ADVERTISEMENT

Sevion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid is a talent, no doubt. Look at his spring game highlights though, he hobbled off in the spring game too. Running back is a tough gig. I hope he does it. I am rootin for him.

One thing that’s hard to coach is the “want” factor. Some kids have more of it. Seems Sevion has some and that’s great. If he can get healthy, he clearly has some gifts. What the coaches said about Ervin points in this direction as well. Came in as essentially a HS Senior and was all business from the beginning. Yant is a different flavor of RB, but he’s playing as if he has something to prove.

I like the attitude! Especially if his work ethic is like Hell Bent and Determined to tbe the strater.
One thing that’s hard to coach is the “want” factor. Some kids have more of it. Seems Sevion has some and that’s great. If he can get healthy, he clearly has some gifts. What the coaches said about Ervin points in this direction as well. Came in as essentially a HS Senior and was all business from the beginning. Yant is a different flavor of RB, but he’s playing as if he has something to prove.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
If he's everything he was supposed to be coming out of HS, he should be the starter this year. Supposed to be crazy versatile and really talented, plus ideal size. If he's a soft-tissue-injury-prone guy, get used to seeing him in street clothes. Bad hamstrings are a freaking disaster, right when you think you can go again you tweak it again and restart that 4 week clock.

It's straight up bonkers to me if they don't require their team to get vaccinated with how much time some really valuable players missed due to COVID last year. I can't imagine the NCAA drops the rules/requirements around not being allowed to play if you catch it, it's pretty much a guarantee that you have multiple players not available for weeks at a time this fall.

It's straight up bonkers to me if they don't require their team to get vaccinated with how much time some really valuable players missed due to COVID last year. I can't imagine the NCAA drops the rules/requirements around not being allowed to play if you catch it, it's pretty much a guarantee that you have multiple players not available for weeks at a time this fall.
How can they "require" players to get vaccinated.....are you krazy?? Don't you know anything about privacy and HIPAA laws??

You can't go round requiring players for a football team to be vaccinated. Then if you do that what about the general student population.....are they required to be vaccinated too to attend college?? I mean they are around players.

There were THOUSANDS of Division 1 football players who sat out games last year because of testing positive for COVID or COVID protocols. Guess what......NOT ONE DIED!!

How can they "require" players to get vaccinated.....are you krazy?? Don't you know anything about privacy and HIPAA laws??

You can't go round requiring players for a football team to be vaccinated. Then if you do that what about the general student population.....are they required to be vaccinated too to attend college?? I mean they are around players.

There were THOUSANDS of Division 1 football players who sat out games last year because of testing positive for COVID or COVID protocols. Guess what......NOT ONE DIED!!
My guess is by next fall the majority of colleges will require incoming students (including athletes) to be vaccinated for covid. Many schools already require vaccination for meningitis.

Plenty of colleges and U’s are requiring vaccination.
https://universitybusiness.com/state-by-state-look-at-colleges-requiring-vaccines/
Universities require proof of vaccination for the mumps and measles at least, as well as K-12. HIPAA doesn’t apply

my guess is any player who is not vaccinated will be subject to rigorous quarantine measures. I can assure you , if thats the case, the vast majority of players will get vaccinated.
and collegiate fb players did transmit the virus to others. and those others transmitted it to others. and some people died of covid. instead of thinking of individuals it would help if you thought about from a wider community perspective. a healthy person getting covid is still a problem. on average they give it to 2-3 other people and so on and so on and so on.

Reactions: TheBeav815

They can require it unless you have a statement from a Doctor saying you can't be vaccinated for medical reasons. But some states are passing special laws that say you can't be forced to be vaccinated. But it takes a new law. Don't think Nebraska has passed that kind of law yet but it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of conservative states do.

Personally with the proven effective of the vaccines, it's nuts to not get vaccinated but each to his or her own choice of risks. I'm just in awe of how effective these vaccines have proven to be. And it's gradually coming to be shown that the long term effects of having had even a mild case of Covid could have quite serious health problems down the road. As I said though, pick your risk. No choice is risk free.

• Haha
Reactions: taptigers_tap
If he's everything he was supposed to be coming out of HS, he should be the starter this year. Supposed to be crazy versatile and really talented, plus ideal size. If he's a soft-tissue-injury-prone guy, get used to seeing him in street clothes. Bad hamstrings are a freaking disaster, right when you think you can go again you tweak it again and restart that 4 week clock.

Boy are you right about hammy. Been having issues for years. I know it turned Alfonso Soriano from a 40/40 guy to a guy who limped going first to third the last few years of his career.

It's pretty wild that people are already expecting and encouraging the idea of not allowing kids to attend college unless they get a vaccine that isn't even FDA approved.

Regardless of that, Morrison, Irvin, and thompkins all have the potential to be pretty special players here. That being said, I've seen this dance before with Ameer, Aaron Green, and Braylon heard. Hopefully we can keep at least one of those guys on the roster.

my guess is any player who is not vaccinated will be subject to rigorous quarantine measures. I can assure you , if thats the case, the vast majority of players will get vaccinated.
and collegiate fb players did transmit the virus to others. and those others transmitted it to others. and some people died of covid. instead of thinking of individuals it would help if you thought about from a wider community perspective. a healthy person getting covid is still a problem. on average they give it to 2-3 other people and so on and so on and so on.

Sacrifice for the collective comrade

Reactions: Lincoln100
Ok, someone educate me. It is my understanding doesn't prevent getting Covid, but does prevent it from being as severe.

There is data indicating that it is likely that many young people have had the covid virus but didn't even know it and have the antibodies.

Personally, I would have a problem requiring young people, those who have an extreme low level of risk, to get the vaccine we do not know what it could cause in the future, especially with females.

Interestingly, this weekend we were in western KS and wanted to talk to a guy but he isn't meeting with people who have been vaccinated.

Reactions: taptigers_tap
Ok, someone educate me. It is my understanding doesn't prevent getting Covid, but does prevent it from being as severe.

There is data indicating that it is likely that many young people have had the covid virus but didn't even know it and have the antibodies.

Personally, I would have a problem requiring young people, those who have an extreme low level of risk, to get the vaccine we do not know what it could cause in the future, especially with females.

Interestingly, this weekend we were in western KS and wanted to talk to a guy but he isn't meeting with people who have been vaccinated.
I know that the mRNA based vaccines reduce infection probability by over 90%. Also, the vaccine immune response recruits more robust antibodies to Covid than natural infections. Everyone that can get it should get it to protect those who are medically prevented from doing so.

I never once had to show my vaccination record to get into or attend UNL.

Papers (passport) please?

Joining the service is a different story, but I don't see how they can require this at the University level, however big and blue their emboldened communist dream is.

They required vaccinations 20 years ago when I went.

Link, and Kansas. And the Hills have Eyes.

You don't think Spencer Tillman was good or you just wanted to point your finger from W. Virginia? Well?
Tillman was an excellent college back and a decent pro with a Super Bowl ring. Just pointed out that it was his record broken. Thomas grew up in Houston.

Tillman was an excellent college back and a decent pro with a Super Bowl ring. Just pointed out that it was his record broken. Thomas grew up in Houston.
Yes, and either would make the current Huskers better.

Reactions: BigD51
Subject to rigorous quarantine measures if they're not Covid positive?

For your second paragraph.... you should just stay in your home forever & never leave. You never know, you might be asymptomatic with Covid and that could kill one person. Is it really worth it?

It's pretty wild that people are already expecting and encouraging the idea of not allowing kids to attend college unless they get a vaccine that isn't even FDA approved.

Regardless of that, Morrison, Irvin, and thompkins all have the potential to be pretty special players here. That being said, I've seen this dance before with Ameer, Aaron Green, and Braylon heard. Hopefully we can keep at least one of those guys on the roster.
the FDA did approve it. just because they approved it through a different process does not mean they did not approve it. how do you think they are on the market if they weren't approved?

Subject to rigorous quarantine measures if they're not Covid positive?

For your second paragraph.... you should just stay in your home forever & never leave. You never know, you might be asymptomatic with Covid and that could kill one person. Is it really worth it?
quarantine if close proximity to positive or positive.
there is no reason to stay inside if everyone is vaccinated. plus i would rather you be able to get out of the basement of your mom's house so i would rather get vaccinated and help you.

quarantine if close proximity to positive or positive.
there is no reason to stay inside if everyone is vaccinated. plus i would rather you be able to get out of the basement of your mom's house so i would rather get vaccinated and help you.
Everyone won't get vaccinated, so can we count on you staying inside . . . forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT