ADVERTISEMENT

Should Chinander be fired after this game?

Should Chinander be fired after the game?

• Yes

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 82.7%

• Total voters
They did? I don’t remember that. I remember criticism about having slower players in the defensive backfield and he corrected that. But you could be right. I do think the concern surrounding Chinander is warranted. I hope he gets it figured out, because Frost won’t replace him. I’m the meantime, I think we continue to give up big plays, yardage, and points. Just win, baby!
He corrected thetback end and lbs after 13 stinking years and TO telling him to ditch the 52.

McBride's defenses got routinely embarrassed by FSU & MIami in bowl games and often didn't hold up against OU or CU (when CU was good). Many fans, myself included, thought he was a weak link in the coaching staff. Weird how he got better when Trev Alberts, the Peter brothers, Grant Wistrom, etc. showed up.
Amazing what happens when you play a national championship caliber team. Look how afraid we are to play Ohio State this year and who knows how many points we'll give up. Those Miami and Florida State teams were better than this Ohio State team.

National title teams routinely embarrass everybody. That doesn't mean we had bad defenses when we played them and it doesn't make our fan base any less stupid for wanting McBride fired.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Chin is awful. Barley better than Diaco. NU can do better. Also, not a UCF troll. NU fan. Been on this board since 2005.

Reactions: oldjar07
Chin is awful. Barley better than Diaco. NU can do better. Also, not a UCF troll. NU fan. Been on this board since 2005.
Inconvenient in current days to have knight in your screen name... never saw this coming 13 years ago, did you? :)

McBride's defenses got routinely embarrassed by FSU & MIami in bowl games and often didn't hold up against OU or CU (when CU was good). Many fans, myself included, thought he was a weak link in the coaching staff. Weird how he got better when Trev Alberts, the Peter brothers, Grant Wistrom, etc. showed up.

Or Pelini when he inherited Suh. Wow. What a defensive genius. :rolleyes:

The thing is, newish head coaches always place a premium on recruiting stellar players on offense. The reason is sound, offenses score points, defenses not so much. Defensive units are more emotionally driven. I think this defense is as good as can be expected with any new DC. Give him time, I think this defense only needs some refinement. GBR!

Yeah, I was at a few of those games like the bowl game in Tempe against FSU. All FSU had to do was throw the ball up in the air and it was as a completion. Charlie and Tom figured it out.

We'll never have a good defense under Chinander. We just have to hope our offense is so good we can outscore everyone, like UCF did last year, and Oregon did under Chip Kelly.
I agree. I said the same thing last year when i watched the D at UCF and got ripped by this board. Chin seems to be an average D Coord in my humble opinion.

Reactions: oldjar07
I agree. I said the same thing last year when i watched the D at UCF and got ripped by this board. Chin seems to be an average D Coord in my humble opinion.
Is this Chin’s 3rd as a DC?

Can him!!! If you can’t get a championship caliber D in 3 years, it ain’t never gonna happen...

Yeah, I was at a few of those games like the bowl game in Tempe against FSU. All FSU had to do was throw the ball up in the air and it was as a completion. Charlie and Tom figured it out.
Only Nebraska game in my life I left early in disgust. It was them converting on a 4th and 45 that did me in.

Reactions: newAD
Stability and continuity will improve the D more than constant staff turnover, which is what the current players have experienced. The senior DB's have had four different secondary coaches. Chin is NU's third DC in the last three seasons. Let's settle on a staff and a scheme, coach and recruit to it for a few years and see what happens.

Stability and continuity will improve the D more than constant staff turnover, which is what the current players have experienced. The senior DB's have had four different secondary coaches. Chin is NU's third DC in the last three seasons. Let's settle on a staff and a scheme, coach and recruit to it for a few years and see what happens.
Yeah because that worked out real well for Bill Callahan...

Thoughts?
You serious Clark? Why didn't you fire him when he was at UCF?????

The defense was the weak link there. I said that last year. Thr O needed to outscore what the D was giving up.

But against Auburn, he was gold.

WellW see once he gets the right players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT