Should Mo be kicked off the team?

Should Mo be kicked off the team

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
I posted this same poll back in Feb with 45% saying he should be kicked off the team. Interesting to see the results now.

Yes.. If Frost doesn't follow through on backing up his standard of high character players now his credibility about his policy will begin to suffer... It sucks but in the long run it's gotta be done to get this culture set in stone... If Mo wasn't already causing a distraction from his pending case I'd be more about working things out but....

Last edited:
Reactions: Trip_10
Gawd how I miss the yoga pants thread....
You're all sickWinking
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
Yes.. If Frost doesn't follow through on backing up his standard of high character players now his credibility about his policy will begin to suffer... It sucks but in the long run it's gotta be done to get this culture set in stone... If Mo wasn't already causing a distraction from his pending case I'd be more about working things out but....
Part of character is forgiveness and accepting repentance. If Mo demonstrates that he is sorry for his mistakes and Frost kicks him off the team then his character is also in question. There should be some level of accountability, but you don't just cut someone off because they made a mistake. You cut them off if they cant admit to it and ask for mercy.

Reactions: husker2612
I can’t answer this quite yet. My opinion hinges on the California case. The paraphernalia charge alone, to me, isn’t a big deal. Add the weight of what happens with the case in California- if the final judgement is major, let him go. If the final judgement is minor they should let him stay with the understanding that he is on strike 2. Either way there has to some kind of punishment. Personal recommendation: Let him be Damion Jackson’s stationary tackle dummy for a couple of weeks. That guy looks mean.

I can’t answer this quite yet. My opinion hinges on the California case. The paraphernalia charge alone, to me, isn’t a big deal. Add the weight of what happens with the case in California- if the final judgement is major, let him go. If the final judgement is minor they should let him stay with the understanding that he is on strike 2. Either way there has to some kind of punishment. Personal recommendation: Let him be Damion Jackson’s stationary tackle dummy for a couple of weeks. That guy looks mean.
Haha, yep. If he does stay his teammates need to take discipline into their own hands at practice. That is what Frost is trying to do no? The players are accountable to each other.

Reactions: dragon61
With all the stuff Iowa has swept under the rug for their players, it shouldn't be frowned upon if we kept Mo.
RollingLaughRollingLaugh Lots of truth in that post. Ferentz trying to convince a girl not to report a sexual assault is at the top of the list. For all the thugs and coverups at Iowa you’d think they’d at least have a B1G title or two and a couple CFP appearances in the past 10 seasons. RollingLaugh

Reactions: SOHusker11
Part of character is forgiveness and accepting repentance. If Mo demonstrates that he is sorry for his mistakes and Frost kicks him off the team then his character is also in question.

Isn't this proof that he already squandered that? He's still on the hook for a felony in California right now and instead of doing what you say he got in trouble a second time before that first one was even resolved. Like I said in the other thread, this is not at all a normal disciplinary situation. If this was his first brush with the law of course he would still get a chance to straighten out. Unfortunately it's not.

I don't have enough details of the situation to know. SF does. He will make the right decision. I voted "yes" because I suspect he will be released, not because he should be released.

Part of character is forgiveness and accepting repentance. If Mo demonstrates that he is sorry for his mistakes and Frost kicks him off the team then his character is also in question. There should be some level of accountability, but you don't just cut someone off because they made a mistake. You cut them off if they cant admit to it and ask for mercy.
The problem with this is it establishes a culture that doesn't take rules seriously. I'm not suggesting forgiveness is a bad thing, but establishing a culture of accountability requires teammates seeing guys actually deal with consequences of their actions. It may have some shorter term downside, but longer term culture benefits by moving on from the young man.

I posted this same poll back in Feb with 45% saying he should be kicked off the team. Interesting to see the results now.

Glad the paraphernalia had nothing in it, no one even knows whether it was Mo's or someone else's like a friend that left it there. Mo is innocent until proven guilty. This is just a slap on the wrist, he should be back for practices soon.

Last edited:
RollingLaughRollingLaugh Lots of truth in that post. Ferentz trying to convince a girl not to report a sexual assault is at the top of the list. For all the thugs and coverups at Iowa you’d think they’d at least have a B1G title or two and a couple CFP appearances in the past 10 seasons. RollingLaugh
Link?

The problem with this is it establishes a culture that doesn't take rules seriously. I'm not suggesting forgiveness is a bad thing, but establishing a culture of accountability requires teammates seeing guys actually deal with consequences of their actions. It may have some shorter term downside, but longer term culture benefits by moving on from the young man.
The premise of the OP was whether to kick him off the team or not. I'm just suggesting that if he acknowledges his mistakes then he should be held accountable within the structure of the program and not just tossed to the side. One of the problems with taking a hard-line with kids of this age is that they will rebel. If the coaches tell them how much they want to see them grow into adults but then toss someone to the curb when they screw up, the rest of the kids will question whether or not they are really cared about.

So an 18 year old kid sent a text and owns a pipe? Dear God!!! How will the streets of Lincoln ever be safe with this scourge out there?!?!

How about we dial down the self righteousness alittle. I would wager every single person on here has done worse.
This FTW

Reactions: SC_'sker
Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
I recognize this was 2008, but there is no way in today’s world would a coach and AD meeting with an alleged sexual assault victim with 36 hours of the incident fly in today’s world. That’s called witness intimidation these days.
I agree. Ferentz’s behavior was inexcusable. The apologists will make sure to note that the perpetrators were kicked off the team, so the attempted cover up is a nonissue in their eyes. Pretty shady stuff. o_O

So an 18 year old kid sent a text and owns a pipe? Dear God!!! How will the streets of Lincoln ever be safe with this scourge out there?!?!

How about we dial down the self righteousness alittle. I would wager every single person on here has done worse.

Whether "every single person" has done worse is not the point. I would guess some who have done worse have also got into some trouble. Doing worse and getting caught/charged/convicted are all different.

As a society, we don't each get to set our own standards. Our elected officials have done that. Laws are laws rules are rules, no matter if I like or agree with them or not.

Then throw in he is an athlete at a university who has talked about a higher standard and better culture. I would also guess there are some team guidelines for the use of any drug that is illegal.

Reactions: Trip_10
ADVERTISEMENT