ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously why dont we have better WRs

huskerfan1414

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014
Im watchin some of these games and all these teams have bigger and better WRs than Nebraska does.
No reason that with all the bodies we have in the WR room we cant find a replacement for Stan the man.
Biggest disappointment of the season for me. Thank God spielman is a man but jeeze he had to be pissing blood after last week.
Need Omar Manning badly.
That is all.

Im watchin some of these games and all these teams have bigger and better WRs than Nebraska does.
No reason that with all the bodies we have in the WR room we cant find a replacement for Stan the man.
Biggest disappointment of the season for me. Thank God spielman is a man but jeeze he had to be pissing blood after last week.
Need Omar Manning badly.
That is all.
Mcquitty hasn’t done anything yet, a little Mike Williams no show Woodward. To many years of recruiting busts. Plus imo jd is the first receiver that Martinez looks for

Reactions: Thomud and Dude122
It’s a shame that McQuitty has made no impact and that Noa has been pretty slow out of the gate.

But yes, thank god for Spielman and WanRob.

It’s a shame that McQuitty has made no impact and that Noa has been pretty slow out of the gate.

But yes, thank god for Spielman and WanRob.

McQuitty has had serious injuries every year going back to his senior year of high school...physically unable to live up to his recruiting rank

Last edited:
Our Tight Ends have been wide open and rarely targeted. In addition as another poster pointed out JD is the first option most of the time. Whether that is by plan or by what is happening I do not know.

JD and Warner the only WRs AMart has confidence throwing to...plus MW (Wandale is getting there)

I was hoping Darien Chase or Jamie Nance would be able to contribute as freshmen. Maybe they will by the end of the season. WR recruiting has been somewhat of a disappointment the last few years (other than Wandale, but he's more of a hybrid WR/RB).

Reactions: Bold Words
Our Tight Ends have been wide open and rarely targeted. In addition as another poster pointed out JD is the first option most of the time. Whether that is by plan or by what is happening I do not know.
This is getting JD killed. It isn't all because he is the only one open. I was watching last weeks game and on one of the throws he got blew up on, Noa was wide open about six yards to his right near the sideline, but Martinez chose JD who was running right into the middle of the field with a guy waiting to blow him up. Noa would have probably gained a yard or two less with the catch and I don't think Martinez even looked at him.

someone mentioned something about troy walters being a perfectionist and needing to see certain things out of a guy before he feels comfortable sending him out there.. don't know if true or not, but like has been mentioned, other guys are not consistent, qb favors jd. Tight end I thought was a strength this year, and it's been mostly absent. prior recruiting busts.. who knows.. combination of things I guess

someone mentioned something about troy walters being a perfectionist and needing to see certain things out of a guy before he feels comfortable sending him out there.. don't know if true or not, but like has been mentioned, other guys are not consistent, qb favors jd. Tight end I thought was a strength this year, and it's been mostly absent. prior recruiting busts.. who knows.. combination of things I guess
We were told Austin Allen was another junior miller or something in those terms when he was being recruited so far not much from him, I believe he had a big catch last year against Ohio st. I don’t add thee Ohio State that’s dumb

Mcquitty hasn’t done anything yet, a little Mike Williams no show Woodward. To many years of recruiting busts. Plus imo jd is the first receiver that Martinez looks for

JD is the best player on the field. If AM gets the ball to him in space instead of hanging him out to dry we see a lot more scoring. Spielman has it. The problem is we need someone to be a 2nd deep threat so that teams can't double JD.

We've got a solid starter at TE, but no impact players. Nobody that is athletically gifted enough for opposing defenses to worry about.

it is interesting that we been recruiting for passing during riley and frost and we don't have many wide receivers making catches but then I haven't looked at the film, maybe they are wide open and martinez doesn't look for them?. or we are saving that for ohio state?

This is getting JD killed. It isn't all because he is the only one open. I was watching last weeks game and on one of the throws he got blew up on, Noa was wide open about six yards to his right near the sideline, but Martinez chose JD who was running right into the middle of the field with a guy waiting to blow him up. Noa would have probably gained a yard or two less with the catch and I don't think Martinez even looked at him.
That is if he made the catch.

That is if he made the catch.
i think a lot of the drops lately have been confidence issues that have trickled down, or we just have bad players.. I mean frost turned the roster over pretty much already.

it is interesting that we been recruiting for passing during riley and frost and we don't have many wide receivers making catches but then I haven't looked at the film, maybe they are wide open and martinez doesn't look for them?. or we are saving that for ohio state?

The systems require different kinds of wr’s. Not saying there shouldn’t be some cross over and we shouldn’t have better production from guys than we have now but we also lost some of those guys to transfer. It’s combo of things and it’s definitely hurting us

Last year we had a #1 wr in morgan w/ a quality #2 in Spielman. Now Spielman is #1 but he doesn't have a "Spielman " to help him out

Reactions: SC_'sker
NU desperately needs Manning and I hope they double back to Watt that they placed in Juco as well. Need some size with talent at WR...like the speed that was added but need some bigger bodies as well

Need Omar Manning badly.
That is all.
Frost likes little duck backs/ receivers. Doesn't cut it in the BIG. He and Walters need to reevaluate the type of receiver needed in the program. A 5'8" jitter bug won't get you 10 wins, but it might get you to middle of the pack

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT