ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Beamer on Georgia Defense

Looks like South Carolina will be back at it looking to hire a new HC. What a mess.

???????

He was asked why Georgia is so good on defense and he gave a good, honest answer. They are loaded with talent and play physical. Not sure what about that is a mess to you.

Reactions: timnsun
All I can think is how pelini would have answered…idk Bud I ain’t got an answer for ya
Callahan would have been "it's probably too technical for you" and you know, both Pelini and Callahan were probably right when they said that.Laughing

That was one of the worst answers to a media question I've seen from a football coach. He looks like a buffoon.

Exactly! Who wants an old "WOH is me ass coach"! He sounds like he has given up already. The correct answer is that I have to coach and my assistants need to coach better and put our players in better positions.

Or as the GREAT Bo Pelini used to say....."I point the thumb not the finger pal".

• Haha
Reactions: oldjar07 and WHCSC
How would you have answered?
Just say they're very talented like any other football coach would. You don't have to go on some ridiculous rant about having 100 5 stars on their defense, which isn't even remotely true.

Callahan would have been "it's probably too technical for you" and you know, both Pelini and Callahan were probably right when they said that.Laughing
Callahan got himself one defensive tackle that's better than anything Georgia will ever have, so there's that 😂. Do it again

Exactly! Who wants an old "WOH is me ass coach"! He sounds like he has given up already. The correct answer is that I have to coach and my assistants need to coach better and put our players in better positions.

Or as the GREAT Bo Pelini used to say....."I point the thumb not the finger pal".

The question was what makes the Georgia defense so good. I thought his answer was perfect. They are great because they have dudes. Physical, athletic dudes,

The question was what makes the Georgia defense so good. I thought his answer was perfect. They are great because they have dudes. Physical, athletic dudes,
Can you imagine Saban, Dabo, Meyer, Belichik being asked a question like that? Then can you believe they would answer it that way?? If they were asked a question like that they tell the reporter something that I couldn't say on here or they would say "next question"!

This coward is pretty much saying that he will never beat Georgia or the better teams in the conference because he doesnt have their players and NEVER WILL!

They may as well start looking for a coach who is not in awe of the next teams players. Also you pretty much telling your players that they are trash and if a team has more high level recruits than us.....well let's just forfeit cuz we have no chance.

South Carolina is not Harvard, Fordham or Roast Beef State....they are in the SEC for Pete's sake. Coaching, development and scheming is what it's all about and all that needed to be said. South Carolina

Reactions: oldjar07
Can you imagine Saban, Dabo, Meyer, Belichik being asked a question like that? Then can you believe they would answer it that way?? If they were asked a question like that they tell the reporter something that I couldn't say on here or they would say "next question"!

This coward is pretty much saying that he will never beat Georgia or the better teams in the conference because he doesnt have their players and NEVER WILL!

They may as well start looking for a coach who is not in awe of the next teams players. Also you pretty much telling your players that they are trash and if a team has more high level recruits than us.....well let's just forfeit cuz we have no chance.

South Carolina is not Harvard, Fordham or Roast Beef State....they are in the SEC for Pete's sake. Coaching, development and scheming is what it's all about and all that needed to be said. South Carolina

Really not sure how you get that from his response. But, OK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT