ADVERTISEMENT

Setting up the fans . . .

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
I feel like anything that Trev communicates out to season ticket holders is a lot of bluster. The fan survey will end up just like a sham referendum. A bunch of predetermined "amenities" will be added to the fan experience, and that will justify $60+ tickets (plus donation) for next season, though the product on the field won't be worth that. Unless it's Urb, I can't justify the expense at that rate.
Further, I'd like to know where all of the "Fine, give up your tickets, we'll scoop them right up" crowd is these days. They don't even fetch 50% of face, and I won't give them away, so we just press on going to the games with little to no return on investment on the horizon.

I feel like anything that Trev communicates out to season ticket holders is a lot of bluster. The fan survey will end up just like a sham referendum. A bunch of predetermined "amenities" will be added to the fan experience, and that will justify $60+ tickets (plus donation) for next season, though the product on the field won't be worth that. Unless it's Urb, I can't justify the expense at that rate.
Further, I'd like to know where all of the "Fine, give up your tickets, we'll scoop them right up" crowd is these days. They don't even fetch 50% of face, and I won't give them away, so we just press on going to the games with little to no return on investment on the horizon.
Yes, the biggest % of people getting screwed out of this yr. over yr. is the fans

I gave away tickets to a #2 NU vs #7 KSU game in a National Championship year and they’re great seat because I couldn’t get anybody to give me 5 bucks. So what. If you’re worried about that you probably shouldn’t have season tickets. We’ve been giving tickets to friends for years

I'd like to see the ticket cost commensurate to the product on the field. That's a reasonable ask everywhere but NU, where the expectation is that the athletic dept. supports the university and football is THE economic driver, quality notwithstanding. You are a kind person to give tickets to others. In fact, if we didn't have numerous kind people such as you supporting the program, the sellout streak would've ended last season. You can see that an average fan such as myself, could be frustrated at the current standard season ticket rate while megadonors are getting deep discounts to buy in bulk and fill seats to support the very last football record that we have left since I first took on season tickets in 1999. If our on-field product is comparable to Northwestern, I am glad to pay Northwestern rates for tickets. It's not unreasonable to demand of the program that you support that the value of your ticket on the secondary market be equivalent to its face.

I'd like to see the ticket cost commensurate to the product on the field. That's a reasonable ask everywhere but NU, where the expectation is that the athletic dept. supports the university and football is THE economic driver, quality notwithstanding. You are a kind person to give tickets to others. In fact, if we didn't have numerous kind people such as you supporting the program, the sellout streak would've ended last season. You can see that an average fan such as myself, could be frustrated at the current standard season ticket rate while megadonors are getting deep discounts to buy in bulk and fill seats to support the very last football record that we have left since I first took on season tickets in 1999. If our on-field product is comparable to Northwestern, I am glad to pay Northwestern rates for tickets. It's not unreasonable to demand of the program that you support that the value of your ticket on the secondary market be equivalent to its face.
Don't renew your tickets. It's obvious you don't find them of value. Bitching about the product on the field is what this board is for. Are you willing to pay more when they do well or do you only want a discount when they suck?

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
I'm not sure why folks want to constantly throw trev under the bus, did he hire callahan, bo, riley and frost?
no, he was brought into 3-8....to try and fix it...he did'nt make 3-8....
it took him some time to see exactly how frost was asleep at the wheel...and he made corrections

I suggest let trev hire his coach and give it a couple years..then judge

I'm not sure why folks want to constantly throw trev under the bus, did he hire callahan, bo, riley and frost?
no, he was brought into 3-8....to try and fix it...he did'nt make 3-8....
it took him some time to see exactly how frost was asleep at the wheel...and he made corrections

I suggest let trev hire his coach and give it a couple years..then judge
If more people posted logical points like this, this board would be much less entertaining

Reactions: redwine65
Don't renew your tickets. It's obvious you don't find them of value. Bitching about the product on the field is what this board is for. Are you willing to pay more when they do well or do you only want a discount when they suck?
That's the thing, man. We've been paying premium prices for 23 seasons. We've received premium product for three full seasons and bits and pieces of 4-5 others. I want to see the prices lowered to reflect the consistent value of the product over the last seven seasons. If we get back to being a team that's in and out of the Top 25 consistently, the current rates have value. You are right to recommend non-renewal. Currently leaning that way.

I gave away tickets to a #2 NU vs #7 KSU game in a National Championship year and they’re great seat because I couldn’t get anybody to give me 5 bucks. So what. If you’re worried about that you probably shouldn’t have season tickets. We’ve been giving tickets to friends for years
Damn, I would have bought those for $5 each, that was a one sided beat down by the Huskers. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT