ADVERTISEMENT

Second dose of Moderna vaccine yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerpal_68

Athletic Director
Dec 12, 2005
I couldn't tell you the last time I felt this sick. I'm 32 and have never called in sick to a job until today. Haven't slept since 1 am freezing cold and puking when I stand up. The one time I took my temperature it was 103.2. I think every bone and muscle in my body has pain. First dose didn't have anything more than a sore arm for a couple days. They are going to have a tough time convincing me to take a booster in 6 months.

I couldn't tell you the last time I felt this sick. I'm 32 and have never called in sick to a job until today. Haven't slept since 1 am freezing cold and puking when I stand up. The one time I took my temperature it was 103.2. I think every bone and muscle in my body has pain. First dose didn't have anything more than a sore arm for a couple days. They are going to have a tough time convincing me to take a booster in 6 months.
how many weeks apart was your 2nd dose of Moderna?

that really sucks to hear, kerpal.
i got the pfizer.
sore area around injection, that was it.
id switch if i were you.

Reactions: Flick2.0
Drink-Meme-Funny-Image-Photo-Joke-13.jpg

that's terrible man. it should be over soon, it's weird how different people react to the vaccine. My wife was sick, best friend was just like you, and i didn't feel a thing.

Get better by saturday! GBR

P.S. Iowa Sucks

My second dose kicked my ass for about 72 hours (achy, chills) and then it was over, and I've had no other issues.

Hmmmm. Too bad. Haven't heard of too many reactions but sounds like the covid-19 itself. Most that get it have minor or no symptoms. But some get it bad

That's no fun - sorry to hear that :/

My wife and I both had Pfizer, with very minimal effects from the 2nd shot. It's crazy how the responses between people varies so much.

After my second Moderna shot I was tired the next day. I took the afternoon off and had a 3 hour nap. The following day I felt normal again.

sorry you dont feel good. I talked with a lifelong vaccine salesperson with a pharma company the other day and she said they believe (this has not been established with certainty) that the level of reaction you get from the vaccine is strongly correlated to the level of reaction you would get from exposure to COVID.
obviously there is a very wide range of reactions to COVID which would in turn explain a very wide range of reactions to the vaccines.
My nurse friend got covid back in december and it knocked her out pretty good for a few days. Fever, aches, the whole thing for 3-4 days. When she got the 2nd dose of Pfizer it happened all over again. She said it was like she got Covid again. Not saying this has been firmly established but thought it was an interesting topic from an informed person. if this is the case, it might make you more inclined to go ahead and get your future covid shots because the shots are pretty damn good at keeping you out of the hospital. if you are a high reactor to the shots then you might be a high reactor to the virus and i would want the security of knowing im safer with the shot then with covid

Man up. Somewhere in the world a kid is patrolling the sweltering desert in full BDU with a raging hangover right now. You'll probably come away from your potentially-life-saving vaccination ok if you dig real deep.

It feels like it's pissing off your immune system because that's what it's supposed to do. Those are the things your body does to say, "Get this f**king virus OUT OF HERE."

1st dose wasn't even noticeable for me. Arm felt mildly tight, otherwise felt no different. Probably because my shoulders are so powerful, I bench like a thousand pounds.

Will probably take a preemptive dose of ibuprofen before bed after the second one. People seem to have this idea that you shouldn't get rid of your fever. A mild fever can be beneficial against a real infection. It doesn't serve a purpose with a vaccination, it's just evidence that your immune system is indeed fired up.

You can have 800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours to get you through that day of symptoms and you might as well.

Man up. Somewhere in the world a kid is patrolling the sweltering desert in full BDU with a raging hangover right now. You'll probably come away from your potentially-life-saving vaccination ok if you dig real deep.

It feels like it's pissing off your immune system because that's what it's supposed to do. Those are the things your body does to say, "Get this f**king virus OUT OF HERE."

1st dose wasn't even noticeable for me. Arm felt mildly tight, otherwise felt no different. Probably because my shoulders are so powerful, I bench like a thousand pounds.

Will probably take a preemptive dose of ibuprofen before bed after the second one. People seem to have this idea that you shouldn't get rid of your fever. A mild fever can be beneficial against a real infection. It doesn't serve a purpose with a vaccination, it's just evidence that your immune system is indeed fired up.

You can have 800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours to get you through that day of symptoms and you might as well.
the Moderna vaccine is mRNA, not live/dead virus. I know you have me on ignore (you're obviously insanely soft), so this is for others who want to understand the science involved in all of this potential life saving.

funny rant, though!

sorry you dont feel good. I talked with a lifelong vaccine salesperson with a pharma company the other day and she said they believe (this has not been established with certainty) that the level of reaction you get from the vaccine is strongly correlated to the level of reaction you would get from exposure to COVID.
obviously there is a very wide range of reactions to COVID which would in turn explain a very wide range of reactions to the vaccines.
My nurse friend got covid back in december and it knocked her out pretty good for a few days. Fever, aches, the whole thing for 3-4 days. When she got the 2nd dose of Pfizer it happened all over again. She said it was like she got Covid again. Not saying this has been firmly established but thought it was an interesting topic from an informed person. if this is the case, it might make you more inclined to go ahead and get your future covid shots because the shots are pretty damn good at keeping you out of the hospital. if you are a high reactor to the shots then you might be a high reactor to the virus and i would want the security of knowing im safer with the shot then with covid
This makes sense

Aren't they saying that vaccinated people can spread it too?
I haven't seen a desire to say one way or another if it's impossible to spread COVID if you're vaccinated. Early info I'm seeing seems to suggest you're a hell of a lot less likely to be a vector for COVID if you're fully vaccinated.

I feel terrible for whom ever has to monitor the chip I got from my shot. I work, go to my children’s baseball games, come home, maybe watch tv for an hour then go to sleep. I couldn’t imagine a more boring series of days for someone looking for something exciting to report to their supervisors. 😂😂😂

I feel terrible for whom ever has to monitor the chip I got from my shot. I work, go to my children’s baseball games, come home, maybe watch tv for an hour then go to sleep. I couldn’t imagine a more boring series of days for someone looking for something exciting to report to their supervisors. 😂😂😂
It's the postal service

Same except remove the excitement of the baseball games. If somebody hired a P.I. to follow me, the guy would die of boredom.

I got Pfizer. Not sure how many of you are old enough to have gotten shingles vaccine, but those kicked my butt 10x worse than the covid shots. Hang in there man, you're gonna make it.

Reactions: TheBeav815

Yikes! How’d you feel after the first shot? My shoulder was just a little stiff so skipped the gym a couple days. I’m due for my second shot in about week.

I'd rather just get Covid
I get that thought and thought that way myself. Until I got covid. What the OP explained is about what I was like, but for almost 10 days. And then I couldn't exercise (lift, walk, or run) for almost 45 days. It sucked.

I am not the youngest guy and not the most in shape. But it hit my college and HS aged kids as well. The never had the bad symptoms at the beginning, but they all struggle getting their breath for at least a month.

I know it is everyone's choice. And I always thought I wouldn't want to get the vaccine. But now it sounds a whole lot better than the actual virus.

My GF is a rep and it better not be the same person LOL, but she said that is what her company is telling her as well. Also, if you had COVID before and you may not even have known it, that your reaction to the second shot could replicate actually getting COVID. If you had a bad experience with COVID, it very well could happen again. All I had with moderna was a sore arm the first time, the second time, a sore arm and lethargic the next day but went for a walk after work and was fine.

Reactions: TheBeav815
If it's still possible to transmit it after getting vaccinated then everyone should stay home forever. Can't be to safe.
I'm sure there's some really cheap property somewhere in the middle of nowhere that you can isolate yourself from others so you wont have to be bothered by the huge sacrifices one must accept while living among others

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT