ADVERTISEMENT

Serching for idenity

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
Why is it that certain teams like iowa seem to use the talent they have in a way that makes most sense,
but we seem to try to turn martinez into joe montana? Why don't we run martinez more? what do we have to lose?
and I don't mean have martinez roll right and look for a open reciver..
I mean just take off running right..or left..

it seems like we are trying to do things that under utilize the talent we have.
maybe iowa fans might agree, it just seems like what they do matches the people they have

s-l500.jpg

Hi Redwine.

It's the classic question: Does a coach scheme to win 7 games every other year by coaching to talent?...

OR

Build a future monster program capable of winning a national championship by shoving his formula down his recruits throats.

What happened at UCF will answer this question. If Scott and his staff had never gone undefeated, things would be different. Would he be at Nebraska? Maybe. Would he be a different coach?...definitely.

kf runs a bread n butter system.
mixes in enough to keep a def coord honest.
i feel were outthinking ourselves.
to an extent.
i get theres a lot to dissect, here.
but are the miscues signaling complications we dont need...?

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
You are way overthinking this. Running AM is not the answer. It doesn't matter what system teams run, pick one, spread, pistol, multiple set, veer, I, bone, etc. It comes down to execution at the lowest level. Nebraska does not have that. It may look good for a series or even a game to change something up but unless players are performing, nothing is sustained.

Why is it that certain teams like iowa seem to use the talent they have in a way that makes most sense,
but we seem to try to turn martinez into joe montana? Why don't we run martinez more? what do we have to lose?

maybe iowa fans might agree, it just seems like what they do matches the people they have

s-l500.jpg
What you should be searching for is the letter ‘a’ ;)

Nebraska relies heavily on Big Plays. When we don’t get them the O breaks down... the O isn’t meant to prod and pluck 3,4,5 yard gains down the field for long sustained drives. When we don’t get the big plays our O breaks down and makes mistakes... D needs to force turnovers

Reactions: tpmcg and headcard

s-l500.jpg

Are you serious? The quarterback is running the ball to much as it is. The quarterback needs to drive the car in this offense, not be the entire car.

Are you serious? The quarterback is running the ball to much as it is. The quarterback needs to drive the car in this offense, not be the entire car.
who do you think is the best passer between frazier, gill, martinez or taylor?

ADVERTISEMENT