ADVERTISEMENT

Sharp&Benning talk about Josh Banderas playing a hybrid Rush End/MLB role.

northeastNebraska

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
They just had Brian Christopherson on the show and he talked about Banker talking about having Josh Banderas occasionally be a pass rusher this spring.

I like the idea of trying it out in the spring. I think Bando is quick enough to get around the edge. If it works well in the spring, try it occasionally in the fall. Could be an interesting position to watch.

Thoughts?

Its yet to be seen that we have one dominate pass rusher, but with Miller and Jefferson coming on, and a couple of exisiting LB's who might play a hybrid role, we're going to at least have some options.

Its yet to be seen that we have one dominate pass rusher, but with Miller and Jefferson coming on, and a couple of exisiting LB's who might play a hybrid role, we're going to at least have some options.

I think once it's all said and done, Alex Davis is going to be a really good pass rusher.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Looks like we might see some "psycho" type sets after all. No dominant DE edge rushers so get all those tweeners on the field. Stand em up. Drop some rush some.

Could be effective if they mix up zone blitzes with sending them all to dropping 7 or 8.

I used to hear or read quite a bit about how fast Banderas is, but frankly, I just haven't seen it on the field with him. Maybe he has the tangible speed, but a lack of instinct or something? Seemed like Weber had more explosive plays where he closed on tacklers and maybe he doesn't even have the same speed, but something is missing from Banderas' game.

I used to hear or read quite a bit about how fast Banderas is, but frankly, I just haven't seen it on the field with him. Maybe he has the tangible speed, but a lack of instinct or something? Seemed like Weber had more explosive plays where he closed on tacklers and maybe he doesn't even have the same speed, but something is missing from Banderas' game.
Pretty hard to look explosive when you're playing on one leg the whole season. He never was healthy the whole year.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Ah, gotcha on the injury situation. I guess I knew he had been injured on and off, but hadn't heard that it was affecting him all year. Hope he gets an injury free year.

If our LBs are our pass rushing options, then perhaps we may see a 3-4 defense on passing downs.

Banco can fly for a man his size. Speed has never been an issue with him IMO.

Holla

Reactions: Curious Geovanny
I feel like Bando would have been a rush end from day one under McBride, a damn good one too.

when demarrio was dropped down into that spot at times it seemed to be effective, no?

we need more pressure from the edge.

They just had Brian Christopherson on the show and he talked about Banker talking about having Josh Banderas occasionally be a pass rusher this spring.

I like the idea of trying it out in the spring. I think Bando is quick enough to get around the edge. If it works well in the spring, try it occasionally in the fall. Could be an interesting position to watch.

Thoughts?
He can play the hybrid that sounds good, just keep him away from my Hybrid Bike!

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT