ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP...I don't think I saw it if it was. Yardbarker coaching hires ranked

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006

1 - Matt Rhule, Nebraska​

This is a great hire for Nebraska. The Cornhuskers program has been teetering for two decades and has been nearly irrelevant since joining the Big Ten in 2011. They are coming off their 6th straight losing season (7th in 8 years) and are light years away from their heyday of the 1990s. Rhule has resurrected programs at Temple and Baylor, so the hope is he can do the same in Lincoln. He is an enthusiastic guy who is willing to sell his program -- but remember that his first season at both places were rebuilding years (2-10 at Temple; 1-11 at Baylor) before the program took off. Also, he's not known to stick around for long ... but that may not be an issue at Nebraska, where he could build the Huskers back to a last job kind of program, and his shine from the NFL may be gone after his poor showing with the Carolina Panthers

2-Fickell
3-Prime
4-Freeze
5-Brohm

There's a lot of coaches I wanted at Nebraska this dudes list.

I'm gonna say he's a genius haha we'll see

Reactions: headcard

1 - Matt Rhule, Nebraska​

This is a great hire for Nebraska. The Cornhuskers program has been teetering for two decades and has been nearly irrelevant since joining the Big Ten in 2011. They are coming off their 6th straight losing season (7th in 8 years) and are light years away from their heyday of the 1990s. Rhule has resurrected programs at Temple and Baylor, so the hope is he can do the same in Lincoln. He is an enthusiastic guy who is willing to sell his program -- but remember that his first season at both places were rebuilding years (2-10 at Temple; 1-11 at Baylor) before the program took off. Also, he's not known to stick around for long ... but that may not be an issue at Nebraska, where he could build the Huskers back to a last job kind of program, and his shine from the NFL may be gone after his poor showing with the Carolina Panthers

2-Fickell
3-Prime
4-Freeze
5-Brohm
Trev got the right guy

Deon is a jackass and gonna end up just as bad as Frost was. Mark it down!

Reactions: Dylman
How do you know this?
You have to go back and follow the timelines and the various interviews to put 2 and 2 together. There is no doubt IMO that Fickell was next up if they couldn’t get past the issues with Carolina.

As far as Fickell being a doofus goes it’s just from watching him coach and his press interviews. I kept waiting for him to go full Forrest Gump and say “I am not a smart man”.

• Haha
Reactions: MissoulaHusker
Not pure speculation. Educated opinion. Trev is smarter than to be completely ignoring other options while fighting with Carolina. I’m a person who uses logic. Fickell being #2 on the list is both extremely logical and likely.
In other words, pure speculation. Just like your speculation about Kevin Warren and Mickey Joseph.

In other words, pure speculation. Just like your speculation about Kevin Warren and Mickey Joseph.
I have no doubt that Warren wanted Nebraska to retain Mickey. That’s Warren’s modus operandi. IF you had listened to or read any of his statements during the BLM riots you would understand that. That said, I also would have loved to see Mickey go on a run and get retained.

I have no doubt that Warren wanted Nebraska to retain Mickey. That’s Warren’s modus operandi. IF you had listened to or read any of his statements during the BLM riots you would understand that. That said, I also would have loved to see Mickey go on a run and get retained.
Rhule was set to retain him but from what I heard, he wanted a 3 year contract paying 2 million a year. He wouldn't have stayed had he been reatained.

Rhule was set to retain him but from what I heard, he wanted a 3 year contract paying 2 million a year. He wouldn't have stayed had he been reatained.
I was talking about Mickey being retained as the head coach IF he had won a bunch of games.

Reactions: Wyldcard
Rhule was Choice A. Fickell may have been on speed dial, but Alberts stayed on target and closed the deal.

Rhule was Choice A. Fickell may have been on speed dial, but Alberts stayed on target and closed the deal.
I agree with this. What’s speculation is that Fickell was waiting for the Nebraska job before settling for the Wisconsin job. Maybe that’s true, but maybe it’s not. None of us on here knows.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT