ADVERTISEMENT

si.com article mentions Frost

You actually think Nebraska could beat Oklahoma? ROFL.

There will be a rude awakening for some posters in a few days.
If they win or are competitive are you still going to start 50K threads on how we need to be smash mouth or give us more gems like if you play good in all three phases of the game and run the ball well you will win... Man, thanks coach for narrowing it down.

Maybe but I feel like By the time they get to the official "interview" they already know if they want the guy or not, at that point it is trying to convince the coach to take the job.

Unless you totally **** it up and end up waiting 90 days and hire Billy C

Even with Mike Riley, it was not an "interview" it was trying to convince him to take one last, last, final last adventure. It was not asking him "where do you. see yourself in 5 years"
Maybe if it’s a well-established guy. A young up-and-comer who’s had just a flash of success… I absolutely think the school wants to know more about him as a person.

Was Frost interviewing Florida as well? Yeah. It’s a two-way street in that situation IMO.

Maybe if it’s a well-established guy. A young up-and-comer who’s had just a flash of success… I absolutely think the school wants to know more about him as a person.

Was Frost interviewing Florida as well? Yeah. It’s a two-way street in that situation IMO.
Yeah, I get that. I think it was a two way street. Good way to phrase it.

I think this was a case of the guy getting in the article doing the old "Check out how smart I(we) were, we knew Frost was not good"

When in reality they got turned down by Kelly, never heard back from Frost and landed with their 3rd choice and so far it has been good for them.
Funny how people come away with different thoughts after reading the exact same article because that's not what I took away from the article.

Not saying you're wrong. Just that I took it differently.

He said that after the phone interview that they were unimpressed by. It’s not like they were going to be rude and tell him not to bother calling back.

It literally says they thought he wasn’t ready for the job… unless they’re lying it means they didn’t want him. Of course they could be lying, but the fact that they admit they wanted Chip and got spurned tells me they’d likely admit the same if it were true of Frost.

But they then said they were down to Frost and Mullen. They called Frost and he never called them back.

Funny how people come away with different thoughts after reading the exact same article because that's not what I took away from the article.

Not saying you're wrong. Just that I took it differently.
I am probably wrong! Ha

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerO
Idk, it’s easy to kick someone when their down, when was this information all available? From what I remember, frost could’ve had any opening that year, frost might have already verbally committed to nebraska and had no interest in looking around, I remember an article saying moos and frost met before ucf played temple, nebraska was at penn state that same weekend. Frost hasn’t performed well here but I do believe he is a loyal guy to his team, genuinely believe he didn’t want to leave ucf prematurely but couldn’t be seen turning his back on nebraska again. The question is, who would have been our coach if frost doesn’t come here?
Could the team have performed much worse over the past 3+ years with pretty much anyone else? Hard to imagine.

I don't look at the media, other schools, fans, and Nebraska themselves as being dumb or anything like that when it comes to hiring Scott Frost.

What he did in the second year at UCF was never done in college football history and a lot of people thought he would be the next Nick Saban.

Turns out he is an awful head coach.

There is nothing wrong with admitting everyone was wrong about him and cut ties and move on.

Oklahoma is going to beat the living shit out of Scott Frost in a few days and that will be the official start to end of Scott Frost. depending on how bad Oklahoma whips Nebraska, we could see Frost getting fired on Sunday and letting the DC take over the rest of the season since that side of the ball actually has some positive stuff to it, unlike the offence which is a total shit show.
I was with you until the Oklahoma paragraph..

This is one of those games where even I think it's possible to hang with them if we don't beat ourselves. Sure the odds are low, but I knew Brett Beliema was going to thrash us. This time, I'm not so sure that is our destiny.

This week, we have everything to gain, and nothing to lose. It's not the same as week 1.

Kansas st came in LY as 27 point underdogs and won. Oklahoma is not the 95 huskers. Ever heard the saying iron sharpens iron. The big 12 conference is a butter knife. Soft, weak no defense, no physicality.

You can talk shit after the game if you want but to talk shit before the game makes you.

small minded, small town, slack jawed yokel. Go find another team.

100% behind frost and the huskers to kick the ever living shit out of oklahoma and the pathetic conference they call the big 12.

Yea great article and read! Florida knew he wasn't ready for big time football.

I just wonder did it have anything to do with football philosophy, staff personnel he would bring, ability to handle high pressure environments, criticism, fans, the media or was Scott just unprofessional.

I wish the writer would have asked what was it that made him NOT READY. I started seeing things myself in the beginning of year 2. I'm not gone lie and say I knew what Florida officials knew cuz I didn't.

I thought Frost would have no-doubt grand slam success and quickly. I WAS DEAD WRONG...

Another interesting tidbit in the article is how coaches get a reputation. The Florida AD knew Mike Gundy's steelo and propensity to flirt with schools just to get a raise from OK State! Lol.

Guess goes to show much Gundy really loves Stillwater because he could have a variety of better jobs by now if he wanted them....including Florida.

Reactions: SuperBigFan

I just wonder did it have anything to do with football philosophy, staff personnel he would bring, ability to handle high pressure environments, criticism, fans, the media or was Scott just unprofessional.

I wish the writer would have asked what was it that made him NOT READY. I started seeing things myself in the beginning of year 2. I'm not gone lie and say I knew what Florida officials knew cuz I didn't.

I thought Frost would have no-doubt grand slam success and quickly. I WAS DEAD WRONG...
I think the real big Red Flag that went waiving for Florida AD was when Frost said he was adamant about bringing his whole UCF staff with him, all of them.

Both Chip Kelly and Frost turned Florida down, they settled on their 3rd choice...everyone with a functioning brain cell knows this. That being said, it's definitely worked out great for them so far.
Exactly...this is not really that hard to get.

Out of those 3, back in 2017, Mullen was clearly the 3rd choice, still a great choice, but 3rd.

Are you actually a NU fan? I’m pretty sure that two football teams will be playing Saturday, and yes NU can beat OU. Maybe OU wins 95/100 games, but NU can win.

Exactly...this is not really that hard to get.

Out of those 3, back in 2017, Mullen was clearly the 3rd choice, still a great choice, but 3rd.
I wish we got Florida's 3rd choice back then. Well kind of......I like Mullen but as I wrote back then, I don't think he was looking at Nebraska as his last job. That is a red flag. Florida is a different story for him. If he succeeds, Florida will be his last job.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
I wish we got Florida's 3rd choice back then. Well kind of......I like Mullen but as I wrote back then, I don't think he was looking at Nebraska as his last job. That is a red flag. Florida is a different story for him. If he succeeds, Florida will be his last job.
It's definitely intriguing. He'll do well there, not sure He'll win anything of significance. Maybe after Saban

Are you actually a NU fan? I’m pretty sure that two football teams will be playing Saturday, and yes NU can beat OU. Maybe OU wins 95/100 games, but NU can win.
I want Nebraska to win more than most people who post on Huskerboard. It's why I find it completely stupid for some of the names people mention to replace Scott Frost.

Could Nebraska beat Oklahoma? Sure. But it's less than a 5% chance. Nebraska currently ranks 77th in rush defense and people act like the defense is stout. They are slightly above average against the pass.

On offense, the OL is garbage and soft. The coaching they get is atrocious and what leads to those problems are what Scott Frost wants the OL to do with his schemes. He doesn't believe in running the football and AM has regressed since his freshman year and Scott refuses to use AM's strengths as the focal point of the offense.

Scott simply is a shitty head coach and his staff on offense is even worse.

At least on defense some of those guys could get P5 jobs when Frost is fired.

Reactions: pharvey0829
You think if a team interviews a HC candidate it means he has an offer? Wow. Interviews at that level do matter. If it’s true they came away thinking he wasn’t ready for that job, then no they didn’t want him
He didn’t say that if they called Frost they had to be interested in hiring him that’ is all he is saying

I want Nebraska to win more than most people who post on Huskerboard. It's why I find it completely stupid for some of the names people mention to replace Scott Frost.

Could Nebraska beat Oklahoma? Sure. But it's less than a 5% chance. Nebraska currently ranks 77th in rush defense and people act like the defense is stout. They are slightly above average against the pass.

On offense, the OL is garbage and soft. The coaching they get is atrocious and what leads to those problems are what Scott Frost wants the OL to do with his schemes. He doesn't believe in running the football and AM has regressed since his freshman year and Scott refuses to use AM's strengths as the focal point of the offense.

Scott simply is a shitty head coach and his staff on offense is even worse.

At least on defense some of those guys could get P5 jobs when Frost is fired.
The fact of the matter is right now the Defense is giving up less than 400 a game total and holding teams to about 11 points a game right now. They may not be world beaters, but they have done more than enough to win every game we have played. Are they an elite D? No, but they are serviceable and that group continues to be better every year. This week is the first test of many to see how good they can actually be.

Maybe it was that wad of chaw sticking out in his cheek during the interview 🤔.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT