ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Lubick hired

Well.....that was fast! Not sure how I feel about always hiring your friends tho. Not sure what program that has been working for that has had alot of RECENT success. HOPE it works out tho.....

Well.....that was fast! Not sure how I feel about always hiring your friends tho. Not sure what program that has been working for that has had alot of RECENT success. HOPE it works out tho.....
The key that Frost and he worked well together and had a lot of success offensively working together. I don't think he was a great fit for what Peterson wanted to do on offense.

Well, that didn't take long once Walters was given the boot. No doubt the recruit visits this weekend forced the announcement timing.

Now we need Snyder to hired as the Special Teams analyst. Of course that timing isn't being forced by recruiting visits.
RedCap, a question for you: are the coaches leaving to "save" their resume (because of our poor record), or are our coaches being processed because of mediocre performances?

Reactions: mrkatz
Well, that didn't take long once Walters was given the boot. No doubt the recruit visits this weekend forced the announcement timing.

Now we need Snyder to hired as the Special Teams analyst. Of course that timing isn't being forced by recruiting visits.
We've still got that reported ad for an "offensive analyst" hanging out there too. Helfrich come on down.

So “within 24 hours” Walters decides to step down then Lubick is contacted, talks to wife about job, contract negotiated, and introduced. I’m going to go out on a limb and say this has been in the works for longer than a day.
The only surprising thing about it is that Walters wasn't named as a new coach somewhere else before it was announced that he wasn't going to be here anymore. Makes you question what the dynamic was between frost and Walters over the last couple of weeks.

The only surprising thing about it is that Walters wasn't named as a new coach somewhere else before it was announced that he wasn't going to be here anymore. Makes you question what the dynamic was between frost and Walters over the last couple of weeks.
It seems that the leaked story about Walters leaving forced NU to announce it before they wanted to. Walters no doubt has some other options and NU probably wanted to wait to announce him leaving until that was a done deal. The timeline sure makes it seem VERY likely that Sipple was correct that the Mickey Joseph story was not true.

Reactions: Gerard10
It seems that the leaked story about Walters leaving forced NU to announce it before they wanted to. Walters no doubt has some other options and NU probably wanted to wait to announce him leaving until that was a done deal. The timeline sure makes it seem VERY likely that Sipple was correct that the Mickey Joseph story was not true.

I miss the days when we knew who the insiders were, both in the media and on the boards. Now it's basically a 50/50 proposition so anything is possible even if it comes from a random poster or reddit user.

RedCap, a question for you: are the coaches leaving to "save" their resume (because of our poor record), or are our coaches being processed because of mediocre performances?
Well only Frost could answer that question for sure. However the way it all unfolded, I'd say Frost pushed them out because he was not satisfied with their performance last year. JMO, but clearly the offense and for sure the special team performance was not up to expectations.

Reactions: ssmill777
Well only Frost could answer that question for sure. However the way it all unfolded, I'd say Frost pushed them out because he was not satisfied with their performance last year. JMO, but clearly the offense and for sure the special team performance was not up to expectations.
It's tough to assume anything about them leaving. Clearly DeWitt had a longer relationship with the DC who hired him at NC than he did with Frost. Walters has made no secret about his career aspirations and working as an OC where he doesn't call plays doesn't help that goal. IMO, both guys did what they felt was best for their careers. I don't believe that Walters was forced out.

It's tough to assume anything about them leaving. Clearly DeWitt had a longer relationship with the DC who hired him at NC than he did with Frost. Walters has made no secret about his career aspirations and working as an OC where he doesn't call plays doesn't help that goal. IMO, both guys did what they felt was best for their careers. I don't believe that Walters was forced out.
Well we have to disagree on Walters. When the announcement said it was by MUTUAL agreement and the guy leaving has no other new job yet that's about as clear as it will get. I wasn't to sure on Jovan until it was clear that Walters was let go. That signaled to me that Frost wasn't afraid of dumping guys who were under performing.

I would guess Frost told both of them to be looking for a new job. Jovan found one before firing became necessary. But Walters hadn't found one yet when the recruiting events forced Frost's timing. Regardless, I think both coaches will be fine with new jobs. And Frost will have upgraded his staff.

So “within 24 hours” Walters decides to step down then Lubick is contacted, talks to wife about job, contract negotiated, and introduced. I’m going to go out on a limb and say this has been in the works for longer than a day.

More like at least a week to 10 days..

Well we have to disagree on Walters. When the announcement said it was by MUTUAL agreement and the guy leaving has no other new job yet that's about as clear as it will get. I wasn't to sure on Jovan until it was clear that Walters was let go. That signaled to me that Frost wasn't afraid of dumping guys who were under performing.

I would guess Frost told both of them to be looking for a new job. Jovan found one before firing became necessary. But Walters hadn't found one yet when the recruiting events forced Frost's timing. Regardless, I think both coaches will be fine with new jobs. And Frost will have upgraded his staff.
I don't think we're really disagreeing. I can see a scenario where they do their evaluations and Walters says "I want to call plays" Frost replies "that isn't going to happen" so they mutually decide to end the situation. I don't know if that would be considered running him off. IMO, Walters really needed to leave if he wants to climb the ladder. Walters had one foot out the door before he ever even got here. It's probably good for both that he's moving on. Good guy. Professional in how he did his job and is leaving.

Kind of reminds me of our feelings about Bob Diaco when Purdue hired him. The general feeling outside of our fanbase(and even from some in our fanbase) was that the one year he spent here was an anomaly and it was a good hire by Purdue. I don't see why the same thing can't be true here too. Not every coach is a good fit in every place. Sometimes coaches do better when they're with people they're familiar with too. I'm not concerned with what their fans think.

Reactions: baseball31ne
We should feel good about this, right?

Idk much about the guy.
Great recruiter, has the Oregon knowledge, has been a passing coordinator, OC, and of course wr coach.
He's good, will fit right in, better than Helfrich in that Helfrich was always top guy behind Kelly.

This is a better fit than Walters, and an improved recruiter. Plus, his area needed bolstering on the offensive side out west.

Remember a week or so ago we had some recruits saying stuff about Huskies....... guess some people knew awhile ago.

I think we have enough posters with their panties in a wad on this board without going out and finding some internet experts from Udub's board. Frost worked with him. He knows his capabilities. He'll be fine.
Hope so

Not sure why people are saying Lubick is a bad recruiter. I went through the years he was at ASU, Oregon, and Washington, and he recruited and landed a bunch of 4 star top 200, top 150, and top 100 players, and even a 5 star.

Not sure why people are saying Lubick is a bad recruiter. I went through the years he was at ASU, Oregon, and Washington, and he recruited and landed a bunch of 4 star top 200, top 150, and top 100 players, and even a 5 star.

Looks like some UW fans are upset on the development piece. I think some of that had to do with Peterson losing motivation this last year. Don't know how lubick "ruined their wr room"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT