ADVERTISEMENT

Secret Metrics revealed

So the certain boosters were going to essentially force Alberts to keep Frost if Frost could get them to a bowl, but aren't going to do anything about Trev canning him before he gets the chance to get to 6 wins?
At 1-2 - losing to NW and G southern the support dried up and Frosts other “hobbies” were strategically leaked further dowsing any attempts by the guy referenced above to rally support as he did throughout 2021

At 1-2 - losing to NW and G southern the support dried up and Frosts other “hobbies” were strategically leaked further dowsing any attempts by the guy referenced above to rally support as he did throughout 2021
I guess that's a theory. Lots of people already knew about the hobbies well in advance of 1-2.

Also there was an October 1 deadline for the reduction of the buyout. That leans more toward the line of thinking that even with 6 wins, he wasn’t going to be retained. I doubt even Alberts thought the team would be 1-2 with loses to Northwestern and Georgia Southern and that he would be forced to make a decision before October 1. But he probably did believe he would be making the same decision later in the season And figured he would save a few more bucks.

I am sure Fred has metrics...

My guess is that it has nothing to do about making the dance...but probably just getting invited to any post season play.

Hopefully USA Today is happy they spent all that time, money and energy to get this information public.
Actually, it is very possible that Nebraska will be ordered to pay their attorney fees because USA Today won the lawsuit.

It sounds like snowed booster is prevented this thing from happening when it should have at the end of last season. Kudos to the coaches who are still in the building trying to salvage the season.

Im happy they did, it is good information.
It’s almost like this stuff should be made available at a public University. Oh wait, the law says it’s supposed to be. First misstep that I couldn’t understand Trev doing, but he followed 5 years of absolute trash “adults” in charge. Guy is rather busy cleaning up the mess.

So the certain boosters were going to essentially force Alberts to keep Frost if Frost could get them to a bowl, but aren't going to do anything about Trev canning him before he gets the chance to get to 6 wins?
It was out of their control after Dublin (finally)

honestly, what Trev did was smart. AD's get what, 1 or 2 HC hires before they're fired?

Make no mistake, Mickey Joseph was his first HC hire. Trev knew Frost was terrible, so he brings in Mickey knowing he gets to audition as an interim, but also has the option to hire someone else if that doesn't work.

Trev could hire Leipold, and if that doesn't work, he probably still keeps his job.

The name Frost is mud

He is no longer welcome in his home state & I feel bad for any and all who share this unfortunate moniker

This info further corroborates the embarrassing tales being told of his tenure, and just how willing he was to take advantage of all things Nebraska - first and foremost the fans

He’s lucky frontier justice has been outlawed & deserves to have his ass kicked more than once
Because Scott wanted things in writing meant he was taking advantage of Nebraska and its fans?

I'm no lawyer but I was under the impression that you want everything in writing.

Why even make 6 wins the mark for retention or reinstating his contract? This schedule is not difficult, and getting to 6 wins wasn't challenging. So you set the bar low when you know the guy is a shitshow, knowing that there's a decent chance he can hit the mark and get better terms before canning him, or worse, forcing us to keep him in place as HC? There must be more to it because, as AD, that's a really terrible move.

I think it was all a ploy to get him to agree to the reduced contract. Trev knew he was going to can him regardless.

The only metrics that really matter are wins and losses. Frost was not even close to acceptable. Trev could have fired him for cause. We're Nebraska. We're you even trying, Scott???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT