Should health coverage require the COVID-19 vaccination? Should companies require vaccination?

HuskerGuy33

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
Considering that the vast majority (above 97%) of the hospitalizations for COVID-19 are unvaccinated, should health coverage require that if you're eligible and able to be vaccinated, you have to be vaccinated in order to receive health coverage for COVID-19?

Why should insurance companies be paying for these hospitalizations when this is preventable simply by getting vaccinated.

If I'm an employer and my employees can be vaccinated, should I have to give extended sick leave for people that chose not to be vaccinated? Should their jobs be protected?

As an employer, shouldn't they ensure they keep their workplace healthy

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Considering that the vast majority (above 97%) of the hospitalizations for COVID-19 are unvaccinated, should health coverage require that if you're eligible and able to be vaccinated, you have to be vaccinated in order to receive health coverage for COVID-19?

Why should insurance companies be paying for these hospitalizations when this is preventable simply by getting vaccinated.

If I'm an employer and my employees can be vaccinated, should I have to give extended sick leave for people that chose not to be vaccinated? Should their jobs be protected?

Should fatties be able to get health insurance?

infinity13

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2007

Fvck off cvnt

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007

Would there be exemptions for those of us who have adverse reactions to the "poke"?

HuskerGuy33

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
Would there be exemptions for those of us who have adverse reactions to the "poke"?
Of course there are always going to be people that cannot be vaccinated for whatever reason. This is a low population so of course, your insurance should know about your reasons as to why you can't be vaccinated.

That's why I said "should health coverage require that if you're eligible and able to be vaccinated"

The more people get vaccinated the better off it will be for the little ones that are too young to be vaccinated or the older ones that can't be vaccinated for whatever medical reasons they may have that would prevent the vaccination. The more others get vaccinated that are eligible and able the more we're able to protect those that CANNOT get vaccinated.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Of course there are always going to be people that cannot be vaccinated for whatever reason. This is a low population so of course, your insurance should know about your reasons as to why you can't be vaccinated.

That's why I said "should health coverage require that if you're eligible and able to be vaccinated"

The more people get vaccinated the better off it will be for the little ones that are too young to be vaccinated or the older ones that can't be vaccinated for whatever medical reasons they may have that would prevent the vaccination. The more others get vaccinated that are eligible and able the more we're able to protect those that CANNOT get vaccinated.
Should weed smokers?
Should smokers?
Should fats?
Should people who do schrooms every week?

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007

I missed the highlighted part...

6c36e9a4-86c3-482c-bfdb-25b70756de2e_text.gif

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Should weed smokers?
Should smokers?
Should fats?
Shrooms would likely be a benefit to mental health. Lots of promising studies on managed Hallucinogenic’s versus the current pharmaceutical trend in treating depression and PTSD. So, I think, in the long run, insurance providers would be happy to have a regular shroom user. Less mental health stuff. As if insurance really covers mental health all that much to begin with.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
More important question

Should insurance even be tied to employment. Or even a thing. Every single person on this thread has some Vice that effects their health negatively in one way or the other.

Love to be in such an exceptional nation that this is also the only nation this is an actual discussion. Hooray American exceptionalism. I Guess that phrase really means that America is the exception rather than America is exceptional.

HuskerGuy33

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
Should weed smokers?
Should smokers?
Should fats?
For smokers, the only states that prohibit insurers from charging smokers extra are California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Colorado charges a 15% surcharge for smokers
Arkansas charges a 20% surcharge for smokers
Kentucky charges a 40% surcharge for smokers

In the other 40 states, smokers can be charged 50% more for monthly premiums compared to non-smokers. In addition, the smoking surcharge does not qualify for ACA premium subsidies; you pay the premium entirely out of your pocket.

To learn more, click here

Reactions: Jaemekon

HuskerGuy33

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
You got a link for that 97%?

~tia
97% of People Entering Hospitals for COVID-19 are Unvaccinated

In some hospitals, it is 100% - All COVID patients in LA County-run hospitals are unvaccinated

When it comes to COVID deaths, 99% of deaths are to unvaccinated people - A Pandemic of the Unvaccinated

More than 99% of recent deaths were among the unvaccinated, infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said earlier this month on NBC's Meet the Press, while Walensky noted on Friday that unvaccinated people accounted for over 97% of hospitalizations.

Last edited:

JOHNNY N

Athletic Director
Sep 24, 2003
97% of People Entering Hospitals for COVID-19 are Unvaccinated

In some hospitals, it is 100% - All COVID patients in LA County-run hospitals are unvaccinated

When it comes to COVID deaths, 99% of deaths are to unvaccinated people - A Pandemic of the Unvaccinated

More than 99% of recent deaths were among the unvaccinated, infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said earlier this month on NBC's Meet the Press, while Walensky noted on Friday that unvaccinated people accounted for over 97% of hospitalizations.
Well if Fauci says...lofl. what a joke.

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas

This could be the most hilarious thing posted on the open scrolls in awhile. Maybe There is a lot of stupid crap posted here but this is right up there.

Reactions: ad22022

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
Should fatties be able to get health insurance?

This could be the most hilarious thing posted on the open scrolls in awhile. Maybe There is a lot of stupid crap posted here but this is right up there.
Do they require any other vaccine? Maybe they should also require proof of a gym membership or proof you got your work out in today with a quarterly report on if your a fatty laying around. What's that yearly cardiac death rate again?

bugaha3

Walk On
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2006
nobody can make you take untested experimental vaccines, (Nuremberg Code) remember they did not test on animals, we are the guinea pigs. if you have criminals running drug companies and media, and are trying to depopulate the worlds population, what better way then a untested vaccine. Also remember pharmaceutical companies don't make money unless your sick. (There's no conspiracy theory about that).

• Wow
Reactions: realbp and cavalot

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
They are private businesses, they should be able to if they want to.

Luckily we have one of the best systems in the world for medical coverage so if your health insurance company does something you don’t like, it’s a free market! Just go online - find another company and there’s endless options for competitive, reasonable prices to make sure your healthcare costs are reasonable and fair.

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
nobody can make you take untested experimental vaccines, (Nuremberg Code) remember they did not test on animals, we are the guinea pigs. if you have criminals running drug companies and media, and are trying to depopulate the worlds population, what better way then a untested vaccine. Also remember pharmaceutical companies don't make money unless your sick. (There's no conspiracy theory about that).
"Untested"

Bruh, they've given hundreds of millions of doses. It's tested! Stop reading internet conspiracy theories and get vaccinated!

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I mean we just got to the point that insurance companies can't deny coverage because of pre existing conditions. Probably the best part of obamacare. Now you're going to tell me you have to get a vaccine in order to be covered? Do you have to get vaccinated every year? Two years? 6 months?

How long does the vaccine last?

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
They are private businesses, they should be able to if they want to.

Luckily we have one of the best systems in the world for medical coverage so if your health insurance company does something you don’t like, it’s a free market! Just go online - find another company and there’s endless options for competitive, reasonable prices to make sure your healthcare costs are reasonable and fair.
But this isn't really true. There are certain things the insurance companies have to provide and people they can't deny coverage.

bugaha3

Walk On
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2006
If you have no proof, just say it's a conspiracy theory, everyone will believe you. Lol, why do you care if I get vaccinated, you are supposedly safe, right? I will not get a vaccine on a 99.97% survival rate. Guess what the flu deaths are more than Covid. If it is so deadly why did they switch from death to cases when reporting the news, and why did democratic state run covid patients into nursery homes to try to increase the death rates. Wake up!

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007

Yes, or pay 5x the premium.

Reactions: philosophusker

Gill12

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2014
If you have no proof, just say it's a conspiracy theory, everyone will believe you. Lol, why do you care if I get vaccinated, you are supposedly safe, right? I will not get a vaccine on a 99.97% survival rate. Guess what the flu deaths are more than Covid. If it is so deadly why did they switch from death to cases when reporting the news, and why did democratic state run covid patients into nursery homes to try to increase the death rates. Wake up!
This is true…no one cares if you get vaccinated

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: realbp and jw.3

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

It is a tough one since most Trumpers are too pussy to get the poke.

I say yes, force these dumb fcvks to get vaccinated.

Reactions: realbp

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Untested? FFS was covid tested to be safe?

Fvck you people are so damn stupid.

We should ship all the anti vaxxing dipshit Trumpers off to some death island so the smart vaccinated people can move on with our lives.

bugaha3

Walk On
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2006

We should ship all the anti vaxxing dipshit Trumpers off to some death island so the smart vaccinated people can move on with our lives.
R u sure ur not the dumb one. U must love FEMA camps.

huskerfan_12_05

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE
You and your idiot ilk will end up cancelling football again. So fvcking dumb.
Football is not getting cancelled … a vaccine is available to whoever wants it . It’s on the individual to get it or not . If we played last year you can bet your ass there will be a season this year

IowaHuskerFan3

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2007

Sounds very Chinese of you. Off to the internment camps for you peons