ADVERTISEMENT

Should there be football in 2020?

Should there be Nebraska football in 2020?

• Yes (>1 game)

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • No (zero games)

Votes: 22 19.3%

• Total voters
Seems we will have to learn to live with it because it’s not going away. Shame though that several other countries don’t have to learn to live with it. I think football will happen but not our current schedule.

The impact of no football would be more devastating than a lot of people probably imagine. There may be a handful of P5 schools that are in major trouble. Like close half of their athletic department down type of trouble. Also, think of all of these small college towns?

Lincoln is one of the bigger Big Ten towns and not having football will crush the city. Now think of the smaller towns. West Lafayette, University Park, Bloomington, Champaign. These towns will be decimated.

And for the 'if we can only save one life' type of thought process, in public policy we never think like that. If we did, all speed limits would be 35 MPH.

Lives are at stake vs a game - seems like a no brainer to not have fall sports.
So if the truckers and railroaders had this attitude people would be going hungry! Either shut the whole country down and I mean everyone. No truckers no farmers no electricity. Or open it up completely. Don’t stick a toe in the water to see if it’s cold. This half ass way is getting old. Guess what people stayed home for two freaking months and the virus is still here!

So if the truckers and railroaders had this attitude people would be going hungry! Either shut the whole country down and I mean everyone. No truckers no farmers no electricity. Or open it up completely. Don’t stick a toe in the water to see if it’s cold. This half ass way is getting old. Guess what people stayed home for two freaking months and the virus is still here!
Probably should have stayed home until a vaccine was created, a few months was way to short a time period.

Good barometer here..Texas high school football is more important than math to the folks down there.

Good barometer here..Texas high school football is more important than math to the folks down there.

I’m 100% sure the season will never get completed. As a society we need to get our priorities straight, if I were a season ticket holder I’d already be planning on what else I’m going to be doing on Saturdays because being at game ain’t gonna happen.

Reactions: ATLsker
No electricity? Thats a bit much. I realize our country is much bigger land wise and population wise. There are certainly areas that do need to be sent back to their caves. Nebraska is not one of those places. I live in LA and drove back to Neb on May 28. I teach so I have the time to do this. The virus really isnt a problem here at all so I can see why so many want things back to normal. I really do not want to drive back in a few weeks to what is essentially Coronaville. Ive seen both sides of the argument this summer. Ive basically lived both scenarios. While I see why some want things open I also see why thats not a good idea.

I’m 100% sure the season will never get completed. As a society we need to get our priorities straight, if I were a season ticket holder I’d already be planning on what else I’m going to be doing on Saturdays because being at game ain’t gonna happen.
As a Jaysker I will be really bummed if this messes up Creighton Hoops too

Virtual games? I'd like to see '95 Nebraska vs. '01 Miami. Or maybe '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan.

It doesn't matter what anyone on here thinks. But yesterday, most of the people in Walmart couldn't be bothered to put on a mask while buying their Doritos and Mt. Dew. If there isn't a season then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Nah...I'm going to lay 1000% of the blame at the people's feet who blessed us with this situation, and then lied their ass off about it for months, and our own citizens who continue to worry about hurting those same peoples feelings.

Reactions: Rick Chick
Aledo Bearcats?
Yep! They just won another championship last year... this year looks like a reloading year but then again we thought that last year and pulled it off again...

If there is no football season that'll be a tremendous blow to Aledo and all Texas schools in general

Nah...I'm going to lay 1000% of the blame at the people's feet who blessed us with this situation, and then lied their ass off about it for months, and our own citizens who continue to worry about hurting those same peoples feelings.
So...are you referring to China, Trump or the same six people on here who've been carrying on in every Covid thread since March while being wrong every step of the way and are now telling us to get just get used to it? Just curious?

Last edited:
So...are you referring to China, Trump or the same six people on here who've been carrying on in every Covid thread since March while being wrong every step of the way and are now telling us to get just get used to it now? Just curious?

a23c376be956e707159e53b8e6f5d45e.png

I have a heart condition and a family. No, I will not learn to live with it to justify your political preferences.
No you don’t need to learn how to live with this virus. Keep quarantined and safe. but this isn’t an all or nothing type of deal. And keep in mind, you can do everything right and still get the virus.

I’m 99.9% sure I got this back in February. Everyone in my office had a bad illness and my son got it too. we all herd the exact same thing from various doctors back then. That we were infected but they didn’t know what it was. All the symptoms I had then match Covid.

now fast forward to now, appeartly someone in my office got it again. We are all quarantined now. We did everything right. Social distancing. Wore a mask. Kept my door shut. I might see someone for 2 minutes in the full 9 hours I was at work. And outside of work I just stay home.

I’m starting to feel the same as I did back in February. Stomach, head, throat, and minor weakness. I still feel ok to run and workout. Honestly when I excrise is when I’ve felt the best with it. But it’s really not that bad for me. I’m healthy. These kids that play sports are healthy and young. I don’t see a reason you can’t play football in this condition especially when kids play with the flu. Ever hear of “bring your flu game”. Hell I always played sports better sick

There will be some conferences that don’t play at all and some conferences that do play. I feel pretty confident we will see an all BIG 10 games this year with no bowl games and no championships of any type. As of right now, that’s fine with me.

I wouldn’t trust the vaccine if I were you. Will probably take several trials before getting it right.
I would take any of the experimental ones today. NO worries about the vaccine. We've been using Corona virus vaccines in animals for decades without any need to adapt them for the mutations that occur. Modern subunit vaccines are very safe and as they're doing their safety and efficacy trials they're also determining the proper antigen dosage..

Let people opt in. It's true that we need to learn to manage life with the virus.

This is my guess too. I’m betting we will have most BIG 10 teams opt in and give it a try. Like most are saying in the this thread, our players and every other teams players are some of the healthiest people in the country, they will get through it and be just fine. And I’m just taking BIG 10...I have no clue about the other conferences.

Reactions: bshirt73
No you don’t need to learn how to live with this virus. Keep quarantined and safe. but this isn’t an all or nothing type of deal. And keep in mind, you can do everything right and still get the virus.

I’m 99.9% sure I got this back in February. Everyone in my office had a bad illness and my son got it too. we all herd the exact same thing from various doctors back then. That we were infected but they didn’t know what it was. All the symptoms I had then match Covid.

now fast forward to now, appeartly someone in my office got it again. We are all quarantined now. We did everything right. Social distancing. Wore a mask. Kept my door shut. I might see someone for 2 minutes in the full 9 hours I was at work. And outside of work I just stay home.

I’m starting to feel the same as I did back in February. Stomach, head, throat, and minor weakness. I still feel ok to run and workout. Honestly when I excrise is when I’ve felt the best with it. But it’s really not that bad for me. I’m healthy. These kids that play sports are healthy and young. I don’t see a reason you can’t play football in this condition especially when kids play with the flu. Ever hear of “bring your flu game”. Hell I always played sports better sick

I honestly don't get how everyone seems to have had it back in Jan and Feb. If everyone in your office had "it" and all had symptoms that is nothing like what COVID is showing where most people don't have symptoms.

Add to that fact, even now with testing at a high rate and on people that have reason to be tested, the positive rate is in the teens percentage.

So either "it" was impacting people at a much higher rate before or something else was going on.

Add to that fact, even now with testing at a high rate and on people that have reason to be tested, the positive rate is in the teens percentage.

"Experts estimate that the United States' true Covid-19 case count is much higher than reported figures suggest, as persistent lags in testing have left many Americans with Covid-19 symptoms unable to access tests to confirm the infection. In addition, some people may experience extremely mild or asymptomatic cases of Covid-19 and therefore could be unaware they are infected with the new coronavirus.

However, experts say it's also likely that some people were sickened with other diseases and merely are projecting their desire to have already recovered from Covid-19 onto those previous illnesses."

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/05/13/covid-2019

Reactions: egaRdeR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT