ADVERTISEMENT

SEC not happy about Michigan traveling to Florida

nope -- just pulled up ESPN and saw the headline
thought it would of interest given conference affiliation and our satellite camps last year
can't stand them actually - arrogant and entitled

Reactions: SOHusker11
you ar 100 % correct on that....my grandfather was an MSU man back in the 40s and 50s...so there's that....:)

You guys realize that some of the things Harbaugh is doing potentially could help out NU?

I'm not saying this as pure speculation...hint hint...he knows he can't compete if he plays by the SEC and certain programs' rules...you know those NCAA rules those schools quite don't think matter...so Harbaugh is trying to utilize every single legal loophole in the NCAA rule book to try to level the playing field...

If your program is not trying to do the same or at least standing behind those that are...well, they are only hurting themselves...

You guys realize that some of the things Harbaugh is doing potentially could help out NU?

I'm not saying this as pure speculation...hint hint...he knows he can't compete if he plays by the SEC and certain programs' rules...you know those NCAA rules those schools quite don't think matter...so Harbaugh is trying to utilize every single legal loophole in the NCAA rule book to try to level the playing field...

If your program is not trying to do the same or at least standing behind those that are...well, they are only hurting themselves...
Who in this thread has said this shouldn't happen? I don't see that anywhere...

Edit: anything to upset the apple cart in SEC land is a good thing.

Could the Ole Miss investigation be the first domino to fall? Or will the scandal of 6 of the last 10 national titles being tainted be too big to pursue?

I don't think all $EC teams are immune from the NCAA. I think Ole Miss is one of the vulnerable schools.
They certainly are vulnerable, but uncovering one school's dirty laundry is going to get most of the SEC West very dirty. Does the NCAA feel compelled to act? Remember, in the 90s there were multiple SEC teams under heavy sanctions just about every year. Could we be returning to that?

I feel really bad for Vandy. They have world class academics and have to recruit student - athletes that are in a different academic stratosphere than the other SEC schools. They really have no chance. I wish they were in the BIG

They're just nervous that Harbaugh is doing it at IMG Academy. Aka "their" recruiting territory. All my opinions of Michigan and Jimmy H aside, it's pure genius. I actually love that the SEC hates it.

Reactions: WHCSC
Could we have ours at Calabassas High this spring. Seems a bit borderline to me overall

It certainly benefits Michigan.

It certainly benefits Michigan.
Of course it does...didn't say he was specifically doing it to help out other programs...doesn't mean other programs can't take advantage of these type of things also

I think it's a great idea. I also think there will be a serious effort made to prevent it from ever happening again.

If they allow it is a huge advantage for schools with money. The expense is like going to a bowl game. Hey kid sign here next year we are going to London.

ADVERTISEMENT