Should Mo be kicked off the team?

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by husker2612, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Mo be kicked off the team

1. Yes

153 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. No

189 vote(s)
    55.3%
  1. barney44

barney44 Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

The same bullshit high school drama that’s been playing out over and over again for decades now. The difference is that the world gets to see this stuff play out in digital format...

dinglefritz likes this.
  2. redwine65

redwine65 All-American
    Expand Collapse

lets say the girl is a flat out lying ho...and Nebraska lets mo stay on the team...is he going to turn into another lp or leotis? we don't need that kinda mess going forth. this mo is on very very thin ice. the mere fact he put this garbage on his phone. is already waving a huge red flag. I don't care what people do behind closed doors, but when they drag NU Football thru the mud, we have a automatic issue on our hands, that ice is razor thin. He's gonna have to get min 2000 yards next year for folks to believe he has any charactor at all.

922 redwine65, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  3. timnsun

timnsun Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

I assume you’re posting this for what happens next... if you are posting this suggesting that Frost went against his own word in the recruiting process, a text message doesn’t enter the realm of social media.

Just seeking clarity on what you are suggesting.

4. SC_'sker

SC_'sker Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Wat.

5. huskerfan1414

huskerfan1414 Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

None of this matters when it comes to MO holding onto that film and then sending it to her maliciously. He shouldnt have done that.

footnfan1 and artguy68 like this.
  6. HuskerO

HuskerO Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Given what her daughter did or had done to her at age 15 (just 2-3 years ago) I can definitely see why her parents would be snooping.

7. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

People have lost their minds in the name of Husker football. Reality check:
    1. a parent has the right to parent, no matter the age of their child or step-child, and especially and particularly while they are still in high school.
    2. Whether a girl has been with 0 boys or 1000 boys, she still has the right to say no to sex. Whether she is an ex-girlfriend, a current girlfriend, a fan, a classmate, a flirt, whatever, she still has the right to say no to Mo.
    3. Mo's response to her rejection was incredibly unethical. It does not matter if other kids have done the same. It doesn't matter of you did worse when you were that age. That just makes you and others equally bad. It does not make Mo's actions tolerable.
    4. Mo's response to her was also clearly illegal. This is not a gray area, and it is not up to interpretation. It has nothing to do with whether what happened in the video was consensual or not. The only question is what kind of punishment is just in this situation. The debate about whether he should be kicked off the team or not is legitimate. The rest is simply off base.

8. Husker.Wed.

Husker.Wed. Athletic Director
    Expand Collapse

In the 1950s your avatar, if sent through the US mail would have technically been a felony. Yet in 2019 you post it to the world with an identifiable IP address. Times change....just sayin.

9. GaRed

GaRed Assistant Head Coach
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It sounds like half of you are clueless to what these kids nowadays talk like , or text each other. Don't be so quick to judge what you don't understand .

10. Tuco Salamanca

Tuco Salamanca Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

So now the word stud means I want to have sex? I heard a football analyst call a players stud. When my son hit his first HR my wife called him a stud.

Maybe, just maybe, she wrote how’s it going stud, congrats on getting that scholarship to Nebraska. But since no one has bothered to post the actual quotes. We just don’t know.

Bill_Callahan2.0 and Husker Todd like this.
  11. jlb321

jlb321 Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

yes - more about what might happen going forward. There is a lot of nuanced discussion about legal issues that in my mind are irrelevant. This is about the code of conduct that this staff expects their players to adhere to which I believe the Frost quote addresses.

It appears that Mr Washington should not have had the video and was explicitly told to delete it. His reply to the women that included the video can easily be interpreted to have malicious intent.

At best this was a video of a young person making a horrible mistake that she will have to deal with the rest of her life and at worst a video of the sexual assault/rape of a minor. In either case the use of the video to accompany the derogatory language is disgusting.

Finally it is unclear when the staff learned of this incident. Did it need to be escalated within the university system, was it and when? This is, in part, what got Urban in trouble. There was some speculation that events surrounding this issue was why Mr Washington left voluntarily or involuntarily that high school in which case the staff likely knew about this during his recruitment.

It was clear Mr Washington did not want to reengage with any type of relationship with this young women. The manner in which he chose to express this was reprehensible.

I hope the bar for the conduct expected in this program is set several notches above "just don't convicted".

Husker Todd and timnsun like this.
  12. tro80

tro80 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Young people do stupid stuff, some of which is even illegal and immoral. Researchers keep telling us that young brains, and in particular the emotional part of young brains, don't mature until about 25 years old. That's the whole science behind not being able to sentence a juvenile to life in prison without parole and other moves to shorten or even avoid prison altogether for youth offenders. Young people have the ability to grow, to mature and to "rehabilitate". But, actions do and should have consequences. I don't know if they have to be life-ruining consequences. But there are consequences. To me, the question is what is the appropriate consequence? Kick him out of the university? Suspend him for 1 game, 2 games, a season? a sincere apology and whatever legal penalty he receives? Counseling? I don't get paid to figure that out. What he allegedly did is serious for sure. But, it seems to me that throwing an 18 year old in the trash over this is a bit extreme.

13. Baxter48

Baxter48 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Ok here is a hypothetical question, if Top a player from Alabama does the same sort of thing mo did, does it even make the new? Does it get swept under the rug?

14. timnsun

Expand Collapse

I think it makes the news.

HuskerO and jlb321 like this.
  15. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

People seem to be perfectly OK with that program doing some pretty sleezy things and cutting every corner, but if a Bama player was charged with what Mo is being charged with, it would make headlines too.

jlb321 likes this.
  16. jlb321

Expand Collapse

I don’t believe the poll on here would be anywhere close to 50/50 as to whether the Alabama player should be kicked out of school ..

TheBeav815 and timnsun like this.
  17. timnsun

Expand Collapse

Of course it wouldn’t. We aren’t invested in Alabama football.

But since it’s our guy washington, we need to take it slow.

I’m guilty of this mentality as well. I go back and forth.

HuskerO likes this.
  18. nu2u

nu2u Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

It seems that you are clueless as to how the criminal code of California deals with texts like this.

19. jlb321

Expand Collapse

Agree ... there is extreme bias on either side.

timnsun likes this.
  20. Husker Todd

Husker Todd Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Just had to post, this thread has reached as many posts in 3 days, as I have had in 4 years. That is all, carry on.

Bill_Callahan2.0 likes this.
  21. Wannabee8

Wannabee8 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

No news in this thread? Still just bickering? Ok, just dropping by. I’ll come back when it hits 30 pages.

EATAFAT1 likes this.
  22. Husker Sledge

Husker Sledge Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Throwing an 18 year old kid in the trash over this is definitely too extreme. Yes it was extremely hurtful and just a dumb thing he did, but in this case it does not justify life-ruining consequences such as going to prison. I'm sure he is scared shitless and knows he is in for substantial punishment. This deal should be a real eye-opener for all the players. I'll support whatever coach Frost decides and move forward.

23. huskerfan1414

Expand Collapse

Kicking him off the team is not throwing him in the trash.

Youre right, young ADULTS need to develop....part of the development is facing consequences for actions.

timnsun likes this.
  24. huskerfan1414

Expand Collapse

Having said that, maybe he didnt do it. Let it play out and the facts will emerge.

mmunso7 and timnsun like this.
  25. jeans15

jeans15 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Bye Maurice......live and learn.

Hate it for him.

26. Harry Caray

Harry Caray Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Agree, there are 100+ other D-I football programs he could play for. I said the same thing about LP in the 90s. It's arrogant to think that this university and coaching staff are the only ones that can help them turn their lives around. It's possible that another environment might actually be better for them and help them realize that actions have consequences.

27. otismotis08

otismotis08 Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Same. See you in a couple hours.

28. otismotis08

Expand Collapse

Take a chill pill. RB is a replaceable position. We have solid options behind him.

jeans15 likes this.
  29. huskerssalts

huskerssalts Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Wow, 24 going onto to 25 pages and this thing is still going on. And it appears to be the same crap over and over and over again. Just twisted in different ways and words. Why bother?? No one is even considering the others view or opinion. No one has changed their view on this thing. We can debate it, twist it, mold into our own view of it but none of it matters because no one is budging on their take of it.

Until the court proceedings are final and we see what route Frost goes. None of our takes matter one bit. In my opinion, if this stays/becomes a misdemeanor, then Washington will remain a Husker. If it becomes/stays a felony, then there is a good chance he’s gone. And believe me, with his game changing talent, some team will jump all over him and he will STILL make it to the NFL. Honestly, I hope we keep him and get him help and make him the man he CAN be. None of us are the same as when we were 16-17 years old. No ONE.

Redondo likes this.
  30. huskerssalts

huskerssalts Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Looks like ever Husker fan, ever Iowa troll and ever UCF troll that visits this site has voted. I’m sure I can just guess what the Iowa trolls are voting. They don’t want us to have a game changer at RB. Without him, they have that much of better chance to beat us. Personally, if he was at Iowa and not us, I’d vote keep him. I want Iowa at their absolute best when we beat them, then they have no excuses and we know we have achieved that much more. But I get it, for them, they NEED all the help they can get. So yep, I’m sure Iowa SuckEye fans are on their knees PRAYING Washington goes. ;)

31. GaRed

GaRed Assistant Head Coach
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yup and don't care.

32. Truehuskerfan

Truehuskerfan Athletic Director
    Expand Collapse

Exactly-and this is why I haven't even voted in the poll. I really don't know one way or the other right now whether he should stay or not. And frankly, it doesn't even matter what I or anyone else thinks. I trust the coaching staff/athletic department/university administration or whoever makes the decision to decide what is best.

Redondo and 1NebrFan like this.
  33. WHCSC

WHCSC Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

I want 25 pages

34. 1NebrFan

1NebrFan Walk On
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you.....if they had a third poll option that said... I'm ok with (whoever makes the decision) decides. That would have been my choice.

Redondo likes this.
  35. burkek

burkek Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Excellent point!
    You can't believe the crap being shared and discussed. Furthermore, youth and adults alike are taking activities of all types to new levels of obscene and dangerous to promote an imagine.
    This doesn't remove Mo"s stupidity, but the context is vastly different, than say 25, or 35 years ago.

GaRed likes this.
  36. jeans15

jeans15 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

A warrant is our for his arrest.

37. 1NebrFan

1NebrFan Walk On
    Expand Collapse

He will surrender himself to authorities and appear in court in California to avoid being arrested.

38. jlb321

Expand Collapse

agree ... it wouldn’t surprise me if one day some states pass a law that make such actions felonious

958 jlb321, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    burkek likes this.
  39. otismotis08

Expand Collapse

So

do

I

#GBR

Eek

WHCSC likes this.
  40. 8675309husker

8675309husker Junior
    Expand Collapse

He made a bad decision. He only sent it to her. He is not a pedophile. I made a bad decision with a baseball bat and mailboxes. Could have/ should have been a felony. Thank God my elders understood a felony could effect the rest of my life. Mr. Washington deserves another chance. Screwing up the rest of his life is not the answer.

Husker Sledge and burkek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.