ADVERTISEMENT

Severe is tweeting that there is a rumor

Hasn’t been able to work or post here since receiving a concussion in the basement of the Cornhusker Hotel a few years ago. Very sad.
First of all it wasn't HTO that was physically accosted in that stair well. Second of all, HTO posted on here until a couple of months ago. Unfortunately he had low tolerance for fools and gained a permanent ban. Unlike some of us, with some of his connections to the NU athletic department he brought some substantive information that we now don't get. Also, unfortunately much like Pelini, he couldn't control his anger.

First of all it wasn't HTO that was physically accosted in that stair well. Second of all, HTO posted on here until a couple of months ago. Unfortunately he had low tolerance for fools and gained a permanent ban. Unlike some of us, with some of his connections to the NU athletic department he brought some substantive information that we now don't get. Also, unfortunately much like Pelini, he couldn't control his anger.
A low tolerance for fools? That's a good one.

That dude was such a tool.

None taken, if it is fisher I hope the coaches have enough integrity that they inform noa that he wouldn't be his position coach

What an amazing coincidence that this talk of a coach possibly leaving didn’t come out until after the early signing day. I’m not sure the ink was even dry on some of those letters before the rumors surfaced.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
What an amazing coincidence that this talk of a coach possibly leaving didn’t come out until after the early signing day. I’m not sure the ink was even dry on some of those letters before the rumors surfaced.

Of course that is when it comes out. Coaching is a tight fraternity, you never know when your paths will cross again. Unless, you are leaving for a school that is also actively recruiting a specific unsigned player, the odds of flipping are minute, at best. No reason to screw over the school and the HC by announcing earlier than you need to. If the kid wants to come to Nebraska, he would have to trust that Frost will hire another good fit.

Of course that is when it comes out. Coaching is a tight fraternity, you never know when your paths will cross again. Unless, you are leaving for a school that is also actively recruiting a specific unsigned player, the odds of flipping are minute, at best. No reason to screw over the school and the HC by announcing earlier than you need to. If the kid wants to come to Nebraska, he would have to trust that Frost will hire another good fit.

Yes of course the timing was planned. My response was a bit satirical and directed at the post that stated they hoped the staff had enough integrity to inform our remaining DB recruit(s) that their position coach might be leaving.

The coaches love this early signing period so they can get the majority of a class signed before the coaching carosel starts in earnest.

Yes of course the timing was planned. My response was a bit satirical and directed at the post that stated they hoped the staff had enough integrity to inform our remaining DB recruit(s) that their position coach might be leaving.

The coaches love this early signing period so they can get the majority of a class signed before the coaching carosel starts in earnest.

Sorry, I wasn’t more clear. I understood where you were coming from and was just clarifying for the satirically challenged and overly literal.

Reactions: jlb321

And yet, has anybody heard ANY confirmation that a coach is leaving? OR, was it just rumored because maybe somebody threw their hat in the ring for a coordinator or head coaching position? Heck, Pelini threw his hat in the ring for other jobs every year for 5 years. How many of those did he get?

And yet, has anybody heard ANY confirmation that a coach is leaving? OR, was it just rumored because maybe somebody threw their hat in the ring for a coordinator or head coaching position? Heck, Pelini threw his hat in the ring for other jobs every year for 5 years. How many of those did he get?
What year did this start with Pelini? I always had the sense he never fully embraced Lincoln.

What year did this start with Pelini? I always had the sense he never fully embraced Lincoln.
I don't remember which year it started originally but it was full bore after his blow up down in Texas. Pelini's agent had feelers out very early on.

I don't remember which year it started originally but it was full bore after his blow up down in Texas. Pelini's agent had feelers out very early on.
Think it was at the end of the 2010 season when he tried landing the Miami job.
And to be honest, Miami would have been a perfect job for him. A fan base and local media that doesn’t give a sh*t and won’t meddle, and he could recruit from his car.

Plus the persistent rumors that he was headed back to LSU if Les Miles left.
At one point before a Holiday Bowl Pelini and his staff mailed it in. He told his staff during bowl prep, "pack your bags cuz we're heading to Baton Rouge." There were several accounts of assistants stumbling around in the lobby of the team hotel that week. Ooops. Miles stayed that year anyway.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
At one point before a Holiday Bowl Pelini and his staff mailed it in. He told his staff during bowl prep, "pack your bags cuz we're heading to Baton Rouge." There were several accounts of assistants stumbling around in the lobby of the team hotel that week. Ooops. Miles stayed that year anyway.

I can’t believe Eichorst allowed that bullshit to go on for so long. Had Pelini been sniffing around for other jobs during TOs tenure i’m sure he would have canned his ass.

I can’t believe Eichorst allowed that bullshit to go on for so long. Had Pelini been sniffing around for other jobs during TOs tenure i’m sure he would have canned his ass.

That had to be the HB with the Washington rematch. Was Eichhorst at NU at that time? Aside from Riley and NU, I can’t imagine a worse fit than Bo and Miami.

That had to be the HB with the Washington rematch. Was Eichhorst at NU at that time? Aside from Riley and NU, I can’t imagine a worse fit than Bo and Miami.
No-that would have been the 2010 Holiday Bowl and Eichorst didn't come until 2012. So TO was still the AD.

Reactions: samuel
None taken, if it is fisher I hope the coaches have enough integrity that they inform noa that he wouldn't be his position coach
The rumor is that Fischer is leaving. Frost didn't mention him in the press conference so there is that. Personally, I don't believe the rumor. In a large program like the Huskers, it's natural for rumors to come up. I hope it doesn't turn out to be true. I thought his kids improved as the year went on.

Reactions: Baxter48
He should have been let go then, what a pos

Reactions: SC_'sker
And yet we still have retards running around defending him and pointing to him as an example of a good coach. F that guy.

#BoLeaver4Life

I don’t think you can say defend him just recognized that Eichorst didn’t know what the hell he was doing as a AD..

Took him another whole year to find a coach when Pelini threw his temper tantrum in the Iowa game in 2013 when I thought Bo would be gone after that then he comes up with Hiring someone that isn’t a better Head Coach than Peelini...

Oregon for one ... Donte Williams

Oregon has a top 10 class - the #1 recruit in the nation + 14 4*s

No idea who it would be...but Tee Martin is one of the best recruiting coaches in the country and he is available!!!!

D Will and T Mart are great recruiters, this is true. However, they are awful coaches. IMO Nebraska can not sacrifice development for better recruiting. The idea that if you land top talent, they won’t need to be developed, just doesn’t work in Lincoln. We’ve never seen this work here. We need both. And I’d rather have a solid recruiter that can coach, then a lights out recruiter who can’t coach.

Guys like D Will & T Mart will always be employed, however they will never stay at a location extremely long. Our current staff has enough of a personality to recruit. They ain’t exactly MR out there trying to hand out butterscotches to recruits.

And this staff can develop. Every single coach in 2018 out coached the guys from 2017. From top to bottom.

Lastly don’t ever confuse shortbus with HTO. Shortbus was a hell of an insider. Probably the best on the board. When I’d see a post from shortbus, it would be like Xmas. He was such an insider Bo tried to fight him. LOL. HTO was a F-tard who’d get lucky every now and then from over hearing something on a cigar sell

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT