ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Pod Concept - Big10 concepts

ADV1

Sophomore
Oct 26, 2018
Aledo, Texas
iu

I posted this in another thread as I saw a screenshot being tossed around for the SEC to go to Pods of 4. This concept is where you play the 3 other teams in your pod every year as planned and then two games from each other pod on rotation to get a crack at everyone on a routine basis... this actually looks like a good concept to me so purely for fun purposes only I thought I'd throw out what it could look like for the Big10... ***Of course assuming we add two schools

Pod A:
Nebraska
Minnesota
Iowa
***Kansas - I do think this is a logical addition due to BB & Market

Pod B:
Wisconsin
Michigan
Michigan State
Northwestern

Pod C:
Ohio State
Purdue
Indiana
Illinois

Pod D:
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland
*** Virginia/North Carolina/West Virginia/etc... Some eastern school pickup

Reactions: leodisflowers
Oh I know how it looks... I just tried to separate it out the best I could based on regions combined with perceived historical dominance & rival games (MU vs MSU) that are played every year to even things out... the hardest one was finding members to align with OSU...

IF this happens I just hope they all change the names of these conferences to remove the numbers. It just sounds so stupid.

Reactions: BleedRed78
It’s funny people think Kevin Warren has the foresight to even consider expanding. He was probably told about UT & OU going to the $EC and just thought to himself, “Oh really? Neat.”, then asked his secretary to order more “I brake for wokeness” bumper stickers.

Pod A:
Iowa
Iowa State
Minnesota
Nebraska

Pod B:
Illinois
Northwestern
Ohio State
Wisconsin

Pod C:
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue

Pod D:
Maryland
Notre Dame
Penn State
Rutgers
Notre Dame will remain in the ACC.. If they truly wanted to play in the B1G they would have been in before Nebraska..
I
Iowa State will never be considered, Kansas is the most logical choice..

Reactions: Nate004
iu

I posted this in another thread as I saw a screenshot being tossed around for the SEC to go to Pods of 4. This concept is where you play the 3 other teams in your pod every year as planned and then two games from each other pod on rotation to get a crack at everyone on a routine basis... this actually looks like a good concept to me so purely for fun purposes only I thought I'd throw out what it could look like for the Big10... ***Of course assuming we add two schools

Pod A:
Nebraska
Minnesota
Iowa
***Kansas - I do think this is a logical addition due to BB & Market

Pod B:
Wisconsin
Michigan
Michigan State
Northwestern

Pod C:
Ohio State
Purdue
Indiana
Illinois

Pod D:
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland
*** Virginia/North Carolina/West Virginia/etc... Some eastern school pickup
I'm hearing NO ND and No ACC schools. However, Yes to USC, UCLA, Oregon, and possibly Colorado. No current Big12 schools. Will go to 4 Pod system.

I'm tired of these so called conferences where you don't play certain members of your conference for 5 - 10 years at a time. The reality is that we're moving back to smaller conferences, not larger ones. We just have a different and steady pool of teams to pull from for scheduling purposes. Is Nebraska really in the same conference as Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State? What is the point of it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT