ADVERTISEMENT

Sell out streak

Do too the pandemic and only allowing so many in the stadium the streak will still continue but the 2020 will have a asterisk by it..

The sellout steak is cool, and since it is the last domino to fall in the great tradition of NU football, I can see why some fans cling to it.

I’ll trade a half-empty stadium for a winning football team right now. The sellout streak, again - very cool - doesn’t even register with me as having any great importance. The top 50 things I care about with NU football all have to do with fixing the product on the field.

Don't underestimate the importance of the streak, it ties directly to $$$ which is very important. That kind of ticket and concession money buys a lot of stuff like private jet flights to go secure commitments half a country away in December.

NU earns a lot more money than it might strictly merit lately because our fans tune in, and that makes it worth putting on tv.

Sell out streak is a nice thing to brag about for prospective recruits and coaches. Doesnt mean much other than that. Its just marketing at the end of the day

Business question

if you cancel all season tickets for this year and sell all single game tickets for say a capacity of 20k. How much above regular prices can you charge and still get 20k - 2x 3x 4x?

follow up — given a hypothetical 20k for sellout purposes would you rather get 20k for base price or 15k fans at 3x base price but sellout streak ends ?

Just like mythical national championships that were awarded by polls not by a real playoff system.

Didn’t need a playoff system when you beat the #2,#3 and # 4 teams in the country at seasons end (1971) and beat 3 of the team in the top 10 in your conference and #2 Florida 62-24 convincingly (1995)..

You Herky’s know nothing about history..

A playoff doesn't make anything real. Its all opinion no matter what.
And luck of the drawl. If Ohio State gets Oklahoma last year and beats them and Plays LSU for the title, the Buckeyes May have matched up much better with LSU then Clemson even though Clemson beat LSU

Didn’t need a playoff system when you beat the #2,#3 and # 4 teams in the country at seasons end (1971) and beat 3 of the team in the top 10 in your conference and #2 Florida 62-24 convincingly (1995)..

You Herky’s know nothing about history..

Still needs an asterisk on account before the playoffs.

A lot of Karen’s on this board hate the streak because they are bitter old fools. It shows a passion for football we have here like no other school.

I totally agree! As someone who has participated in the continuing the sellout streak, I'm proud of all my fellow HUSKER FANS that keep the streak alive and well. You're darn right it shows a passion for HUSKER FOOTBALL and it is like no other school. I think the closest to Nebraska's streak is Notre Dame and they aren't all that close. In fact, Notre Dame had a 273 sellout streak going until last year, on November 14, 2019, their game against No. 21 Navy was not a sellout. And I cannot find who is 3rd on the list, I'm sure if I tried I could find who is, but why waste my time. LOL

GO BIG RED!!!

Reactions: spinner4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT