ADVERTISEMENT

Secret Metrics revealed

Newbomb_Turk1

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 22, 2019
Nebraska athletic director Trev Alberts reveals the “metrics” for Scott Frost’s revised contract.

it was to make a bowl game. And win six games in doing so. Alberts says he preferred that it would’ve remained a verbal agreement but Frost wanted something in writing.

Had Frost reached that metric, he would’ve reverted back to his old contract. Alberts says no written metric exists for Fred Hoiberg.

The saddest part of this to me was that Frost wanted the agreement in writing. So he had no trust for Trev or the university…after they showed him so much patience and grace. Very disappointing. Who’s his agent?

If this means that Frost would have been here next year upon getting to 6 wins this year, wtf.

Last edited:
He still could have been fired. Trev had an opening with that Georgia Southern loss so he took it. He already figured he would have to do it last fall but the timing was wrong.
Of course he could have fired him before he got to 6 wins, but IF the metric of getting to 6 games was it, and it would get him his old contract back and he would be back next year, I lose confidence in our leadership.

Maybe "good' but to me irrelevant. He was fired and deserved to be, knowing what was agreed upon was meaningless st this point. Time to move on and not talk about Frost for the next 20 years.
The name Frost is mud

He is no longer welcome in his home state & I feel bad for any and all who share this unfortunate moniker

This info further corroborates the embarrassing tales being told of his tenure, and just how willing he was to take advantage of all things Nebraska - first and foremost the fans

He’s lucky frontier justice has been outlawed & deserves to have his ass kicked more than once

The name Frost is mud

He is no longer welcome in his home state & I feel bad for any and all who share this unfortunate moniker

This info further corroborates the embarrassing tales being told of his tenure
I think firing him is what may finally break the hex. After he exited the building the first time we started the decline. We've now come full circle and he is out of the building. Now comes the incline baby!

This years entire recruiting class was flushed because apparently not enough support could be garnered to fire a 4th year coach who had just gone 1-9 against power 5 competition.

there was one guy who knew first hand how little effort Frost was putting in but continued to work tirelessly to keep him employed by leveraging his close ties to boosters. He purposely undermined Trev to keep Frost and indirectly himself in a position of power despite knowing what a train wreck frost was

he also disparaged the job and AD when the AD began putting out feelers in 2021 to potential coaching candidates with the goal of discouraging quality candidates from expressing interest - a course of action that may have ramifications for the current search

he is an anti-Husker

Last edited:
This years entire recruiting class was flushed because apparently not enough support could be garnered to fire a 4th year coach who had just gone 1-9 against power 5 competition.

there was one guy who knew first hand how little effort Frost was putting in but continued to work tirelessly to keep him employed by leveraging his close ties to boosters. He purposely undermined Trev to keep Frost and indirectly himself in a position of power despite knowing what a train wreck frost was

he also disparaged the job and AD when the AD began putting out feelers in 2021 to potential coaching candidates with the goal of discouraging quality candidates from expressing interest - a course of action that may have ramifications for the current search

he is an anti-Husker
Link?

• Haha
Reactions: Redmich

he also disparaged the job and AD when the AD began putting out feelers in 2021 to potential coaching candidates with the goal of discouraging quality candidates from expressing interest

he is an anti-Husker
Yep. This times 1000. I wanted Frost fired after the opening game loss to Illinois in 2021. What more evidence did you need after three years of failure that more failure was on the horizon? Add to that the fact that apparently everyone in a position of authority and their blind pet hamster knew that Frost was an alcohol abusing party boy **** up and yet did nothing. We could have been well on our way to a rebuild right now in year one under a new coach, but instead we wasted an entire year, if not two, because some friend(s) of Frost had influence with boosters. Absolutely stomach turning and it almost makes you want to walk away from Husker football entirely.

pitch perfect vomit GIF

I mean...I would want it in writing too. If you say you wouldn't, you are probably lying, just like the "These players don't have the same passion...I would PLAY FOR FREE for NU instead of taking a scholarship" crowd.

We are talking about millions of dollars here, get it in writing.

With that said, Frost should have been gone the year before and I think everyone knows it.

he is an anti-Husker
Does his name rhyme with Pat Mavison?

To add though, we have lost surprisingly few recruits so far. Maybe they know they will actually have better coaching now under a new guy.
I actually like some of these guys, we could have some dudes with the right coaching

Yep. This times 1000. I wanted Frost fired after the opening game loss to Illinois in 2021. What more evidence did you need after three years of failure that more failure was on the horizon? Add to that the fact that apparently everyone in a position of authority and their blind pet hamster knew that Frost was an alcohol abusing party boy **** up and yet did nothing. We could have been well on our way to a rebuild right now in year one under a new coach, but instead we wasted an entire year, if not two, because some friend(s) of Frost had influence with boosters. Absolutely stomach turning and it almost makes you want to walk away from Husker football entirely.

pitch perfect vomit GIF
We knew midway through year 2 he wasn't a good coach. I was off the bandwagon after we got our asses handed to us by Minnesota in his 2nd year and Frost blamed the team because they wore hoodies during warm ups. Notice what Mickey (and every good head coach) says after a loss? 'It's on me, it's my fault we lost, this my football team and it's my responsibility to get things corrected'. Frost was such an ego maniac he literally blamed a blowout loss on guys wearing hoodies in warm ups. Last year is when the rumblings about Moos and Frost started to leak.

There clearly was someone in the department that had had enough of the partying and slacking off and started to let people know. First Moos was ousted then Frost's philandering started to come out, rumors of partying, alcohol and drug abuse. Then when he got fired, more and more information trickled out about his lack of interest in doing his damn job. I had heard from a very closely connected person some of the details and I hope Lars Anderson writes a book about Frost and his failure of a tenure. He should enjoy retirement because outside of being an analyst in Tuscaloosa to repair his image he wont be a coach again any time soon.

We knew midway through year 2 he wasn't a good coach. I was off the bandwagon after we got our asses handed to us by Minnesota in his 2nd year and Frost blamed the team because they wore hoodies during warm ups. Notice what Mickey (and every good head coach) says after a loss? 'It's on me, it's my fault we lost, this my football team and it's my responsibility to get things corrected'. Frost was such an ego maniac he literally blamed a blowout loss on guys wearing hoodies in warm ups. Last year is when the rumblings about Moos and Frost started to leak.

There clearly was someone in the department that had had enough of the partying and slacking off and started to let people know. First Moos was ousted then Frost's philandering started to come out, rumors of partying, alcohol and drug abuse. Then when he got fired, more and more information trickled out about his lack of interest in doing his damn job. I had heard from a very closely connected person some of the details and I hope Lars Anderson writes a book about Frost and his failure of a tenure. He should enjoy retirement because outside of being an analyst in Tuscaloosa to repair his image he wont be a coach again any time soon.
I remember those stupid "hoodie" comments. I thought immediately that this showed that Frost was not up to the task.

It’s interesting that Frost could have theoretically met that metric of 6 wins - not likely after losing to NW and Ga Southern -
but still mathematically possible.

Who would have been top candidates had Frost been fired after last season? My impression is that the candidate pool is pretty strong this season. Would that have been the case last year?

It’s interesting that Frost could have theoretically met that metric of 6 wins - not likely after losing to NW and Ga Southern -

Who would have been top candidates had Frost been fired after last season? My impression is that the candidate pool is pretty strong this season. Would that have been the case last year?
I think the fact he he still could have got to 6 even after the horrible start...is the reason that he was fired.

I think the fact he he still could have got to 6 even after the horrible start...is the reason that he was fired.
I think it was because it was doubtful that he would win any more games and firing him gave the team a chance to win more games - maybe even enough to make a bowl game.

Last edited:

Why even make 6 wins the mark for retention or reinstating his contract? This schedule is not difficult, and getting to 6 wins wasn't challenging. So you set the bar low when you know the guy is a shitshow, knowing that there's a decent chance he can hit the mark and get better terms before canning him, or worse, forcing us to keep him in place as HC? There must be more to it because, as AD, that's a really terrible move.

Why even make 6 wins the mark for retention or reinstating his contract? This schedule is not difficult, and getting to 6 wins wasn't challenging. So you set the bar low when you know the guy is a shitshow, knowing that there's a decent chance he can hit the mark and get better terms before canning him, or worse, forcing us to keep him in place as HC? There must be more to it because, as AD, that's a really terrible move.
I take Alberts at his word. He wanted to see incremental progress.

Reactions: ISUforNU
I take Alberts at his word. He wanted to see incremental progress.
I’m not sure 6 wins guaranteed retention just a revert back to the financials of the original contract IF he was retained - based on Trevs experience in 2021 with the boosters and the guy referenced above he knew that if frost got to 6 wins it would be hard to replace him. After the 1-2 start he had an opening he had to take as 6 wins remained a possibility given the upcoming big ten schedule

I’m not sure 6 wins guaranteed retention just a revert back to the financials of the original contract IF he was retained - based on Trevs experience in 2021 with the boosters and the guy referenced above he knew that if frost got to 6 wins it would be hard to replace him. After the 1-2 start he had an opening he had to take as 6 wins remained a possibility given the upcoming big ten schedule
So the certain boosters were going to essentially force Alberts to keep Frost if Frost could get them to a bowl, but aren't going to do anything about Trev canning him before he gets the chance to get to 6 wins?

Since all the easier games were in the first half of the season, he would potentially go into November with the mathmatical possiblility of going .500.
As an AD you want to be actively looking before then.
Between that possiblity and rumors of boosters fronting the buyout money in September, best to strike when the iron is hot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT