ADVERTISEMENT

Should Nebraska get rid of its trophy games?

BigNUFan51

Walk On
Nov 29, 2015
Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota have enough trophy games as is.

Iowa: Floyd, Heartland, Heroes
Wisconsin: Axe, Heartland, Freedom
Minnesota: Little Brown jug, Axe, Floyd, $5 chair.

I imagine all of those trophy games in the Big Ten have stories going back a century or more while ours are just contrived let's make a trophy so we fit in trophies. I've really come to loathe the Big Ten.
There are some forced trophies in the Big Ten too. I do like ones like the Floyd of Rosedale that have stories behind them. The Heartland Trophy with Wisconsin is made up. I’m not even a fan of the Cy-Hawk trophy.

I like the broken chair trophy. It happened on its own.

Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota have enough trophy games as is.

Iowa: Floyd, Heartland, Heroes
Wisconsin: Axe, Heartland, Freedom
Minnesota: Little Brown jug, Axe, Floyd, $5 chair.
VgexWde1iMvu_y97dNM2q3qko0sXhaby_Y9CpJNLpevwCTtYIy2ZKmXtS4Mn00-HsvnB6Em3-6pliQY2mvwu-0cY6dsOfRfM0xPYcKq3SSPES_CqHs2kdtggoTU3IpXVX_yWdjpqYLvzUdu8fGt6eElj641rnkHJEJo

Reactions: gw2kpro
The best trophy game was Oklahoma, for the Big 8 Championship Trophy.

I am old.

You shoud be old enough to know that Nebraska played Missouri for a Bell, back in the Big 8/12 days..

Trophy games should develop spontaneously, and the only thing that will make a rivalry is time. You have to play a lot of games against someone before a real rivalry will exist. Both the Big XII (with Colorado) and B1G (with Iowa) have tried to fabricate rivalry games for marketing purposes. They have about as much soul as that god-awful alma mater song they tried to make us sing 15 years ago.

Nebraska, Nebraska, we pledge you our true loyalty,
Nebraska, Nebraska, the "Good Life" for you and for me.

That was the worst song ever written.

Why get rid of them? Because we cant win them? People would have a different attitude if Nebraska won them on a regular basis.

You are wrong. They are dumb as hell. They can keep the trophy even when they lose....wgaf?

Nebraska joined a conference that they knew was rich in tradition and one of those traditions is trophy games. Now dont get me wrong, I cant stand the B1G conference and never have. Always thought it was a joke of a conference. However it seems as if Nebraska is the gold digging female that every man watches out for.

Nebraska joined a conference that they knew was rich in tradition and one of those traditions is trophy games. Now dont get me wrong, I cant stand the B1G conference and never have. Always thought it was a joke of a conference. However it seems as if Nebraska is the gold digging female that every man watches out for.

I feel more like the Big Ten is the Royal Family and Nebraska is Lady Di. Never a good fit and the whole damn family is a bunch of arrogant bastards. I just hope they don't kill us if we try to leave.

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
Nebraska is the slump buster who barely looks good at the end of a bender.
You hate the conference your fanbase said you would dominate.

Dominate. Lol.

Nebraska is the slump buster who barely looks good at the end of a bender.
You hate the conference your fanbase said you would dominate.

Dominate. Lol.
No one said we would dominate, that is just more Iowa fantasy. But thanks for coming by to let us know how obsessed you are. Loser.

I honestly don’t even know what our trophy games are. I know there is one with the broken chair and one with Iowa. Is the Iowa one a pig or something? I’ve seen their trolls brag about a pig trophy before, so it must be important to them and I know how important we are to them.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Not all just the ones that where forced..

Little Brown jug
Paul Bunyan Axe
Floyd of Rosedale
Paul Bunyan Trophy
Old Oaken Bucket
These are all legit trophy’s
legit to those crap schools that never play for any actual trophies, I suppose

Not all just the ones that where forced..

Little Brown jug
Paul Bunyan Axe
Floyd of Rosedale
Paul Bunyan Trophy
Old Oaken Bucket
These are all legit trophy’s

But having a Trophy just to
have a trophy is never good..

Don't forget the Old Brass Spittoon. Everyone needs one of those in their trophy case.

Actually, I don't think a large portion of the Nebraska fanbase had a clue what they were getting into when we joined the Big 10 - I think a lot of them simply said "In Tom We Trust". I have known a lot of Nebraska fans over the years who only followed Husker football and nothing else - these people had no idea how pretentious the Big 10 could be - although they got an immediate education after we joined and the Big 10 announced the names of their new divisions - "Legends" and "Leaders" - you won't believe how much razzing I took from my Kansas relatives over that.

Reactions: donahues17
Don't forget the Old Brass Spittoon. Everyone needs one of those in their trophy case.

What can I tell you... 🙄 Cautionary tale there as to why you should Never let Michigan $tate pick the Trophy item... In their defense..., I suppose that's representative of all that was available of any interest or value in the entire state of Michigan... 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT