ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously... is there a team in the BIG.......

they are pretty sensitive on the penn state board, I make 1 joke about the whole sanduski thing and it whamo, banned for life.
if your program is going thru that you should have thick enough skin for 1 jab.
Well, yeah... know your audience....

I really can’t stand most teams in the Big 10, but I didn’t ever want us to leave the Big 12. I didn’t give two shits about Indiana, like everyone else, until they beat us and acted like the biggest bunch of whiny bitches east of the Mississippi. I was totally rooting for Tennessee.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
I cant get aboard with sparty. No dirtier team in the country.
It's like people have already forgotten their big, fat OL repeatedly body-slamming smaller guys like Bootle after the whistle in 2018, or faking snap counts in 2014, etc. They're not "hard-nosed", they're cheap-shotting bitches :rolleyes:

Reactions: cubsker
Except for the Purdue fan that brags on here without any justification. But he is good for a laugh I guess.
Is it bragging or is it asking for Purdue to be in a conversation for the west title when Nebraska is? They are in a very similar place as programs. Both on the up and up.

Please Note: I believe Purdue and Nebraska will be really tough outs in the west once both coaches get their teams built because of the style they want to run.

Reactions: 9and4
Ah, the psychology of hate. We hate what is unfamiliar to us, and we also hate what is most familiar to us. Stratton, NE hates Trenton, NE. Sigma Nu at UNL hates SigEp next door. Michigan hates Michigan State. Mets fans hate Yankee fans. It is all predictable and illogical. When NU joined the Big 10, they designed the scheduling so Iowa could become our biggest rival, and see this thread to see how well it worked.

To me, the Big 10 is a like a team. In bowl games I root for Big 10 teams. We compete and the winners represent the rest. There are disagreements and annoyances along the way, but because you don't like Fleck's personality or Indiana's tactics or Iowa's trolling is no reason to hate.
great post, but when you said the Big 10 is like a team, I immediately thought, I hate the Big Ten.

I'm really indifferent to the teams of the Big 10 - honestly, I just don't care enough about them to "hate" them.

Hey Sherlocks, the better the Big 10 does the better for Nebraska, if and when, I really think when Nebraska gets back on the national stage

I like all Big 10 teams except Iowa :Cool: Love this conference

Yep, me too. Although I do root big time for the Hogeyes when they're playing any team not in the Big10. I too really, really admire and enjoy watching the Big10. I loved the Big8 but I miss the Texass owned BigXII like another hole in my head.

Reactions: bigboxes
Butgers? Trust me you just haven’t had enough interactions with them then. I live near Trenton and before I opened my own firm. I worked with a lot of RU grads. They shut up after St Greggy left for TB. Now that he’s back they think their going to win a NC within the next 6 years. RollingLaugh

They have no clue how hard it is to win now but they will learn after another winless conference record.
#GBR
So like the people on here that think we’re going to win another NC ‍

Not sure we hated Indiana until all the shenanigans pulled against us this year with the fake injuries.
Maybe just win the game? It’s Indiana. Putting in WM for Dedrick Mills I’n the fourth quarter. Not playing Mo Washington? Just win the game then worry about Mo after the season. Only 12 days a year out of 365 matters in this state. Mo is fast speed usually trumps a slower heart Guy. Would you use WM in PS 4, if no then maybe not in a close game. Again it’s Indiana and one big play away from a win. both Mills or Mo have proven they can make that play, a guy with a 9 for speed is better then a guy with 5 for speed, Just win the game We lost to Indiana, if it was Riley he’s walking home and this board gos ballistic. Instead people make excuses, and moan about fake injuries.

Wisconsin is the only BIG team I can’t stand. I seriously dislike them.

I’m starting to dislike them more and more,not because we can’t beat them but because Paul Chryst is a D-Bag... Not very found of bucknuts either, didn’t bother me they lost to Clemson even though I admit the refs screwed them on that interception for aTD..

Ah, the psychology of hate. We hate what is unfamiliar to us, and we also hate what is most familiar to us. Stratton, NE hates Trenton, NE. Sigma Nu at UNL hates SigEp next door. Michigan hates Michigan State. Mets fans hate Yankee fans. It is all predictable and illogical. When NU joined the Big 10, they designed the scheduling so Iowa could become our biggest rival, and see this thread to see how well it worked.

To me, the Big 10 is a like a team. In bowl games I root for Big 10 teams. We compete and the winners represent the rest. There are disagreements and annoyances along the way, but because you don't like Fleck's personality or Indiana's tactics or Iowa's trolling is no reason to hate.

Yawn.

I hate Iowa, Wisconsin and Ohio State. I rooted for Iowa over Ohio State. So pretty sure I hate them more but their fans talk a lot of sh!t (Iowa)

I semi hate Michigan and Penn State

I don’t like Minnesota, Purdue and Indiana (after their bull crap)

I have no ill feelings toward, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Michigan State, Northwestern (always good games, Fitz throws us a lot of respect and we respect them),

Reactions: BleedRed78
ISU fans have always be decent or at least respectable. Maybe if Iowa fans did troll them like they have done for years...just saying. When Iowa fans do that, naturally it will push a fan base to fire back.
Go check out cyclone fanatic. They are an interesting breed on there.

Northwestern for sure. Friendly semi "rivalry" whether we're too proud to admit it or not.

Don't like much else except maybe Penn State. Aside from the scandal some years back, I've always liked their program, history, location and fan base. Can't think of much else. Like the B1G as a conference, but hate most of the teams. Liked more in the Big 12, but Texas was a rotten apple that spoiled the whole damn thing.
I'm old enough to have attended two of the games against Nebreska in the early 80s. I thought it was a great five game series when both programs were doing very well.
Was very happy Nebreska joined the BIG and hoped you would be our end of season game. I think with.the two of us rolling the game would have been a big time showcase on the national stage.

Sorry, I know big words are hard for you. Go get your blanky and take a nap.

Just too wishy washy for me. I'm a pick a side and fight kind of guy. I have no time for playing on the fence all day. Good for you if you do though! More power to you.

Just too wishy washy for me. I'm a pick a side and fight kind of guy. I have no time for playing on the fence all day. Good for you if you do though! More power to you.
I did "pick a side", and it is quite clear. The Big 10 is like a team, and I root for Big 10 teams in bowl games. Get it now? Sheesh. SMH

.....we like???
I was unaware we hated Indiana...
I like them all and cheer for all of them. Each and everyone of them. Seriously.

I want all Big 10 schools to go undefeated in their non-conference games, and then to do well in the regular season.

I want them all to rank high nationally in recruiting and coaching...and all rank in the top 20 in all the polls. I want to the Big 10 unquestionably the most powerful conference in the country.
'
And then I want the Huskers to beat them all, every year. And I never want any school to have any of their top name players out of a game with us. I enjoy watching them and I want no excuses when we beat them.

The better the Big 10 does, the better we look. You have to beat the Best to be the Best.

One can laugh, but how many remember the year Nebraska, Oklahoma and Colorado finished the season ranked 1, 2, and 3 in the polls. I want that for the Big 10 every year, with us at the top.

Every Big 10 team has to do very well for that to happen. So I cheer for each of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT