ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously... is there a team in the BIG.......

Well, I miss being ok with Okie State and Condiment State in the
Big 8/12
Was wondering if we did not hate all big 8 teams. Maybe okie state was one. But the recruiting shit they pulled with barry sanders I heard about just recently (hiding tapes) made me hate them again !!

I like Purdue and Northwestern. And sorry guys I don't hate Iowa. I can't stand the trolling fan base they have.... but I do not hate the team. Pre Big 10 days I would cheer Iowa on. Just as I would Iowa st back in the Big 8/12 days.

I have tried to hate the team with the off the wall idiotic fans they have that post here. But those idiots haven't changed how I feel yet.

I do have a lot of friends and some family that are Iowa fanatics just like I am a Husker fanatic but they don't act like the key board warrior fans that some of the Iowa fans are.

the big 10 reminds me exactly of the big 8 with a few more members. ohio state reminds me of okie, iowa like misery, etc.
I pull for them in bowl games unless it conflicts with my bowl picks for the office pool.
the only big 10 team I didn't think had a chance in the bowl was minnisota, I figured if auburn could shut down bama, minnisota would be no problem.
I think some money got thrown at minnisota, with that pretty new stadium.. the only thing that bugs me about the gophers is that show called coach, during the intro they allways had a football with the score of minnisota beating us..that seemed wrong headed/unorthodox...

"Hastings4Huskers, post: 5738550, member: 72084"]I like Purdue and Northwestern. And sorry guys I don't hate Iowa. I can't stand the trolling fan base they have.... but I do not hate the team."

You have a picture of the Grinch in your profile and you don't hate Iowa? I thought the Grinch hated everything.

"Hastings4Huskers, post: 5738550, member: 72084"]I like Purdue and Northwestern. And sorry guys I don't hate Iowa. I can't stand the trolling fan base they have.... but I do not hate the team."

You have a picture of the Grinch in your profile and you don't hate Iowa? I thought the Grinch hated everything.
haha touche

Michigan st is good Illinois, Minnesota minus fleck. Purdue,Rutgers,Maryland. No especially Wisconsin Michigan, Ohio st , Iowa, and pedo st.

Northwestern for sure. Friendly semi "rivalry" whether we're too proud to admit it or not.

Don't like much else except maybe Penn State. Aside from the scandal some years back, I've always liked their program, history, location and fan base. Can't think of much else. Like the B1G as a conference, but hate most of the teams. Liked more in the Big 12, but Texas was a rotten apple that spoiled the whole damn thing.

Reactions: PSUPride1
the big 10 reminds me exactly of the big 8 with a few more members. ohio state reminds me of okie, iowa like misery, etc.
I pull for them in bowl games unless it conflicts with my bowl picks for the office pool.
the only big 10 team I didn't think had a chance in the bowl was minnisota, I figured if auburn could shut down bama, minnisota would be no problem.
I think some money got thrown at minnisota, with that pretty new stadium.. the only thing that bugs me about the gophers is that show called coach, during the intro they allways had a football with the score of minnisota beating us..that seemed wrong headed/unorthodox...

Auburn shut down Alabama? Alabama had 40 plus points with a QB starting his first road game. Take away 2 pick sixes and they probably hang 60 on them.

Why tf would you be ok with Iowa state. Their fans are some of the biggest jackholes you've ever met
I never had that impression of Iowa St fans. In fact I can't remember what year it was... a long time ago we got free tickets to a game in Ames. I was all decked out in Husker gear. Not knowing the stadium very well. We sat right in the students section. The weather was crap cold and sleeting and Iowa St started the game with an onside kick.

Anyways me in all Husker hear was invited to a party after the game. Me and my buddy go and the party consisted of tons of students including the cheer leaders and players. It was a blast. And there cheer leaders like to drink and have fun. If I was younger I would love to relive that.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
They need to do something about the fake injuries. What’s the point of tempo if teams are going to slow us down by having a payer take a dive for a play or two...literally makes no difference at all when teams are doing that to us.

Why tf would you be ok with Iowa state. Their fans are some of the biggest jackholes you've ever met

ISU fans have always be decent or at least respectable. Maybe if Iowa fans didn’t troll them like they have done for years...just saying. When Iowa fans do that, naturally it will push a fan base to fire back.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Coaches I can't stand: PJ Fleck, Paul Chryst, and Tom Allen. Honorable mention: Fitzgerald.

Teams I can't stand: Northwestern, Wisconsin.

Teams that suck: Iowa.
I had no reason to not like Tom Allen before this year. In fact, I didn't have any opinion of him at all. Now he's at the top of my list of most disliked coaches in the conference. It's not just the faked injuries, it was also his stupid "nobody believed in us" routine after the game, which was nonsense because a good number of people were picking them to win. I agree with the others on your list too-especially Pat Fitzgerald-that guy has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Ah, the psychology of hate. We hate what is unfamiliar to us, and we also hate what is most familiar to us. Stratton, NE hates Trenton, NE. Sigma Nu at UNL hates SigEp next door. Michigan hates Michigan State. Mets fans hate Yankee fans. It is all predictable and illogical. When NU joined the Big 10, they designed the scheduling so Iowa could become our biggest rival, and see this thread to see how well it worked.

To me, the Big 10 is a like a team. In bowl games I root for Big 10 teams. We compete and the winners represent the rest. There are disagreements and annoyances along the way, but because you don't like Fleck's personality or Indiana's tactics or Iowa's trolling is no reason to hate.

they are pretty sensitive on the penn state board, I make 1 joke about the whole sanduski thing and it whamo, banned for life.
if your program is going thru that you should have thick enough skin for 1 jab.

ISU fans have always be decent or at least respectable. Maybe if Iowa fans did troll them like they have done for years...just saying. When Iowa fans do that, naturally it will push a fan base to fire back.
I grew up with them. Isu fans are way worse because they have nothing to lose. Just because you tend to get into a lot of message board fights with Iowa fans doesn't mean they're that bad in real life

I had no reason to not like Tom Allen before this year. In fact, I didn't have any opinion of him at all. Now he's at the top of my list of most disliked coaches in the conference. It's not just the faked injuries, it was also his stupid "nobody believed in us" routine after the game, which was nonsense because a good number of people were picking them to win. I agree with the others on your list too-especially Pat Fitzgerald-that guy has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Fitzgerald is a pretentious dbag. Love seeing NW get beat

Reactions: Truehuskerfan
Clearly not enough exposure to Mark Dantonio . Dantonio has been known to instruct his players to feign injuries. He has done it against Ohio State and Iowa in seasons past.

This guy understands.
I thought we were giving our own opinions?

Michigan State we get along well with
Minnesota for the most part
Rutgers too

Butgers? Trust me you just haven’t had enough interactions with them then. I live near Trenton and before I opened my own firm. I worked with a lot of RU grads. They shut up after St Greggy left for TB. Now that he’s back they think their going to win a NC within the next 6 years. RollingLaugh

They have no clue how hard it is to win now but they will learn after another winless conference record.
#GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT