players getting busted for weed, rape, bad grades, being a bust in talent, etc that were all supposed to be big time contributors in this past season but it didn't happen. I swear I'm not mad at that because I really loved seeing Frost make UCF winless to perfect in 2 years for the first time in CFB history capped off with a Natty that goes down on Frost's resume which is literally allowing him to recruit so well for Nebraska right now.

But (and throw a BIIIIG "But" in it) he MUST at least make a bowl game in year 3 of his tenure. Over 75% of the roster will be his by then and although that previous excuse was veeerry valid for the lack of year 2 jump we've seen, he won't have that excuse in year 3 again with 75% of the roster now being his. So I'm not that mad at him for that lack of year 2 jump, but in year 3 there are no excuses. You can not blame the last coaching staff or any careless moves you did as a staff before you got here for 3 long years of quality recruiting and development. My expectations are not high and they are very reasonable, but make no mistake about it, if you can't at least make a bowl game in year 3 there is something seriously SERIIIIOOUSLYY wrong with your philosophy as a head coach.
You realize I hope that nobody is actually going to read your post? I sure didn't.

Wow do you actually read what you post lmao

For those of you who can't read, you obviously shouldn't respond to those post you can't interpret.

It's true, though. He changed jobs 3 times in 3 months:

I think we better get used to coaching turnover. The one thing you can't overlook or take for granted is a guy that has impossible energy while recruiting. Coaching is WAYYYYY overrated, and is the easiest part of the job. If you have a gamer then technique and tactics looks really good...if you have an average player then they get beat half the time regardless. Recruiting at Nebraska is a nightmare. Fans are stalking kids, harassing them...fans are stalking coaches, wanting them constantly fired, and you have to travel thousands of miles to get the best talent, from coast to coast to coast to canada. And there is a 10% chance the kids will visit during decent weather and for a decent game. There is a 100% chance that our two "firings" were due to lack of energy and effectiveness in recruiting. Part due to illness and part due to lack of motivation and preference. Some coaches want to coach, and gameplan and do not want to be on the road, watching film, pandering to 15 or 16 year olds.

I think we better get used to coaching turnover. The one thing you can't overlook or take for granted is a guy that has impossible energy while recruiting. Coaching is WAYYYYY overrated, and is the easiest part of the job. If you have a gamer then technique and tactics looks really good...if you have an average player then they get beat half the time regardless. Recruiting at Nebraska is a nightmare. Fans are stalking kids, harassing them...fans are stalking coaches, wanting them constantly fired, and you have to travel thousands of miles to get the best talent, from coast to coast to coast to canada. And there is a 10% chance the kids will visit during decent weather and for a decent game. There is a 100% chance that our two "firings" were due to lack of energy and effectiveness in recruiting. Part due to illness and part due to lack of motivation and preference. Some coaches want to coach, and gameplan and do not want to be on the road, watching film, pandering to 15 or 16 year olds.
I think just the opposite can be said. Recruiting really isn't that hard. Just building relationships with players and coaches is easy for some people. Coaching has a more direct impact than recruiting imo. Great coaching can turn average talent into good players and good talent into great players. Meanwhile poor coaching can turn good talent into below average players.

Nebraska is going to a bowl next season. Why is it a huge stretch to believe that? That's not me saying Nebraska will be a great team, it's just not that hard. Give us a competent place kicker this year and we would've made it.

I think just the opposite can be said. Recruiting really isn't that hard. Just building relationships with players and coaches is easy for some people. Coaching has a more direct impact than recruiting imo. Great coaching can turn average talent into good players and good talent into great players. Meanwhile poor coaching can turn good talent into below average players.
They are both essential and it is hard to find guys that excel at both. Coaching is teaching and recruiting is sales, takes a special person to excel at both. Throw in the PR responsibilities, dealing with 18-22 year olds, media, fans, ect. it's hard to find coaches that check all the boxes needed to win big.

Helfrich conceivably could still come as an analyst. Sincerely doubt he would have taken the WR/OC job and not been able to call the plays. Brady had one year as a passing game coordinator and LSU was his alma mater. Do you really think he was going to come to NU to coach WRs and be the OC who didn't call plays when he had several NFL teams hotly pursuing him to be their OC?
LSU isn’t his Alma mater...

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is what Wikipedia has about Brady. I know some people don't like Wikipedia, but I checked the Panthers website and they listed William and Mary too

Brady spent four years as a wide receiver for the William & Mary Tribe from 2009–2012. As a junior, he appeared in all 11 games, recording one reception for 13 yards in the win at VMI. As a senior, Brady appeared in 10 games and earned a start against Richmond. He was also chosen to the CAA Academic All-Conference team for the second consecutive season.[2][4][5]
Ensminger is the LSU alum.

Reactions: dinglefritz
THe opposite can be said but can't be proven. The evidence lies in the fact that the championship teams have the biggest, strongest, fastest players at the most positions...there are a ton of great coaches in college football...but only one every year is crowned a champion. To think that the winning team has the best coaches is a complete lie. Coach O has been fired many times and couldn't get the job done over and over and over...but with the right recruiting, players, and a sprinkle of coaching...ie...system...he is a champion.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
THe opposite can be said but can't be proven. The evidence lies in the fact that the championship teams have the biggest, strongest, fastest players at the most positions...there are a ton of great coaches in college football...but only one every year is crowned a champion. To think that the winning team has the best coaches is a complete lie. Coach O has been fired many times and couldn't get the job done over and over and over...but with the right recruiting, players, and a sprinkle of coaching...ie...system...he is a champion.
LSU had one of the best assistant coaching staffs in the country. They really didn't need a great head coach. Aranda was one of the highest paid DC's in the country. Joe Brady is a brilliant young coach who LSU was able to catch lightning in a bottle with. The rest of their staff is solid across the board. I wouldn't say Dabo Swinney is a great coach himself. But he surrounded himself with great assistants and that's why he's had so much success. It's not just about having the biggest, fastest athletes. Those athletes also need to be well coached. Elite teams almost always have great coaching as well.

Reactions: Wasker77
In his 25 year career, he's never been on the staff when a kid he recruited to a school graduated.
While I think this is kind of a meaningless tidbit, I don’t know how you would possibly know this,
for sure. He was on the staff at Colorado State for four years and on the staff at Oregon four years. Are you sure no one he recruited his first year at either school graduated in four years?

Last edited:
Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT