ADVERTISEMENT

Siap: BIG schedule release at 7:45 am central

Don’t see Rutgers being ready to go, staring at 0-5 first 5 games w/o COVID issues in play.

Yeah that is nonsense giving Wisky a free ride.
Giving us the #1 covid team first for an away game is also messed up, even if we’ll take an ‘easier’ game.

Looking at our schedule we “need” to win 7.

It’ll be tough but needs to happen.
I think 5-5 should be our lowest expectations, 8-2 is the best, though very unlikely.

Well let's just be glad the B1G released a schedule and didn't cancel the season (at least yet). I assume it now is full steam ahead for the Nebraska Football team to begin Fall Practice on Friday. And that's good news!

Now keep your fingers crossed that some player or players don't do something stupid like going to a party and catching the Covid to spread it to the rest of the team. Players please be responsible and smart about things!
No worries. Grownup MLB players can’t be trusted but college kids surely can be.

it is pure lunacy they're not allowing players to test out of quarantine
yes this is the dumbest thing I have seen yet, and that's saying something.

this is NOT the plague. 14 day quarantine is stupid and excessive if you don't have covid.

I REALLY like what they did with scheduling overall. It sucks we have to travel to Rutgers right away...you'd think they would have to come here if we are all really worred about the rona. :rolleyes:
Other than that the schedule is set up pretty smart when you account for by weeks, starting on Sept 5, and having open dates at the end of the year for possible make up games.

But i don't know why the big ten commissioner is so adamant and being as negative as possible regarding a season. It's as if he is hoping there is no season. My goodness dude, project a positive attitude.
Get rid of this guy.

Deal lord Wisconsin got handed the easiest possible schedule! :mad:
who cares. They are the favorites and someone has to have an easy schedule, plus haven't they already played OSU a lot? We get to play Wisconsin and have a chance at beating them so that's what matters.

I just want to see wisky play their schedule. Give me football.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
it is pure lunacy they're not allowing players to test out of quarantine
No kidding! I mean, supposing we hit these kids with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just a very bright light? And what if you brought that light inside the body? Or could we do a disinfectant by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?

Reactions: TheBeav815
This schedule makes no sense. They picked both of the 2 teams that have canceled workouts due to Covid, to host home games the first week. After one of the least infected states (Nebraska) was scheduled to host first. They himmed and haughed for this long to come up with THAT...what a start. I’ll get excited when we actually take the field.

If we do get to play, that is a beautiful matchup for us to get a rhythm going early.
Yeah, that's the only thing about this schedule that I don't really like.

it makes no sense to not have rutgers on the road, whoever they play, the first 2-3 weeks. If they are really that worried about the covid at rutgers, you'd think they'd want that. :rolleyes:

just shut up
No kidding! I mean, supposing we hit these kids with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just a very bright light? And what if you brought that light inside the body? Or could we do a disinfectant by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?

or just, you know, 2 subsequent negative tests like in other sports.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
or just, you know, 2 subsequent negative tests like in other sports.
They want to shut down the season. That's the only way this can be interpreted.

Coming in contact with someone who had the rona does not mean you will get the rona.

People are treating this as if its...Contact>Positive>Death.
Which it isn't. It really, really isn't.

Just doesn’t make sense having a game already scheduled for Sept 5th against a B1G opponent at home and then moving the game to November 7th and switch it to away game..o_Oo_Oo_O
The previous schedule was thrown out entirely and everything was started from scratch. Why does it matter if it was week one and moved to later on the road? Once you shuffle the deck all is fair game.

I look at it as something interesting for us to talk about in early August. Color me extremely skeptical that a season happens.

The restrictions/laws about travel to NJ is just one example of a logistical hurdle. OK so the team goes out there, what, they're supposed to be quarantined for two weeks which means they can't play U of I or...wtf are we talking about here.

States and cities are going to continue to make new policy based on what happens with case counts and they're not going to be making alterations and concessions for college sports. Chicago for example isn't allowing travel in from a bunch of different places, so flying into O'Hare or Midway is suddenly off the table, are we driving the team to Evanston? Flying them to Milwuakee and driving them down from there?

It's one thing to be some guy who nobody knows is coming to Chicago and you drive in. It's another if the city of Evanston declares that people from NE aren't allowed and we're gonna put it on national tv that a team from there is here playing in violation of that law.

Logistically speaking you can get around that safely, but if it's a law who is it that gets to say to these teams, "Ignore the law, go play football"?

10 game schedule, I'd set the over/under on games ultimately played at 3.5.

I look at it as something interesting for us to talk about in early August. Color me extremely skeptical that a season happens.

The restrictions/laws about travel to NJ is just one example of a logistical hurdle. OK so the team goes out there, what, they're supposed to be quarantined for two weeks which means they can't play U of I or...wtf are we talking about here.

States and cities are going to continue to make new policy based on what happens with case counts and they're not going to be making alterations and concessions for college sports. Chicago for example isn't allowing travel in from a bunch of different places, so flying into O'Hare or Midway is suddenly off the table, are we driving the team to Evanston? Flying them to Milwuakee and driving them down from there?

It's one thing to be some guy who nobody knows is coming to Chicago and you drive in. It's another if the city of Evanston declares that people from NE aren't allowed and we're gonna put it on national tv that a team from there is here playing in violation of that law.

Logistically speaking you can get around that safely, but if it's a law who is it that gets to say to these teams, "Ignore the law, go play football"?

those restrictions are for the masses, not quasi-controlled populations who are bringing millions of tax dollars with them.

they're no more a logistical hurdle for football than toll roads. if you really believe what you say, time to poke your head out of whatever hole it's been down since early March and see life is going on, largely as normal, for the vast majority of citizens everywhere.

Get to play Vedral right away.
The Rutgers game will be pushed back —- which is why other teams did not want them first. Because then you play teams that have already played come week 2. Like 2018 all Over. And then you have less prep time for games later in year. Tough first pull knowing it will be pushed back and those making schedule knew that one would be.

Reactions: HominidHusker
those restrictions are for the masses, not quasi-controlled populations who are bringing millions of tax dollars with them.

they're no more a logistical hurdle for football than toll roads. if you really believe what you say, time to poke your head out of whatever hole it's been down since early March and see life is going on, largely as normal, for the vast majority of citizens everywhere.
Tolls are a terrible example and you know it, that's nothing like the travel restrictions we're seeing. You're in a vehicle so you pay a toll because vehicles pay tolls. In February I was very sure I'd be working in Montreal at the end of September and now Canada isn't allowing Americans to come there. I'm sitting in a meeting about having to do all that work virtually instead.

Nobody at NU thought they needed clear language in contracts that thunderstorms aren't a reason you get to not play a game and still get paid until a couple years ago. They got it now.

It's not a roadblock until it is. Will some Governor or Mayor choose a college football team as their hill to die on? Probably not. But the way this year is going? Stranger things have happened already.

Too many unknowns to get too worked up about this schedule. Who knows what our team or the other teams will look like from week to week with the quarantine rules. Ohio State may end up being the easiest game on here.

The previous schedule was thrown out entirely and everything was started from scratch. Why does it matter if it was week one and moved to later on the road? Once you shuffle the deck all is fair game.

OK I get that, but why not move the Purdue game where Wisconsin date is on September 19 which would be a home game and put Wisconsin on November 7th which was originally away game?

Tolls are a terrible example and you know it, that's nothing like the travel restrictions we're seeing. You're in a vehicle so you pay a toll because vehicles pay tolls. In February I was very sure I'd be working in Montreal at the end of September and now Canada isn't allowing Americans to come there. I'm sitting in a meeting about having to do all that work virtually instead.

Nobody at NU thought they needed clear language in contracts that thunderstorms aren't a reason you get to not play a game and still get paid until a couple years ago. They got it now.

It's not a roadblock until it is. Will some Governor or Mayor choose a college football team as their hill to die on? Probably not. But the way this year is going? Stranger things have happened already.
those restrictions will not apply to college football teams. obviously. toll roads are a much better parallel than your personal experience of not being able to travel to another country. toll roads, like these 'restrictions' aren't roadblocks at all, which is my point.

governors like tax dollars more than their constituents. they like distractions more than laser focus on their inability to effectively govern. they are counting down to the season just like we are.

I guess Black Friday will be truly a "black" Friday this year with no game for us.

And Michigan-Ohio State isn't their season ending game this year.

The year traditions have been broken.

I'm trying to find the biggest week 1 games (other than Nebraska for us)

Don't think there's any "big" ones but there are some interesting ones.

Illinois vs OSU...Illinois talent is on the rise and we'll see how much so.
Purdue vs. Michigan is a good barometer for both teams.
Minnesota vs MSU will be telling, and probably a close game.

Week 2 big game is probably Minnesota Michigan assuming they both win week 1.

I guess Black Friday will be truly a "black" Friday this year with no game.
Never know. They set this up so bye weeks and end of year weeks are open to be used in case of postponed games.
I really hope they keep these options open.

There is no rule barring travel from Nebraska to a Chicago airport. Or that Nebraskans aren't allowed by law in Evanston. Not sure where you got those ideas.

I guess Black Friday will be truly a "black" Friday this year with no game for us.

And Michigan-Ohio State isn't their season ending game this year.

The year traditions have been broken.

Turns out Iowa never did like “black” Friday anyways...

Reactions: SkerInCo
Halloween Home Game against Pedo-State! I might have to get my Butt up to Lincoln from Texas for that one! Let's hope the networks are begging for ratings and make that a night game!

I have a love/hate relationship with this schedule. I love the fact that they have scheduled games. I hate the fact that we probably won’t see them played. It’s a big taunt, I’m afraid.

I have a love/hate relationship with this schedule. I love the fact that they have scheduled games. I hate the fact that we probably won’t see them played. It’s a big taunt, I’m afraid.

You could be right and you could be wrong..It’s all going to drive us crazy...

ADVERTISEMENT