ADVERTISEMENT

Should the tunnel walk be ended?

Without reading the thread, my response is unequivocally a big "NO".

The sky is not falling, people. Move on from this subject.

after watching it a couple times this year, Im not sure if the players know they are going to a football game or disco ??? the players from troy didn't think the game was a disco, they though it was a football game. I'm sure whoever is making this dance fever tunnel walk thing means well, but it gotten way out of controll. I think the team needs to focus more on the gridiron about their responsibilities, and a lil less about the hype.
Remove one of the great traditions in college sports because N has lost a couple close games, yep, that will be a cureall. o_O

after watching it a couple times this year, Im not sure if the players know they are going to a football game or disco ??? the players from troy didn't think the game was a disco, they though it was a football game. I'm sure whoever is making this dance fever tunnel walk thing means well, but it gotten way out of controll. I think the team needs to focus more on the gridiron about their responsibilities, and a lil less about the hype.
Agreed. It’s like a cross between a rave and an orgy.....

Agreed. It’s like a cross between a rave and an orgy.....

Huskers fans for some reason think the game is a job or a military operation. It is a performance, a theatre....the work is done sunday-friday and the glory is gained on Saturday. I actually think our guys play too tight. They need to relax and let it rip, instead they are playing tight, making mistakes, and regretting those mistakes which just compounds the next week. This is a unique situation with a young, and relatively untested coach coming in as the inevitable savior of the program...I mean the media has hyped him as the next Nick Saban, a can't miss situation. I just hope they can relax and be the best they can be, enjoy this time and make some fricken plays.

Huskers fans for some reason think the game is a job or a military operation. It is a performance, a theatre....the work is done sunday-friday and the glory is gained on Saturday. I actually think our guys play too tight. They need to relax and let it rip, instead they are playing tight, making mistakes, and regretting those mistakes which just compounds the next week. This is a unique situation with a young, and relatively untested coach coming in as the inevitable savior of the program...I mean the media has hyped him as the next Nick Saban, a can't miss situation. I just hope they can relax and be the best they can be, enjoy this time and make some fricken plays.
Do you think that the streak will survive this season?

You think staging a 10 minute music video entrance to the field helps them to relax?

Well, on the bright side, we could have gotten shackeled with this:

or maybe this:

There may be something to this disco point. It is embarrassing to overhype repeatedly and disappoint. We should underhype and let our performance on the field speak. I am embarrassed by the excessive big talk on the pregame videos and the excessive focus on the tunnel walk. And the fancy practice blackshirts. Totally the wrong focus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT