ADVERTISEMENT

Sellout streak

I know you were being sarcastic, but I do think it is weird.

Why would people want to hang out with other people and listen to bs as they drink themselves into telling more bs about things that nobody cares about and so on.

As you can see, I'm not an overly social person..

I have this theory that many guys are happy enough with message boards, radio, and tv, that they really don't have to interact with anyone outside their domain, and that to me, is pretty normal.
I think you are right, I think a lot of people just enjoy watching the game at home and posting. I would guess that is how most fans watch.

I think it will start with the students. Eventually, like at a lot of schools, the pre-game party turns into "We should just stay here and keep partying." instead of going into the game. Fast forward that a few years and those grads are also not going to the game but just tailgating.
Pretty much been that way the last few years for second half.

Then they'll sell more to season ticket wait list and then the students will get po ed because they can't get tickets in a couple years

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Pretty much been that way the last few years for second half.

Then they'll sell more to season ticket wait list and then the students will get po ed because they can't get tickets in a couple years
That is so true! Ha!

We went to the Illini game at Illinois a few years back and the bars were a blast before the game, why leave that fun to see a crappy game?

With the way things are going, how much longer do you see it continuing? If we start the season showing little to no improvement I could see it ending fast.

63174038.jpg

Technically, the "sellout" streak is still in place, but we all know that in reality the stadium has not been anywhere close to full. Donors and fans will keep the tickets consumed, as this little guise is the last thing keeping Nebraska relevant. The "Greatest Fans" also would typically stick around to the end of the game to support the team, even if they suck. With this, I think that the record will continue for many years.

ADVERTISEMENT