ADVERTISEMENT

Should we be for Iowa in the Rose Bowl?

Land Shark7

Walk On
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2004
I know it is kind of an obligation to pull for the conference teams in the bowls, but I am struggling with that with Iowa. Is it bad to hope they get blown out? I have no problem supporting the other Big Ten teams.

Yeah, I can support Iowa. Won't be easy due to many of their fans, but they have had a heck of a year. Would be good for the conference. I hate to see the teams we lose to lose to someone else. That means we lost to the team who lost to the team. Bad for NU and bad for the conference. We can go back to beating them next year. Improve the turnover statistic and we win 75%+ of the games we lost.

most of you will be for Iowa but most that post here and like to be --------- will say no way. THE negative usually posts the most and it would be the same over on the iowa board in nebs played in it .. most real fans would root for neb , but most that post will say no way..that's just how internet boards are

most of you will be for Iowa but most that post here and like to be --------- will say no way. THE negative usually posts the most and it would be the same over on the iowa board in nebs played in it .. most real fans would root for neb , but most that post will say no way..that's just how internet boards are

I changed my mind. Eff the Herks.

Reactions: HuskerO

Isn`t internet messaging wonderful? :eek:

Yes, they had a great season, winning the way so many on this board yell at Riley about; running the ball, few turnovers, few penalties and taking it away on defense. I'm not a Hawkeye fan but I think they deserve respect. You can't get mad at the team because of some Iowa clown on a board, if so stay away from Husker fans after any loss.

I have no problem at all cheering for Iowa. Frankly, to not cheer reeks of jealousy of a team that has achieved what we wish to. Yes, I've seen the posters on here who claim "what, we should be jealous of a team that didn't win a B1G title?" But the reality is, Iowa was relevant this year and was a half a minute away from representing the B1G in the playoffs. This is way more than Nebraska has achieved in 15 years.

So until our team gets its act straight, I have no problem cheering on fellow B1G teams.

If we were 12-1 and going to the Rose Bowl, not a snowballs chance in hell any Iowa fans would be rooting for us.

I can assure you this Hawkeye fan will be rooting hard for the Huskers against a pac-12 team. If you were 12-1, that wouldn't change a thing. If anything, it might make me root for you guys more. As long as you're not lining up against the Hawks, I have no problem cheering for Nebraska, or any other B1G team for that matter. The only guy I had trouble ever rooting for from the conference was Rich Rodriguez at Michigan. I thought he was a phony and didn't play real football.

THE HERMENATOR

I am all for the BIG winning ask there bowl games. Unless there playing one of my teams. Stanford just happens to be one of my teams.

Yes. They're not kstate
......for me any way.

That's the thing. I enjoy beating them more than any one else. Our old rivalries are dead. Can't change that fact. Iowa is a rivalry. I want to beat them each and every year. I will be nice to them face to face. But I will not stop my desire to beat them. I want to take them for granted. I think it will become a fun rivalry. GBR

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I really like Stanford, Iowa is a good team but I am all in on the Trees. It should be a good game, I think Iowa shows up but hopefully that is not enough.

I know it is kind of an obligation to pull for the conference teams in the bowls, but I am struggling with that with Iowa. Is it bad to hope they get blown out? I have no problem supporting the other Big Ten teams.

Qqq8b2K5qsg8M.gif

Hope Stanford smokes them like they were the last hookah hit in Palo Alto.

Reactions: Hawks!!!

Whoa ... when did we become obligated to cheer for a conference? Pretty sure this isn't SEC country. I love watching Stanford play football. I particularly like that RB they have. He reminds me of a white Ed McCaffrey tbh.

Oh and Iowa can gargle my beanbag.

You can cheer for Iowa AND they'll get blown out. It's the best of both worlds.

Dealt with punk ass fans all my life, I laugh at them but conf above ........

When they suck, which they usually do, iowa fans take great pleasure when Nebraska does not win.
They love our downfall, because they have never been to the top.
They ain't rooting for us.
Putulant lil punkass bitches.

We should neither be for or against. As far as we are concerned unless it is the week we play them they shouldn't even exist. The same holds true for board discussions. Unless they are the next team on the schedule Iowa should be nonexistent on this board

Reactions: c2o
We should neither be for or against. As far as we are concerned unless it is the week we play them they shouldn't even exist. The same holds true for board discussions. Unless they are the next team on the schedule Iowa should be nonexistent on this board

I'm gonna keep you in mind when I run for President somewhere down the road.

Reactions: jimbosc and jlb321
I can certainly support Iowa. They play hard. They play smart and don't beat themselves. They prepare well every week. I can respect that. Heck, if our Big Red team embodied those traits each week rather than just getting up for select games, we'd be probably taking their place in the Rose Bowl.

I've hated Iowa almost as long as I have been alive. I always will.

I am always for whoever they are playing, and I hope they lose by 30 points.

I can certainly support Iowa. They play hard. They play smart and don't beat themselves. They prepare well every week. I can respect that. Heck, if our Big Red team embodied those traits each week rather than just getting up for select games, we'd be probably taking their place in the Rose Bowl.

No, no Dean Pope.
That's not how it works. Don't respect the team, hate the fans.

The sooner Husker fans quit fixating on Iowa on this site the sooner we return to a peaceful board.

Reactions: jlb321
ADVERTISEMENT