ADVERTISEMENT

Shatel has a great read in Sunday OWH

Really great stuff from Shatel. Stoked to see that his recruiting is built around "train here and build yourself here" I read another piece about one of the linebacker recruits, Mohammed Barry from Georgia (and Tyrin Ferguson from Lousiana) in the LJS--

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/incoming-linebackers-confident-they-can-help-right-away/article_c8e38ffa-9362-5388-ab72-4cbb9c28493b.html

--Barry, though very interested in Miami, turned it down because of all the distractions that could incorporate a student-athletes' time in South Beach. If you connect Shatel's piece and Barry's words, they add up perfectly. Train here and build yourself. I think Riley is attacking this the right way. I'm very intrigued by the fact that Riley could end up changing his offense to a more quarterback-run style offense. Riley seems to have a lot in store for us, and I hope it continues to be proven true. GBR!

Very good read this morning during breakfast. I was intrigued as well by hearing that he wants to expand his offense with the talent he has here and what he wants to recruit in the future, the worry about what Callahan did with his WCO won't happen under Riley's watch.

Really hope he and misses can find the perfect house in Lincoln as soon as possible must suck living in a motel and being mostly away from you wife for 4 months.

This post was edited on 4/19 12:20 PM by scarletred

My biggest take away from the whole piece - it was a 30-minute meeting that lasted 30 minutes. The most ineffective managers I have had didn't manage time well and always seemed to be playing catch up, which led to drama when the chips were down.

Originally posted by Husker.Wed.:

My biggest take away from the whole piece - it was a 30-minute meeting that lasted 30 minutes. The most ineffective managers I have had didn't manage time well and always seemed to be playing catch up, which led to drama when the chips were down.
It would appear to me that we have a very steady hand on control of things now. Great read.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Hopefully someone can link it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I don't know if Mike Riley will be successful here, but he is extremely likable and easy to cheer for.

Originally posted by scarletred:

Really hope he and misses can find the perfect house in Lincoln as soon as possible must suck living in a motel and being mostly away from you wife for 4 months.

This post was edited on 4/19 12:20 PM by scarletred
Some people call that a nice vacation LOL.

For what a house costs in Lincoln and what he's going to make, they can buy the wrong house, knock it down, and build the right one.

Great read. I think at worst the team will stay "pretty good" like they were the last several years. At best, they become very good. Either way, this will have been the right hire. NU is a funny mix of big time facilities and expectations, but that "small town picnic" feel Riley described. The program needed a unifying force.

Originally posted by TheBeav815:

Great read. I think at worst the team will stay "pretty good" like they were the last several years. At best, they become very good. Either way, this will have been the right hire. NU is a funny mix of big time facilities and expectations, but that "small town picnic" feel Riley described. The program needed a unifying force.
Spot on!

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
For what a house costs in Lincoln and what he's going to make, they can buy the wrong house, knock it down, and build the right one.

You underestimate a. How much the IRS and the NRDept is going to get of his check b. what it costs to build/remodel a house c. how long it takes to build/remodel a house. Buying a house is a pain.

ADVERTISEMENT