ADVERTISEMENT

Should we be for Iowa in the Rose Bowl?

I say, Go Furd, if they lose, at least it was to the Herks. Proximity and a number of reasons will have me rooting for Stanford. But in most cases I would hope Iowa represents well, and I expect they will. If they get blown out, I will be sure to point at them and laugh. Good luck to both teams and congrats. Hope to be there next year.

Oh, and GBR, beat the powder blue Pasadena boys. I saw Josh Rosen his Soph and Junior years at the Stanford QB camps. His soph. year I was standing near the long throw competition. In his group it just looked like a canon shot out. I wasn't really paying attention the first throw but you knew who he was pretty quickly. A man among boys both years in arm talent. I believe Keller Chryst was there Rosen's soph year. Any way I am excited to see the match-up that fell into our future.

Last edited:
I usually pull for conference teams in non conference and bowl games. It's good for the conference and it's good for us. But when it came to Missouri and Colorado it was different. The fans made it virtually impossible for me to not only not pull for them but to want them to get bludgeoned. Iowa is quickly descending to that level. But they haven't reached that point yet.
Go Iowa and represent our conference well in the Rose Bowl.

I know it is kind of an obligation to pull for the conference teams in the bowls, but I am struggling with that with Iowa. Is it bad to hope they get blown out? I have no problem supporting the other Big Ten teams.
Iowa went from a team I could care less about 5 years ago to a team I cant stand. Mainly because most of the fans are idiots. I hope more than anything they get blown out. Then next year they will be a nobody again.

Reactions: HuskerMike85
Iowa went from a team I could care less about 5 years ago to a team I cant stand. Mainly because most of the fans are idiots. I hope more than anything they get blown out. Then next year they will be a nobody again.

Graduation will take care of that.

I know it is hard for some of the Neb fans that were use to the old Big 12/ 8 days to root for your conference brethren in bowl games but that is the norm for all the Big 10 schools. As hard as it might be sometimes, we always pull for the conference in these games. Maybe some of that stems from the fact the our conference splits up the earnings where other conferences don't.

I will want Neb to beat the pants off of UCLA.

Reactions: timnsun
I know it is kind of an obligation to pull for the conference teams in the bowls, but I am struggling with that with Iowa. Is it bad to hope they get blown out? I have no problem supporting the other Big Ten teams.
Nebraska and Stanford alum, Nebraska and Stanford season ticket holder ... ah, no!

The depth chart i posted is listed as updated on 12/5/2015.

splitting hairs - but your site shows 13 - will be 14 if Ott gets his medical
they have a lot coming back and will be highly ranked preseason

Maybe the Iowa fans are a bit of a mess, but what a fine team this year-- wonderful run plus an exciting championship game. They are the poster child for the benefits of playing as a total team.

The bowls -- Always pulling for the B1G !!

and, Go Cats !!

Reactions: LuckyNed
Maybe the Iowa fans are a bit of a mess, but what a fine team this year-- wonderful run plus an exciting championship game. They are the poster child for the benefits of playing as a total team.

The bowls -- Always pulling for the B1G !!

and, Go Cats !!
Although I hate Iowa because of their fans,(yes its unfair)lol the team was solid this year. Took a bunch of average talent players and build a team full of heart and determination. Shows a team doesn't always have to have a team full of 4 and 5 star guys to be good. I wish Neb coaches could do this.

Reactions: LuckyNed
If I picked teams based on internet pissing matches, it would be hard to be a Husker fan.
Yeah, conference loyalty says I should route for Iowa, but we compete with them locally for talent and tv sets, so on an objective self interest basis, it's probably a wash.
I'm not a huge fan of Iowa, in general, but I do like their defense (particularly their secondary) and their QB. But I also like Stanford well enough. I'm probably an Iowa lean, but mostly just looking forward to a hard fought game between two teams that play the kind of ball I like watching.

I love fuzzy math. Especially Iowa's brand of fuzzy math. You can only play with eleven on offense and defense no matter what formation your in. Hell, why not throw in the water and towel boy too! RollingLaugh

Arch you are better than that!Smokin

Hahaha. To hell with that 'root for your conference' stuff. We might not be playing Iowa but we are still competing with them in the region for recruiting dominance. I hope they lose.

Hahaha. To hell with that 'root for your conference' stuff. We might not be playing Iowa but we are still competing with them in the region for recruiting dominance. I hope they lose.

Come on Archie. Let them have SOMETHING! Laughing

Little Brother Complex is usually complete with certain fans when they are so jealous.

It appears the process has been finalized with many.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
I went to college at UNO, and support Nebraska eleven out of twelve weeks of the conference year. This year I really hope Nebraska wins their bowl game because a team finishing up 5-8 looks like absolute garbage and I'm tired of the SEC fans I deal with on reddit et al talking crap about our conference. If Nebraska beats/smokes UCLA like I think they can, at least we can say that the B1G beat up a good Nebraska team and have some proof.

Most Nebraska fans (the ones I seem to deal with outside of message boards), including my best friend, are awesome. Some of the posters on Rivals and other boards are jerks, same goes for Iowa fans. That said, if your team ends up 5-8, you might never hear the end of it in your natural lives from some of those jerks.

For the most part, I like Nebraska football and Nebraska fans, so I'll root for you guys this year. Good luck in the bowl game.

Yes, as bad as the internet posters for each team are and can be, I have had the exact opposite experience going to the games. Have had nothing but a great time in Lincoln and we have always been treated well. You are always going to have a few knuckleheads in every fan base including Iowa.

I see it being a very hard fought series for a very long time and hopefully with that comes more respect on each side. It is alright to still hate each other but even Michigan and OSU respect each other at the same time.

Yes, as bad as the internet posters for each team are and can be, I have had the exact opposite experience going to the games. Have had nothing but a great time in Lincoln and we have always been treated well. You are always going to have a few knuckleheads in every fan base including Iowa.

I see it being a very hard fought series for a very long time and hopefully with that comes more respect on each side. It is alright to still hate each other but even Michigan and OSU respect each other at the same time.

Well said.

No. I am an admitted sore loser and hope Iowa gets taken behind the woodshed.

I personally can't stand anything Iowa..long story!! But why not cheer for a team that beat you and can make the conference look better! I believe that by strengthening the B1G, you help the conference recruit better athletes! And hey, we are just a QB that can throw and not commit turnovers away from being a great team! Like Iowa has!

I personally can't stand anything Iowa..long story!! But why not cheer for a team that beat you and can make the conference look better! I believe that by strengthening the B1G, you help the conference recruit better athletes! And hey, we are just a QB that can throw and not commit turnovers away from being a great team! Like Iowa has!
Hi, Iowa fan. Sorry you lost to the team we beat. Better luck next time.

Not a chance in hell I'm rooting for those chumps. I hope McCaffery piles 600 yards himself enroute to a 7 TD blowout.

most of you will be for Iowa but most that post here and like to be --------- will say no way. THE negative usually posts the most and it would be the same over on the iowa board in nebs played in it .. most real fans would root for neb , but most that post will say no way..that's just how internet boards are

wut?

Reactions: arf_man
Although I hate Iowa because of their fans,(yes its unfair)lol the team was solid this year. Took a bunch of average talent players and build a team full of heart and determination. Shows a team doesn't always have to have a team full of 4 and 5 star guys to be good. I wish Neb coaches could do this.
I think the no talent talking points are going a bit too far. All american corner, Remington finalist, future NFL talent at DT, LB(2), saftey(1), cb(2) OL (probably all of them with their track record, or at least 60% of em ),te(1-2), beathard(maybe, but a great gamer, college QB none-the-less). Thise tough, stubborn SOBs were good this year. Heck, even when they have a pedestrian record, they are a tough dang out.

Feels better to say there is no talent, feels better justifying a close loss if you look a little closer. I'm pulling for them big

Reactions: icu81222
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT