ADVERTISEMENT

Shareef ONeal transferring

Husker223

Sep 4, 2018
Looks like Shaqs kid is transferring from UCLA. Would be a good pick up since the basketball team is hurting for a big man. Would be cool to get D Wades kid (who we were the first to offer) and Shaqs kid. No idea if Hoiberg ever had any relationship with Shaq while he was coaching or playing

Not sure if D. Wade's kid would fit into the Hoiberg system. I talked to a guy who played AAU ball against him. He said that Wade was the best ball player he saw in two AAU summers handling the ball. You literally could not take the ball from him. He also was one of the best passers. However, he was a poor outside shooter and while he could take it hard to the rim, he could not finish. His skill was taking it to the rim and then when help came dishing it off to the open man. So if you put a solid defender on him and did not help when he would take it to the rim he would throw up a desperation floater that rarely went in.

he has more than one kid. His TWELVE YEAR OLD is the one you are talking about, not the one that was originally mentioned in the thread.
How insane is it to go along with a 12 year old transitioning his/her sex? Good heavens. I couldn't decide which goofy t-shirt to wear when I was 12 let alone make some life destroying decision like that. When did kids start to worry about their "sexuality" when they're 12 anyway?

Last edited:
Probably because it’s a really f#%^ing weird societal trend. One that should probably be looked into medically.
and how does this affect your everyday life? Now I don’t understand the transgender thing but honestly it doesn’t affect my life one bit... today’s world would be much better if everyone would fully understand that it’s ok for each person to live their best life... you don’t have to understand it, nor do you have to agree with it... but you also don’t need to vocalize your displeasure or hate on people for being different then yourself

Looks like Shaqs kid is transferring from UCLA. Would be a good pick up since the basketball team is hurting for a big man. Would be cool to get D Wades kid (who we were the first to offer) and Shaqs kid. No idea if Hoiberg ever had any relationship with Shaq while he was coaching or playing

I heard on the radio this morning that the best landing spot for him would be non-power 5, somewhere in the Mountain West.

and how does this affect your everyday life? Now I don’t understand the transgender thing but honestly it doesn’t affect my life one bit... today’s world would be much better if everyone would fully understand that it’s ok for each person to live their best life... you don’t have to understand it, nor do you have to agree with it... but you also don’t need to vocalize your displeasure or hate on people for being different then yourself

I don't get how the "how does it effect your everyday life" litmus test matters. There are a number of thing that don't effect any of our everyday lives that we have opinions on. Kids starving, homelessness, child sexual assault, and an endless list. I am sure most of us aren't impacted by those. But we should still care and have an opinion, correct?

I don't get how the "how does it effect your everyday life" litmus test matters. There are a number of thing that don't effect any of our everyday lives that we have opinions on. Kids starving, homelessness, child sexual assault, and an endless list. I am sure most of us aren't impacted by those. But we should still care and have an opinion, correct?
obviously you did not read the message entirely as I pretty much said have your opinions, care about it... and I’ll add in the whole if you can make a change for the better then do it... but if that’s the way these kids choose to spend their lives then I’d say they are living their best life... so does forcing your opinion on them make their life better or your life better? Or just make you feel better about yourself in that moment?

I heard on the radio this morning that the best landing spot for him would be non-power 5, somewhere in the Mountain West.
Interesting, I read an article speculated maybe Kentucky or Arizona. Those don't necessarily sound like destinations for more playing time. Also said he could go wherever his younger brother goes.

obviously you did not read the message entirely as I pretty much said have your opinions, care about it... and I’ll add in the whole if you can make a change for the better then do it... but if that’s the way these kids choose to spend their lives then I’d say they are living their best life... so does forcing your opinion on them make their life better or your life better? Or just make you feel better about yourself in that moment?

My bad. You are right I came off pithy and really shouldn't have.

The last thing we should be doing is discussing this on a Nebraska football board in a thread about a basketball guy that doesn't even go and will never go to NU.

Reactions: Clemke32
you forgot amateur sports lol

I figured you would have that classic assuming response that doesn’t really address what I said. I don’t care and don’t harbor ill feelings toward anyone who wants to transition. What I said was it it’s a weird trend and should be looked into medically.

I care about the future of humanity and if there truly is a trend of more people who have this disconnect between their mind and body, I think that’s a bit alarming. Similar to all the bees dying out, people are supposed to care about that though.

I figured you would have that classic assuming response that doesn’t really address what I said. I don’t care and don’t harbor ill feelings toward anyone who wants to transition. What I said was it it’s a weird trend and should be looked into medically.

I care about the future of humanity and if there truly is a trend of more people who have this disconnect between their mind and body, I think that’s a bit alarming. Similar to all the bees dying out, people are supposed to care about that though.
I will admit that yes I did indeed make that assumption, and I will apologize for that... however your first post did read more like a post degrading post rather then a concerned about humanity post... none the less that is my fault so my apologies...
With that said I don’t know how much of a medical or mental issue this is at this point... I guess right now I just don’t see it impacting humanity all that much at this point, hell in-fact it may actually help humanity. Humanity as a whole is over populating the world, with transgenders and homosexuality it will act as a regulator as men cannot reproduce with other men and same for women... now by all means please don’t take that as that’s my stance on this, just spit ballin some ideas out there, as personally as I stated before I don’t understand the trend, Nor do I Necessarily agree with it... but that’s not my place to tell individuals how to live their life... and that’s the whole point of where I came from... none the less I’m going to stop here as this doesn’t belong in this thread and honestly doesn’t belong on the huskers board... again sorry for my assumption earlier no offense was meant

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Not sure if D. Wade's kid would fit into the Hoiberg system. I talked to a guy who played AAU ball against him. He said that Wade was the best ball player he saw in two AAU summers handling the ball. You literally could not take the ball from him. He also was one of the best passers. However, he was a poor outside shooter and while he could take it hard to the rim, he could not finish. His skill was taking it to the rim and then when help came dishing it off to the open man. So if you put a solid defender on him and did not help when he would take it to the rim he would throw up a desperation floater that rarely went in.
Not everybody has to be a shooter. What works best is if you have a good ball handler/passer/finisher, if he can dish it out to a sharpshooter, that can be a deadly combination. I'd rather have 1 great shooter and a lot of good all around players rather than a bunch of decent shooters who aren't good all around players.

Not everybody has to be a shooter. What works best is if you have a good ball handler/passer/finisher, if he can dish it out to a sharpshooter, that can be a deadly combination. I'd rather have 1 great shooter and a lot of good all around players rather than a bunch of decent shooters who aren't good all around players.

That isn't Hoiberg's style, though. He wants at least three great shooters on the floor at any one time. Hopefully more. And ideally one is the point guard. Plus, the point guard has to be able to finish at the rim in the Hoiberg system. HAS to. If Wade can't finish at the rim when well-guarded by one man in AAU ball, what makes you think he can finish at the rim in the Big 10? It really doesn't matter what you'd rather have. It is what works best for Hoiberg's system. And a point who is a poor outside shooter and can't finish at the rim is not a high priority, no matter how good a passer and ball handler he is. Maybe Wade has worked on his shot and gotten better. Maybe Hoiberg would see a flaw in his shot that could easily be fixed. Hoiberg is one of the best at that. That's why I said he might not be a good fit. But the player who was described to me by a pretty high level recruit is not the type of player that Hoiberg is going to really go after.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT